IGNORED

Climate Change Is Extremely Political And Agenda Serving, Unfortunately It Is Also True

Space_Karen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,088
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Ps37 said:

But Obama's coastline acreage at 1 meter above sea level is safe.

Check.

Even with that slanted picture, you can see that it's much higher than one meter above sea level.

Also, Obama didn't actually buy it.   It's owned by a trust.   And on the map, the house is between 10 and 20 feet above high tide.    obamahouse.jpg.012ddd7a414385eb2841e0fede1d4c9d.jpg

Which is roughly 3 to 6 meters.

Again, if you trust deniers and weird political and cultural bloggers instead of the science, you're going to be constantly fooled like this.   Always check the stories those guys tell you. 

Edited by The Barbarian

3 hours ago, Ps37 said:

But China emits more greenhouse gas than the entire developed world combined.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57018837

Check.

China actually releases about half as much carbon per person as the United states. 

China: 7. 38 tons per person    United States: 15.52 tons per person

And you were fed misinformation yet again...

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-countrys-share-co2-emissions

As you see, China does not produce more greenhouse gases than the entire developed world combined.

And in 2022, China's CO2 emissions actually fell slightly.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 5/27/2023 at 8:28 AM, The Barbarian said:

Always check the stories those guys tell you. 

You might do the same.

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-years-of-failed-eco-pocalyptic-predictions/

(Barbarian cautions people to look at the scientific literature, rather than newpapers, denier blogs, and magazines)

Always check the stories those guys tell you. 

3 hours ago, Ps37 said:

And you just linked us to newspapers, magazines and other non-scientific sources, along with some actual scientific comments that have since been verified.  

You should probably know that even in the 1970s, when we didn't know a lot, the consensus of climatologists was that warming was on the way.  Would you like me to show you that?

And the Ozone Hole went away because the world took action to stop release of fluorocarbons in the atmosphere.   Want to see that? 

And I haven't  seen the "trophospheric temperature" scam  for a long time.   The trophosphere is the interface between the atmosphere and space.   The warming issue is temperature at the surface, not the trophosphere.   But you didn't know that, so you were easy prey for the guys looking to fool you.

Instead of cutting and pasting, if you had actually learned about what scientists had actually found, you wouldn't have made that mistake.

I think you just won my argument for me.   Thank you.    Don't be so gullible.

Edited by The Barbarian

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/10/2022 at 3:45 PM, Space_Karen said:

An attempt at proving climate change true in 3 parts.

1. Over the last 2,000 years humans have cut down more than 50% of natural forests on the planet to make way for highways, shopping malls, real estate development, factories and farmland. 

2. The hardness of a diamond comes from its carbon content. Likewise the hardness of wood and trees comes from carbon they absorb from the soil and atmosphere. A single acre of forest can store (sequester) tons of carbon over time. 

3. People having chopped down more than 50% of forests in the world. Should it have a negative effect on the planet's capacity to absorb and store carbon? What would we expect to happen to a human populated base on mars with a small forest of plants and trees to generate oxygen and scrub carbon from breathable air, if more than 50% of their plants and trees were lost? 

Even if climate change is real.

I'm not a fan of Greta Thunberg. Not a fan of protestors blocking roads and highways in protest of climate change. Not a fan of politicians and activists using climate change as an excuse to push agendas. 

That said.

Imagine the audacity of people thinking they're entitled to chop down more than half of the forests on their planet, without it having any consequences or negative effects whatsoever. 

I have never been too concerned about Climate Change aka "Global Warming."  Even if Climate Change is real (and I have my doubts), God's wrath in the Tribulation will do more to destroy the environment than mankind will ever do.  God has not given us a world we can destroy.  He has not given us the power to do too much harm to His world.   I think the world, namely the media tries to scare people, but if our trust is in the Lord, then we know that all of the stuff we do that isn't good for the environment was already accounted for in His plan.  Nothing takes Him by surprise, and nothing will thwart His plans.  This is HIS planet, and He rules over it and all that is in it. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, JasperWalls11 said:

I have never been too concerned about Climate Change aka "Global Warming."

The people on the Gulf Coast, watching their insurance premiums go out of sight because of increasing numbers of severe storms are sure concerned.   The ranchers and farmers in the high plains, watching their water resources dwindle are concerned.  

On the plus side, the people of sub-Saharan Africa are pretty happy; warming has disrupted the dry winds out of Asia, and their arid lands are greening up.   Winners and losers.   We're the losers.

3 hours ago, JasperWalls11 said:

God's wrath in the Tribulation will do more to destroy the environment than mankind will ever do. 

Maybe our stupid and short-sighted abuse of the world He gave us is His wrath.   It's not the first time He's done it that way, you know.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

The people on the Gulf Coast, watching their insurance premiums go out of sight because of increasing numbers of severe storms are sure concerned.   The ranchers and farmers in the high plains, watching their water resources dwindle are concerned.  

There are many times in recorded history, where the weather was way hotter or way colder than normal.  What we are experiencing is nothing that our ancestors 80-100 years ago suffered.  And that was long before the myth of Global Warming/Climate Change was foisted on the masses. 

Maybe our stupid and short-sighted abuse of the world He gave us is His wrath.   It's not the first time He's done it that way, you know.

Oh, let me tell you, the wrath of God is far worse than anything that we could do to ourselves.   If you read the Bible, you will discover that the wrath of God in the tribulation period is a supernatural judgement that will be inflicted upon the earth on a level that no one could ever imagine.   There is just no comparison.  

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

20 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

And you just linked us to newspapers, magazines and other non-scientific sources, along with some actual scientific comments that have since been verified.  

I wonder if those of us who were just as skeptical in the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's of the "scientific" claims disseminated by the media were as contemporaneously "misinformed", "tricked", "fooled", "misled", and "in denial" as we are now.

I think you just won my argument for me.   Thank you.

I've seen from your posts here and elsewhere how important this is to you.  Just keep trying, and everything will be OK.

Don't be so gullible.

The irony.

4 hours ago, Ps37 said:

I wonder if those of us who were just as skeptical in the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's of the "scientific" claims disseminated by the media were as contemporaneously "misinformed", "tricked", "fooled", "misled", and "in denial" as we are now.

Far back as I can remember, most of the media were reporting what the climatologists were reporting; things were warming up.    I do notice that some climate denier websites have faked magazine covers and other things to enhance their revisionist stories.   So maybe you're trusting the wrong people.

You seem to have won my argument for me.

4 hours ago, Ps37 said:

I've seen from your posts here and elsewhere how important this is to you. 

Well, maybe it's important to one of us...    I learned a long time ago, it's best to trot out the data instead of getting frustrated with personal stuff.   Don't be so gullible.

Remember, read the scientific literature, if you don't want to be fooled.

Edited by The Barbarian

5 hours ago, JasperWalls11 said:

There are many times in recorded history, where the weather was way hotter or way colder than normal.  What we are experiencing is nothing that our ancestors 80-100 years ago suffered. 

Well, that's a testable belief...

616910main_gisstemp_2011_graph_lrg1-3178532826.jpg.aa28391dbc7e7cbb1503e8c8cd41a6f5.jpg

No, that's wrong.   It's clearly getting hotter faster.

6 hours ago, JasperWalls11 said:

And that was long before the myth of Global Warming/Climate Change was foisted on the masses. 

As you see, it's a demonstrable fact that it's warming up.  What's alarming is that we are currently in a solar minimum, in which we should be cooling off.  Instead we're getting record high global temperatures.