IGNORED

If I'm interpreting this correctly, Moses told us that there is water BENEATH the Earth

Not of the World

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Eman_3 said:

I am not going into a lengthy explanation on early Christianity, but for the first 300 years after the death of Jesus, there were many groups that believed they had the one true message and often conflicts arose. In 325 AD Emperor Constantine convened an assembly of bishops ( First Council of Nicaea ) to sort out the many conflicting dogmas and creeds. From that assembly came the Nicene Creed and the assembly of the Bible.

Up until that point there were many different and differing documents and one purpose of the Council was to sort out the differing opinions into one cohesive dogma. The Council did not accept all documents and assemble them into the Bible, some were omitted, some had just a few snippets included, who knows how much was edited. They also resolved and decided on the date of Easter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

As we all know, even today there are ten different versions of the bible, from KGV to King James to English Standard. Imagine  how many different versions there were before the council was convened.

The OT canon is the same one that was accepted by the Jews.  There were some fake books that pretended to be written by apostles, in the NT, but the congregations saw through those and rejected them.

The Bible does not come from the Council of Nicea, but from the general usage of the congregations.  There were heretics then, just as there are now, but it is the worldwide Assembly of Christians (real ones) that keeps out the errors, not a council convened by a pagan Roman emperor, who pretended to be Christian, and tried to amalgamate paganism and Christianity.

The pagan festival of Easter was used to replace the celebration of the Passover, which is at roughly the same time of year.  This was done by Roman Catholicism, which is a counterfeit of Christianity.

There are many translations of the Bible (not only into English), some better, some worse; but, the majority of Greek and Hebrew manuscripts are the foundation, and that remains fully reliable.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

This was done by Roman Catholicism, which is a counterfeit of Christianity.

Ahh, the "no true Scotsman" fallacy.

Do you not understand that there are over 45,000 Christian denominations? All from the same book? Each believe they and they alone have the correct interpretation and all of the others are wrong.

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

There are many translations of the Bible (not only into English), some better, some worse; but, the majority of Greek and Hebrew manuscripts are the foundation, and that remains fully reliable.

The harsh reality is the Bible is composed of stories of stories of translations of stories from unknown authors. We do not have any original texts. There is zero evidence anything was put to paper until at least a full generation after the death of Jesus. Many assume that the synoptic gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were written by each of the four mentioned disciples. They weren't.

14 hours ago, Eman_3 said:

Do you not understand that there are over 45,000 Christian denominations? All from the same book? Each believe they and they alone have the correct interpretation and all of the others are wrong.

I know very well that there are numerous denominations; but there shouldn't be.  Denominations are not God's will; however, the vast majority of denominations are in agreement as to the essentials of Christianity.  It is in some of the details that they differ.

The harsh reality is the Bible is composed of stories of stories of translations of stories from unknown authors. We do not have any original texts. There is zero evidence anything was put to paper until at least a full generation after the death of Jesus. Many assume that the synoptic gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were written by each of the four mentioned disciples. They weren't.

And you have provided precisely zero evidence for any of this unbelief.

5 hours ago, David1701 said:

And you have provided precisely zero evidence for any of this unbelief.

So you assume that one day everyone woke up and "poof" there was a Gideon Bible besides every bed? Have you ever wondered how the Bible came to be, and investigated it's history?

55 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

So you assume that one day everyone woke up and "poof" there was a Gideon Bible besides every bed?

Appeal to ridicule is a logical fallacy.

Have you ever wondered how the Bible came to be, and investigated it's history?

Yes.  Have you?

4 hours ago, David1701 said:
5 hours ago, Eman_3 said:

So you assume that one day everyone woke up and "poof" there was a Gideon Bible besides every bed?

Appeal to ridicule is a logical fallacy.

Yes it is, but a valid honest question. Do you know the history and origins of the Bible? Where did this collection of stories come from? Who collated those stories and where, when, and why did they do it?

4 hours ago, David1701 said:

Yes.  Have you?

I suspect I have put in more time and research and know a lot more about the real history of the Bible.

19 hours ago, Eman_3 said:

Yes it is, but a valid honest question. Do you know the history and origins of the Bible? Where did this collection of stories come from? Who collated those stories and where, when, and why did they do it?

I suspect I have put in more time and research and know a lot more about the real history of the Bible.

I suspect that you're not a Christian, which doesn't mean that I'm any more right about that than you are about your opinions.

13 hours ago, David1701 said:

which doesn't mean that I'm any more right about that than you are about your opinions.

So we have transitioned from biblical knowledge to opinions?

15 hours ago, David1701 said:

I suspect that you're not a Christian

I am an ordained priest. The major difference between myself and most in this forum is that after over a 40 year diligent study, I have come to realize that the Bible is full of inconsistencies and outright lies. I do not take the Bible literally, I question everything instead of blindly accepting.

Generally, I consider a good part of the Bible as a guide in living a good life and being a good person. No more than that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,377
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 12/6/2022 at 8:31 PM, Eman_3 said:

God says:
2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The inspiration of God's Word is rife throughout it's written pages and the seal place on the Revelation says His Word is complete THUS

John 12:48 (KJV)

[48] He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

21 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

I am an ordained priest. The major difference between myself and most in this forum is that after over a 40 year diligent study, I have come to realize that the Bible is full of inconsistencies and outright lies. I do not take the Bible literally, I question everything instead of blindly accepting.

Generally, I consider a good part of the Bible as a guide in living a good life and being a good person. No more than that.

Too bad your diligent study was not of The Scripture ... you would have come to a different conclusion... as is right now, in your head, you have the readers digest and not the Word of God...