Workman

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I bought a book at a thrift store titled "Jesus Christ - The Apostle, Priest, and King".  The author's last name was on the binding, which said "Barnard".  I confused it with "Barnhart", as in David Barnhart.  When I got it home and looked up the book by title and author, "Victor Barnard", I was shocked!  Even if Biblically sound, it's still going in the garbage.  Not sure what I'm expecting in the way of comments, just that I was sorely disappointed. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

Well obviously, there is something about Victor Barnard that you don't like.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Workman said:

I bought a book at a thrift store titled "Jesus Christ - The Apostle, Priest, and King".  The author's last name was on the binding, which said "Barnard".  I confused it with "Barnhart", as in David Barnhart.  When I got it home and looked up the book by title and author, "Victor Barnard", I was shocked!  Even if Biblically sound, it's still going in the garbage.  Not sure what I'm expecting in the way of comments, just that I was sorely disappointed. 

Don't know if this Victor Barnard is the same man in the news for pedophilia, but...I assume you must think so as you would pitch the book in the trash.

As for David Barnhart - I never heard of him.  I Googled him and he's QUITE the progressive.  I'd throw his books in the trash as well.

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

Don't know if this Victor Barnard is the same man in the news for pedophilia, but...I assume you must think so as you would pitch the book in the trash.

As for David Barnhart - I never heard of him.  I Googled him and he's QUITE the progressive.  I'd throw his books in the trash as well.

I can only assume that the Victor Barnard that wrote the book is VB the sicko because I couldn't find anyone with the same name that is legit.  

As for David Barnhart, I watched a few of his Bible teachings on Youtube and they seemed ok, but when I was researching VB, I discovered what you just said, and it was another disappointment, but not as bad as the monster Barnard.  Some of Barnard's books are on Amazon, but that doesn't surprise me either.

https://www.thecut.com/2016/06/pine-county-minnesota-sex-offender-victor-barnard.html

Edited by Workman

2 hours ago, NCAP said:

If there is a list of sinners, with the greatest at the top of the list, Victor Barnard and David Barnhart would probably not even be close to the top. So why throw their writings in the garbage can but not Paul's?

I can't site chapter and verse off the top of my head, but I know that there's something about shunning alleged "Christians" who are apostate, and/or deep in sin and don't repent?  Ever hear of Ravi Zacharias?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravi_Zacharias

If you haven't looked VB up, here's a link:  
https://www.thecut.com/2016/06/pine-county-minnesota-sex-offender-victor-barnard.html 

If you know of a different Victor Barnard, please post a link.

4 hours ago, NCAP said:

Well obviously, there is something about Victor Barnard that you don't like.

https://www.fox9.com/news/victor-barnard-the-history-of-a-cult-leader
There's lots more if you do a search.

Edited by Workman

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Personally it's not about " the sinner" or liking or disliking anyone but I would not be interested in reading anything a person had to say regarding God's Word if they lead a religious cult in secrecy for 10 yrs and had been charged with 53 counts of sexual assault....unless of course it was a Confession and a Testimony about Jesus Forgiveness ... Like ,the Apostle Paul!