• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

Just one word of advice to a new believer @Dirt Eaters

Maybe we are all loons and you are the only one that sees the truth. Maybe all of our advice is bad. Why even come to a Christian forum right?

We all go by one book. Most answers are found by looking at that book, but not by really assuming anything without tying it all together from other verses in context.

If you don't want to bother, just believe everything your pastors says and you'll have maybe an 80%-90% chance everything he says is right. You seem like the kind of a person who wants to know. Lots of things people say won't necessarily make sense in the beginning.

5 months is still a youngin'.

Welcome to the forum. I do like the way you think and a lot of what you said stimulated me to think.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Dirt Eaters said:

You guys are such hypocrites seriously. Jesus talked to the Dead they weren't in heaven because they didn't make it that far yet. I'm talking about Moses and Elijah. Or are you going to make an excuse that that was Jesus and not us and yet Jesus tells us to be like him. Or now are you going to tell me that you know better than what Jesus did. 

Save yourself some frustration and don't argue with those who think they know the truth. Search for yourself don't listen to these people. Find out the true literal truth and pray to God to show it to you. And don't let those on Worthy make you feel bad about yourself. I have been through this before. 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Save yourself some frustration and don't argue with those who think they know the truth. Search for yourself don't listen to these people. Find out the true literal truth and pray to God to show it to you. And don't let those on Worthy make you feel bad about yourself. I have been through this before. 

Really? She calls posters a bunch of hypocrites, and yet she is trying to make posters feel good about themselves. Is that what you think?

As far as the dead, God said that Moses is dead. (Joshua 1:2)

As far as Lazarus, it can be that God restored life to Lazarus (after Jesus prayed), and then Jesus called to him. He was not allowed to speak to the dead.

An arrogant person is above being corrected. I personally don't think that Jesus was above being corrected or receiving discipline from God. (Heb. 12:6)

As far as the transfiguration, it was a vision.

14 minutes ago, NCAP said:

Really? She calls posters a bunch of hypocrites, and yet she is trying to make posters feel good about themselves. Is that what you think?

As far as the dead, God said that Moses is dead. (Joshua 1:2)

As far as Lazarus, it can be that God restored life to Lazarus (after Jesus prayed), and then Jesus called to him. He was not allowed to speak to the dead.

An arrogant person is above being corrected. I personally don't think that Jesus was above being corrected or receiving discipline from God. (Heb. 12:6)

As far as the transfiguration, it was a vision.

Take a look at yourselves. Are you being hypocrites? Are you treating her the way God would want you to treat her? Are you displaying the fruit of the Spirit?

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Are you being hypocrites?

There is no need to ask ourselves those kinds of questions. She is the one who called other posters hypocrites. So, if others don't see things the way she sees things, it's okay for her to call them hypocrites? Why does anyone have to accept her accusations?

But the topic is selective Christianity. So, let's get back to it. Consider the following:

"Beware of the scribes. They like to walk around in long robes..." (Luke 20:46)

I mean seriously, did he expect them to walk around in their underwear?

17 minutes ago, NCAP said:

There is no need to ask ourselves those kinds of questions. She is the one who called other posters hypocrites. So, if others don't see things the way she sees things, it's okay for her to call them hypocrites? Why does anyone have to accept her accusations?

But the topic is selective Christianity. So, let's get back to it. Consider the following:

"Beware of the scribes. They like to walk around in long robes..." (Luke 20:46)

I mean seriously, did he expect them to walk around in their underwear?

I think it is very important to ask ourselves those kind of questions. Ask God to search your heart. Ask him if we are really living the life God wants us to lead and if we are being kind to others as He wants us to. We all will go before Jesus Christ to the judgment one day. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

10 hours ago, Dirt Eaters said:

So what I'm talking about in selective Christianity is how we you and I come to some conclusions or are taught certain conclusions that are misleading at best. And I think that pastors need to really knuckle down on some of the stuff.

Pastors are usually heads of non profits.

If they make comments that are too politically incorrect or controversial. They can stand to lose their non profit status.

If you want someone legitimate to comment, you'll have to search somewhere else.

Are there any catholics here btw? Will anyone be upset if I comment on the catholic situation in a negative light?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

You will find threads on the subject of catholicism here. I am not catholic. Some here were raised catholic.

I find it difficult sometimes to comment about a belief without it seeming I am against people who are in that belief since it isn't personal and it isn't about them so much as comments about the belief itself. 

Sometimes it may seem as if the belief is being singled out critically over others to those unaware of what has happened and what is happening now. I have no idea what you are prepared to comment about, but most here are well aware of the long term apostasy and the ongoing worsening or eroding ( if it were possible) of that religion that claims to be christian in nature.

12 hours ago, Space_Karen said:

Will anyone be upset if I comment on the catholic situation in a negative light?

Well, here is something for you to comment on. And you can say what you think is wrong with it.

The Magisterium of the Church

85 "The task of giving an authentic interpretation of the Word of God, whether in its written form or in the form of Tradition, has been entrusted to the living teaching office of the Church alone. Its authority in this matter is exercised in the name of Jesus Christ."47 This means that the task of interpretation has been entrusted to the bishops in communion with the successor of Peter, the Bishop of Rome.

86 "Yet this Magisterium is not superior to the Word of God, but is its servant. It teaches only what has been handed on to it. At the divine command and with the help of the Holy Spirit, it listens to this devotedly, guards it with dedication and expounds it faithfully. All that it proposes for belief as being divinely revealed is drawn from this single deposit of faith."48

87 Mindful of Christ's words to his apostles: "He who hears you, hears me",49 the faithful receive with docility the teachings and directives that their pastors give them in different forms.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Space_Karen said:

Pastors are usually heads of non profits.

If they make comments that are too politically incorrect or controversial. They can stand to lose their non profit status.

If you want someone legitimate to comment, you'll have to search somewhere else.

Are there any catholics here btw? Will anyone be upset if I comment on the catholic situation in a negative light?

You can be honest about the RCC and as long as you do not go against the TOS you will be ok.