IGNORED

Climate Change Is Extremely Political And Agenda Serving, Unfortunately It Is Also True

Space_Karen

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Here are two houses.

They have at least three things in common:

1. They are multi-million dollar residences;

2. They are on the coastline;

3. They belong to two of the loudest and most strident voices warning the peasants that "climate change" will cause sea levels to rise to the point that the oceans will "submerge cities."

One might think these two owners would heed their own lecturings to the peasants and be reluctant to plunk down millions on houses that, by their own pronouncements, will soon be underwater.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/pages/article/sea-level-rise-flood-global-warming-science

https://www.timeout.com/things-to-do/cities-that-could-be-underwater-by-2030

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/29/climate/coastal-cities-underwater.html

https://www.livescience.com/what-places-disappear-rising-sea-levels

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/world/rising-sea-cities-study-intl-hnk-scli-sci/index.html

Obama:

Obama.jpg

Kerry:

John Kerry.jpg

Edited by Ps37

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,088
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 4/29/2023 at 10:28 AM, Ps37 said:

They belong to two of the loudest and most strident voices warning the peasants that "climate change" will cause sea levels to rise to the point that the oceans will "submerge cities."

Seems kinda unlikely, since no one I know of thinks coastal cities are going to be "submerged" anytime soon.   Eyeballing those homes, it looks as though it would be about the end of the century before they'd be threatened under most projections.

I'm guessing you got this off some denier website without actually checking the details.  

Now, if the Greenland Ice Cap melts ae a much accelerated rate, or if a major Antarctic ice shelf collapses, that might happen a lot sooner.   Maybe several decades sooner.  Still not what you were told, I'm thinking.

Edited by The Barbarian

On 5/6/2023 at 10:31 PM, The Barbarian said:

no one I know of thinks coastal cities are going to be "submerged" anytime soon.  

Of course, I have no doubt that the "data" you cite is unimpeachable (and in any event seems to support the position that the alarmism may have been, shall we say, exaggerated).

When anyone lectures me on what I "need to do," I tend to adhere to the adage, "don't look at what they say, look at what they do."

What they say:

Multimillionaires lecture the peasants that they need to abandon their internal combustion engines, their gas ranges, and live in smaller dwellings in the name of combating the "climate change" that will "submerge cities."

What they do:

Meanwhile, these same multimillionaires fly in private jets, travel in motorcades consisting of multiple gas-guzzling SUV's, and live in estates whose square footage is measured in five digits and are situated yards away from the oceans that will engulf them.

I'm skeptical.

Edited by Ps37

1 hour ago, Ps37 said:

Of course, I have no doubt that the "data" you cite is unimpeachable (and in any event seems to support the position that the alarmism may have been, shall we say, exaggerated).

Well, that's the problem.   You see, certain events that might happen, would accelerate the rise, while if they don't happen, the predicted rise will likely be the case.   No one anticipated the sudden acceleration of melting in Greenland, for example, or the undercutting of a major ice shelf in Antarctica.    If either of those continue, predictions will be too low.    Another unexpected issue is more snow in Antarctica.  It doesn't snow there much; cold air tends to be dry air.  But elevated temps mean more snow is falling there, and it takes some of the water out of circulation for a bit.    It's complicated.   But the general outlook is for faster rises than had been predicted.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-02/sea-levels-are-rising-faster-than-most-pessimistic-forecasts?leadSource=uverify wall

Things are kinda scary now, but that might not continue.   We can hope.   And maybe take some steps now to minimize the damage.

1 hour ago, Ps37 said:

Meanwhile, these same multimillionaires fly in private jets, travel in motorcades consisting of multiple gas-guzzling SUV's, and live in estates whose square footage is measured in five digits and are situated yards away from the oceans that will engulf them.

A big house probably means very little to the issue.   And as you see, those ocean-front estates are meters above the expected ocean rise this century.    Why do you think they built them on hills? Don't believe everything you read on social media.    And last time I looked, many of those meetings are now by internet.  

For the reasons we all understand.

Edited by The Barbarian

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

A big house probably means very little to the issue.   And as you see, those ocean-front estates are meters above the expected ocean rise this century.    Why do you think they built them on hills? Don't believe everything you read on social media.    And last time I looked, many of those meetings are now by internet.  

For the reasons we all understand.

"Former President Barack Obama has warned extensively about rising sea levels, arguing in the past that such trends pose a threat to national security.

“Climate change, and especially rising seas, is a threat to our homeland security, our economic infrastructure, the safety and health of the American people,” Obama said in a 2015 speech."

Obama: "It doesn't matter if you're a Republican or a Democrat if your Florida house is flooded by rising seas, 
all of us have sacrifices to make."

Maybe not "all of us."
Edited by Ps37

1 hour ago, Ps37 said:

"Former President Barack Obama has warned extensively about rising sea levels, arguing in the past that such trends pose a threat to national security.

“Climate change, and especially rising seas, is a threat to our homeland security, our economic infrastructure, the safety and health of the American people,” Obama said in a 2015 speech."

Which, I suppose, is why he bought a house well above the projected rise in this century.  

1 hour ago, Ps37 said:
Obama: "It doesn't matter if you're a Republican or a Democrat if your Florida house is flooded by rising seas, 
all of us have sacrifices to make."

While rising seas causing larger storm surges in Florida is already making many coastal homes uninsurable, it's not just the flooding.  In Florida, the aquifers are now being contaminated as the rising seas intrude on their freshwater reserves.  Would you like to learn about that?

1 hour ago, Ps37 said:

Maybe not "all of us."

Yes, that will cost all of us.   Turns out the economy affects us all, and all of this will adversely effect the economy.

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

Would you like to learn about that?

Your continuing offers to "educate" the rest of us are, of course, always appreciated.

On 5/6/2023 at 10:31 PM, The Barbarian said:

I'm guessing you got this off some denier website without actually checking the details.  

What is the definition of "denier website"?

5 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

A big house probably means very little to the issue.

"The goal under the treaty for housing is to reduce emissions by 80% from their 2005 levels. An analysis by the researchers suggests that U.S. households won’t meet the 2050 targets set for residential emissions, even if the electricity grid relies on cleaner sources of energy.

Only if homes are smaller and more tightly packed together would that target be achievable."

https://www.ecowatch.com/carbon-emissions-2646445096-2646445096.html

I'm guessing this would have to be from a "denier website" as well.

Edited by Ps37

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38

On 10/15/2022 at 4:27 PM, David1701 said:

There was an ice-age, following the global Flood, which was about 4,400 years ago.  The Earth has not been around for millions of years...

Hello!  Scotland here too.  I agree with you, the Earth has not been around for millions of years.  There was a 'little' Ice Age in Europe in the 1640s-60s which caused Highland Lochs and the River Thames to freeze over in Wintertime, it warmed up in the 1690s.  Some level of 'climate change' is normal for the Earth.   God Bless You :)  

4 hours ago, Ps37 said:

Your continuing offers to "educate" the rest of us are, of course, always appreciated.

Here you go:

Saltwater intrusion is the movement of saltwater into freshwater aquifers. In South Florida, the aquifer is experiencing increasing levels of saltwater intrusion.

https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/earth-systems/blog/tell-me-about-saltwater-intrusion-in-florida/

They belong to two of the loudest and most strident voices warning the peasants that "climate change" will cause sea levels to rise to the point that the oceans will "submerge cities."

4 hours ago, Ps37 said:

What is the definition of "denier website"?

For example, one that tells you that Obama and Kerry said cities were going to be "submerged" in the next century or so.   You're a victim only as you let those guys tell you stories like that.

I've looked at the data.  While some areas of low-lying coastal cities would be flooded, none of them would be "submerged."

"to go below or make something go below the surface of the sea or a river or lake: "

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/submerge

I can't think of one that would even be completely flooded in this century.   This kind of hysterical exaggeration is a common characteristic of denier websites.    Are you starting to realize why Obama and Kerry have houses just a few meters above sea level, and aren't worried about it?