IGNORED

Climate Change Is Extremely Political And Agenda Serving, Unfortunately It Is Also True

Space_Karen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,160
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Wise move.   It wasn't going very well.

Many would call your debate method gaslighting.  Claiming heat is actually cold, and so on, is gaslighting.  :emot-nod:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,088
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Many would call your debate method gaslighting. 

Funny you should say that.   

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Claiming heat is actually cold, and so on, is gaslighting.

I'm sure you're going to show where I wrote that heat is actually cold, right?   I don't remember that.  Don't forget to show us.   BTW, that's not what "gaslighting" means.   If I said that heat was cold, that would be a falsehood.   Gaslighting is convincing people to doubt their personal reality, not about the meanings of words.   An example would be a spouse constantly criticizing the other spouse and then convincing them that they are the one nagging.

You were misled into thinking that the errors in those stations were because they were hotter than other stations.   As you saw from the research data, they were actually colder than other stations.    But as you also saw, the differences were rather small, and didn't significantly affect the overall outcome.  

Would you like me to show you that again?

Edited by The Barbarian

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

Funny you should say that.   

I'm sure you're going to show where I wrote that heat is actually cold, right?   I don't remember that.  Don't forget to show us.   BTW, that's not what "gaslighting" means.   If I said that heat was cold, that would be a falsehood.   Gaslighting is convincing people to doubt their personal reality, not about the meanings of words.   An example would be a spouse constantly criticizing the other spouse and then convincing them that they are the one nagging.

You were misled into thinking that the errors in those stations were because they were hotter than other stations.   As you saw from the research data, they were actually colder than other stations.    But as you also saw, the differences were rather small, and didn't significantly affect the overall outcome.  

Would you like me to show you that again?

Naturally, someone gaslighting would tell you that everything you have ever said on any topic is wrong, just like you just did, once again.  You have never agreed with me once.  It's your method of debate.  :emot-nod:

• Well Said! 1

30 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Naturally, someone gaslighting would tell you that everything you have ever said on any topic is wrong, just like you just did, once again. 

Disagreement isn't gaslighting.    And as you see, the data clearly shows you're wrong.

You have never agreed with me once. 

Maybe that's an important clue here.   I keep posting data and evidence from research and field investigations.

It's your method of debate.

Scientist, you know.   Evidence matters to us.   I see you couldn't support your claim that I said heat was cold.  Would saying someone said something, when they did not, be considered "gaslighting?"

Edited by The Barbarian

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

Disagreement isn't gaslighting.    And as you see, the data clearly shows you're wrong.

Maybe that's an important clue here.   I keep posting data and evidence from research and field investigations.

Scientist, you know.   Evidence matters to us.   I see you couldn't support your claim that I said heat was cold.  Would saying someone said something, when they did not, be considered "gaslighting?"

I think you will post whatever disagrees with what is being said no matter how wrong it is, which is gaslighting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A startup claims it has launched weather balloons that may have released reflective sulfur particles in the stratosphere, potentially crossing a controversial barrier in the field of solar geoengineering.  -- MIT Technology Review

(Read more in link below)

A startup says it’s begun releasing particles into the atmosphere, in an effort to tweak the climate

And don't worry, this technology has been secretly used in chem trails for some years.

On 12/26/2022 at 5:49 PM, Sparks said:

Naturally, someone gaslighting would tell you that everything you have ever said on any topic is wrong, just like you just did, once again.

I said that?   Link us to my post where I said that everything you have ever said on any topic is wrong.   Let's see if you were gaslighting, or  I actually said that.

You have never agreed with me once.

If you think that two people, always in disagreement, is "gaslighting", I think  we've found the problem.

It's your method of debate.

That's what a debate is.   Two people disagreeing, and arguing their own conclusions.

14 hours ago, Sparks said:

A startup claims it has launched weather balloons that may have released reflective sulfur particles in the stratosphere, potentially crossing a controversial barrier in the field of solar geoengineering.  -- MIT Technology Review

`It appears that this is more of a publicity stunt than an attempt to change climate.   From your link:

Some researchers who have long studied the technology are deeply troubled that the company, Make Sunsets, appears to have moved forward with launches from a site in Mexico without any public engagement or scientific scrutiny. It’s already attempting to sell “cooling credits” for future balloon flights that could carry larger payloads. 

Several researchers MIT Technology Review spoke with condemned the effort to commercialize geoengineering at this early stage. Some potential investors and customers who have reviewed the company’s proposals say that it’s not a serious scientific effort or a credible business but more of an attention grab designed to stir up controversy in the field. 

Luke Iseman, the cofounder and CEO of Make Sunsets, acknowledges that the effort is part entrepreneurial and part provocation, an act of geoengineering activism. 

14 hours ago, Sparks said:

A startup says it’s begun releasing particles into the atmosphere, in an effort to tweak the climate

And don't worry, this technology has been secretly used in chem trails for some years.

To give you some idea of how much stuff you have to shove into the atmosphere to make a difference:

When HVO began to routinely use these UV measurements in 1979, the summit averaged about 500 t/d of SO2 or less. Between 1983 and 2008, Kīlauea’s Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō eruption averaged around 2,000 t/d.(tons per day) After higher emission rates early in the 2008–2018 summit eruption, the lava lake emissions stabilized near 5,000 t/d while Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō’s emissions fell to a few hundred t/d.  

The 2018 eruption had incredibly high emission rates of nearly 200,000 t/d (https://www.usgs.gov/center-news/volcano-watch-new-assessment-k-lauea-s-extreme-so2-emission-rates-2018), the highest recorded emissions from Kīlauea. Following the 2018 activity, total Kīlauea emissions dropped to only about 30 t/d.  

At the onset of the new eruption in December 2020, Kīlauea summit emission rates were 30,000–40,000 t/d. Since the north fissure activity ceased on December 26, 2020, SO2 emissions have progressively dropped to around 2,500 t/d on January 11, 2021, telling us that the eruption rate has decreased.  

https://www.usgs.gov/observatories/hvo/news/volcano-watch-gas-math-how-we-know-how-much-sulfur-dioxide-volcanoes-emit

None of this has made a measurable difference in global temperatures.   It takes a truly massive eruption to do that.   As to our hero using weather balloons...

How much weight will a weather balloon lift?

The balloon can carry a payload of up to 2000g (70.5 oz) and reaches a maximum burst altitude of 38,000m (23.6mi). This makes the Weather Balloon 2000 one of our prime-products for maximum altitudes. For the recommended amount of helium please use our our helium calculator.

https://yourwiseanswers.com/how-much-weight-will-a-weather-balloon-lift/

So roughly 0.002 tons.   On a slow day at Kilauea, our hero would have to release about 1,250,000 weather balloons to match its output.   Which as you now know, has not made a measurable difference in global cooling.   Sulfur dioxide is highly toxic, but as you see, the atmosphere is a big place and releasing many tons of it into the sky is not a hazard to humans on the ground, due to dilution of the gas in the atmosphere.

global_warming_farse.jpg.8719dde2928e0adcf2d8becbfcd07951.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Growing up in the Midwest I was quite aware that when it gets really cold there is less snowfall.   Hint: snowfall is actually rather light in Antarctica.

It almost never snows in Antarctica and more incredible weather facts

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/it-almost-never-snows-in-antarctica-and-more-incredible-weather-facts/ss-AATMU9C#image=2

So I always find cartoons like that one to be funny, but not the way the cartoonist hoped.  Oh, and Buffalo NY climate?

Buffalo State College geography professor Dr. Stephen Vermette has been studying all those numbers closely.

“And we’re seeing that increase, and that is due to temperature change," Vermette said as he pointed to his computer screen showing how Western New York’s growing season is growing.

Vermette started his trend analysis in 2015. He says Western New York is seeing the effects of climate change.  

“There was no change in trending temperature between 1927 and 1964, then from 1965 to 2016,” Vermette said. We suddenly see a rise in temperature which one can attribute to climate.”

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2022/03/10/how-buffalo-became-a-climate-change-refuge-and-be-in-buffalo-s-new-venture-

I know, I know... "How can there be global warming, if it still snows in the winter?"

And to be fair, there are actually people who can't figure that out.