IGNORED

Where does it say we have to speak to demons?

Guest Zayit

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Yes, you are correct, Larry. We are not to "engage" them in conversation, but rather exercise our given authority in Christ and send them out and away. I have known it to happen that one engages only so far as to determine the name of the demon, and its function or role, whether or not it is the "head honcho" or a mere minion. That can be important information. We must always try to discover the leader and remove it.

Blessings! :whistling:

And I don't even think it is necessary for us to know the name of a demon..the nature of a demon is pretty good..such spirit of contention could draw attention..

Point being that Floatingaxe is right, we are never to engage them in conversation..simply tell them to get lost with authority in Christ and they MUST flee..

Jackie, perhaps there are circumstances in which we need to know? Jesus asked one time what the name was, but I believe that is the only recorded time He did so.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jckduboise

Yes, you are correct, Larry. We are not to "engage" them in conversation, but rather exercise our given authority in Christ and send them out and away. I have known it to happen that one engages only so far as to determine the name of the demon, and its function or role, whether or not it is the "head honcho" or a mere minion. That can be important information. We must always try to discover the leader and remove it.

Blessings! :41:

And I don't even think it is necessary for us to know the name of a demon..the nature of a demon is pretty good..such spirit of contention could draw attention..

Point being that Floatingaxe is right, we are never to engage them in conversation..simply tell them to get lost with authority in Christ and they MUST flee..

Jackie, perhaps there are circumstances in which we need to know? Jesus asked one time what the name was, but I believe that is the only recorded time He did so.

well Ronald, since everything that God made is so unique I would imagine circumstances are too..good day sir..

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I keep hearing about this deliverance ministry, and how we are to cast out demons after finding out their names. I can't find scriptural back-up for this.

Can anyone help?

I realize this is an older post but feel compelled to throw in my two cents worth. God tells us to rebuke satan in His name and he will flee from us and I would imagine whatever other demons are around will flee in fear as well. That's it.

We don't need to dwell on demons. To even think about communicating with them is a dangerous path. It is usually the occult that summons demons and worships them. We are assured protection from demons or that little voice that tells you to do what's wrong in God's eyes to rebuke satan in HIS NAME. The Name of our God who is all powerful and will win in the end. I do not fear evil because I am surrounded by Gods love and protection and the Holy Spirit that dwells within you is much stronger than he that is in the world. God is in control and His plan is perfectly orchestrated. Although I do admit Revelations does confuse me a little but I take what I need and He gives me what I need to understand and know that what He says is true and divine.

He is an awesome God. And His presence and power is in all of us all the time. It's a mystery to me how this happens but I don't question it because it is as if is infused inside me when I became a believer.

:whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

I've seen churches where folks wave penants and so forth, but I've never heard that the individual colors are supposed to 'allow the Spirit to operate' or any such thing. As far as I know, it is just a way of offering praise. If they think the colors allow God to work, they're out of their ever loving minds! :whistling:

the church I attend waves banners,during praise and worship.I haven't found anything in the bible about it,someone said it is to stir the Holy Spirit.I doubt this works but I don't know where to go to church,because everyone around here is into the purpose driven life or cell groups,this isn't into cell groups yet.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I keep hearing about this deliverance ministry, and how we are to cast out demons after finding out their names. I can't find scriptural back-up for this.

Can anyone help?

You do not need their names to cast them out.

You cast them out in the name and authority of the Lord Jesus Christ. All other "methods" are false.

You can say "you devil who does ______ to (persons name) I take authority over you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and tell you to leave ______ and go to where Jesus Christ sends you." etc etc

Customize it according to how the Holy Spirit leads because each devil will be different. Each combination they may have may require a different command. It depends on how they are bound. How long. How it got there. The doors the person opened to get it need to be closed. They also need to be a Christian or they will not stay free.... in fact could get worse as that devil cast out will return with more without Christ.

They need to ask to be filled with God's Holy Spirit after the deliverance.

There are many who are just playing a spiritual game in this area. Not really doing anything at all.

It is not prayer to God that casts out devils, it is a command to the devil in the person. It is not talking to the person either.

Email me if you have questions.

Are you really a Lawyer because you sound so professional and I mean that in a good way so please don't take offense. I totally agree with you but a simple command would be I rebuke you satan in the name of Jesus Christ and God promised that he would flee from us. And you are so correct, it is a command with the strong conviction of the Holy Spirit again I say who is greater in you than he that is in the world.

Also I agree that there are many out there who are playing a spiritual game, who claim to be Christian but are actually still walking in the dark by their actions but it is not my place to judge who is and who isn't. The one who knows for certain is our Creator Lord and Savior.

I believe if you just command satan all his demon followers will also flee in fear. There is no need to know the names of demons. Why not instead concentrate on the love of God that He gives so generously and undervedly to those who believe in Him.

The command to get satan from pestering you is certain but follow up with prayer to keep the evil one from coming back and trying to claim you or steal you away from God. I truly believe that satan/the devil/anti christ attacks Christians more than anyone because he knows he will never get our soul.

It's funny how we think alike but express ourselves in different ways. But you're pretty cool if I may say so :)

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

It is ONLY prayer to the Father that casts demons out in my experience. I will not get into details, it is not something I like to talk about, but I will say that I had a few issues with real live demons in my lifetime. Not just the kind that you think you have because you swear:)

The best advise i can give anyone who is being taunted by these things is NOT to even attemp to deal with them by speaking to them. That does more harm than good. There is NO need to know thier names...the only thing you need to know is that if you bow before your Heavenly Father and CLAIM THE BLOOD OF CHRIST, the demons will flee.

Claiming the Blood and believing are the keys.

I went through months of torture, read every book on the subject I could get my hands on. Then I talked to my dad, who is very strong in his faith, and he told me very bluntly that I was giving those demons far too much attention. Keep your eyes on Christ, Claim the Blood and then leave it all in his hands.

It was instant. I was released right away, and never had any more dealings with it, although I still get a little anxiety when I tell someone about it.

Thanks to that advice I am quite sane today...otherwise I don't know where I'd be

Praise the Lord

Edited by BFP

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Can anyone help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is probably not a good doctrine to get involved with. Most ministries that are obsessed with demons, especially their names, turn into devil worshipping cults, etc. This is a BIG problem with the Charismatic movement. They have all these ministries where you learn to wave flags and such, adn each color is supposed to allow the Holy Spirit to operate, or scare away the devil ,etc. None of it is scriptural.

The only time I'm aware of in scripture where anyone asked a devil his name was when the Lord cast out the Legion from the demoniac of Gaderenes. He was in no way setting a precendent of how it ought to be in future encounters.

Just tell the joker to skat in Jesus name. That works for me

From Nevin

The devil is no game. he needs to be taken seriously. The Lord God says that you shall have power to cast out demons in His name. I have seem victims of possesion and i think that you need to relook at your answer to tell the joker skat in Jesus name.....that is nonsensical.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/30/1941

I realy do not know to much about demons.I was at a gospil sing about 30 years ago.There was a young girl that wanted the christians to pray for her.This the truth. She sat up stoped crying

jumped up and ran out the back door knocking down some chairs.It was like she was a diffrent person.I myself do not want any thing to do with them.I only have room in my life for Jesus Christ,Praise the Lord.............

In these posts it is the first time that I have heard of diffrent colored flags used in church.Can some one let me know what this is?

Thank you all, God bless you all

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

In these posts it is the first time that I have heard of diffrent colored flags used in church.Can some one let me know what this is?

Well I don't fully understand it myself, but I have heard of it and I think it boils down to people wave different coloured flags around, each colour representing something (ie: green for deliverance, red for HS power...).

All a bit weird and heretical if you ask me. Flags for the purpose of worship and praise - maybe, but not to get God to move or whatever!

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

OP-

I dont know about talking to demons, I dont know why you would want to. But if you have on in you you certainly want to rebuke it and tel it to leave!