bropro

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

There was no HolySpirit when sabbath was commanded in the desert and now is the era of Holy Spirit sabbath rest every day.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I appreciate all your answers. There is some sound wisdom to be gleaned here. I see in this situation, that God was the one who gave the command to have the man stoned to death, which is consistent with His warning should anyone defile the sabbath as shown in the verses below. So as I see it, God demonstrated that He was a just God by ordering that the man be executed. I can see why people who don't know the Lord, or have not matured in the faith may have questions in their mind about this. It is good to get other people's perspective on this. Thanks again for your comments. 

Exodus 31:14-15 (KJV)
14  Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
15  Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Gary

Edited by bropro

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 11/6/2022 at 5:29 PM, bropro said:

The question that was asked by a couple of people was, why was the penalty so severe for this man?

Because we need to take good care of ourselves. The Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. It is for our benefit that we need to rest and allow our body to recover and built itself back up again. 

• Thumbs Up 1