• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 11/4/2022 at 1:07 PM, TheBlade said:

Its the bema seat. Look into it and in those days there was bema seat where they would give rewards out to those that won and what not. Those that didn't win so to speak got nothing. So we are being judged on what we did and didn't do aka rewards. Saved we all are some will get rewards some wont. 

The bema seat seems to have two meanings - one is that which you refer to . . . a seat where the Olympic games were judged.  That is, someone officiating over who won, making sure rules were followed etc.  The other meaning of "bema seat" pertains to the legal judgmental authority of the Romans.  I think Paul was referring to the first meaning, as he uses metaphors for the Christian's endeavors like "running the race" or boxing, which were both Olympic events.  For this reason, I think the meaning of bema was about winning or losing rewards, not so much about punishment.

A good passage illustrating this is in 1st Corinthians 3, where it relates the use of different building materials to a Christians works.  It says these building materials will be judged and if they are wood, hay or stubble, they will not survive the fire.  But if the believer builds with gold, silver and precious stones, then these will survive.  But even if all of a believers works get burned up in the judging fire, the person themselves "will be saved, yet as through fire."  (1 Cor 3:15)

So a believer never has to worry about being judged for sin, as Christ took the fall completely for all their sins.  The born again one is regenerated with God's life in them and is a child of God forever.  However, God loves His children, there is accountability,  and sometimes they need firm discipline.  If we follow Him well in this life ("faithful in a few things" - see Matt 25 servants parable), we will have acceptable works before Him at the bema seat and receive a reward.

"All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable."  1 Cor 10:23

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I just read this. Thank you ❤️🙏🏼❤️

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, AlsoBroken said:

I just read this. Thank you ❤️🙏🏼❤️

I agree with most of the replies to your topic, and believe you can learn from them.

My advise to you (as an older saint) is this: Finish your race strong, and determine that you will never go back into the old life style. Since you cannot change the past, learn from it, repent if you need to, and press on forward in the grace and freedom in Christ. The Bema seat of Christ should motivate us to good works, not condemn us in despair.

You are of great value to the Kingdom of God . . . 

Grace and Peace . . . Ray  . . . 

• Loved it! 1