• Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.95
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings MrM

Thank you for initiating this Topic....to begin with you quoted from the Book of John,what better starting point is there to come to know WHO Jesus is?

Of course ,before moving I had I wanted to read again the things Written,that we may BELIEVE.....Ahhhh,I can read John 20;1-30 a million times & every time I Praise the LOrd that "My Redeemer Lives"

My favorire verse is about us,you & I and everyone who hears the WORD

He was speaking to Thomas,Thomas was not present when Jesus Came to the others& he needed "proof",,,ha! How Blessed are we that our Faith Comes by Hearing the Word of God!

So now it was recorded,John the eyewitness Gives Account of the empty Tomb & the Risen Messiah!

Then you gave the example of Nathaniel,Nathaniel,upon meeting Jesus is AMAZED that Jesus Knew he was sitting under a fig tree (obviously there was no one around,just before Philip called to him) and so Nathanial,being AMAZED exclaims "You are the SON of GOD.KIng of Israel" to Jesus! Again,we see the Word of God (Jesus)Received by Faith......now the Theme changes as Jesus Goes on to explain He is also the Son of man......

Shall we stop here to discuss & study what we have understood so far ...or?

With Love in Christ,Kwik

As to John 20:29, I love any and all "blessed are" verses, and this is particularly one of my favorites. I think we share the same awe of reaction, understanding what a miracle it is that we even believe. People who don't accept pre-destined may just not be humble enough yet to accept how undeserving this honor. Jesus even covered this further with prayer for all who would go out with His message.

John 17:20 I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word.

We should receive this prayer with the full  power and authority of the one who is offering it up. We should also include this in our prayers for one another.

How does this tie in to the topic? In the Nathaniel discourse, I point out distinctions between the role of Son of God, and son of man, as I do in later comparison.

With this we see the blessings on those who believe without having seen as an example of a time that the Son of God and son of man were working on common ground, and in perfect harmony, resulting in the double blessing.

All for sake of the brethren beloved,

James

P.S. Sorry I missed your joke. I was in the middle of a tempest, and should have come back later to really soak on your word. I will do better, and I am more focused today to be a blessing to the forum.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8

On 11/17/2022 at 11:04 AM, Mr. M said:

51 And He said to him, Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open,

and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the son of man.

To see the heart of a man so clearly to discern no deceit is the power of the Son of God.

Ministering angels are for the son of man.

Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister

for those who will inherit salvation?

The other point that can be discussed and be helpful is this idea of angels of God ascending/descending on the son of man, and how the verse in Hebrews conveys this angelic ministry as applicable "to all who will inherit salvation.". We receive the double blessing when we are fully functioning both in the indwelling Holy Spirit, and also working hand in hand with ministering angels. Thoughts anyone?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

34 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

As to John 20:29, I love any and all "blessed are" verses, and this is particularly one of my favorites. I think we share the same awe of reaction, understanding what a miracle it is that we even believe. People who don't accept pre-destined may just not be humble enough yet to accept how undeserving this honor. Jesus even covered this further with prayer for all who would go out with His message.

John 17:20 I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word.

We should receive this prayer with the full  power and authority of the one who is offering it up. We should also include this in our prayers for one another.

How does this tie in to the topic? In the Nathaniel discourse, I point out distinctions between the role of Son of God, and son of man, as I do in later comparison.

With this we see the blessings on those who believe without having seen as an example of a time that the Son of God and son of man were working on common ground, and in perfect harmony, resulting in the double blessing.

All for sake of the brethren beloved,

James

P.S. Sorry I missed your joke. I was in the middle of a tempest, and should have come back later to really soak on your word. I will do better, and I am more focused today to be a blessing to the forum.

Hi Brother J

Oh no,don't apologize- so many people really use these websites and google's as their " be all" or " go to' for information  and don't even research the source - So you & I just really met,how could you know that I was being funny? I check out as well with commentaries from " whatever.com",lol

Maybe its my age- maybe the way I learned to study from my youth-" due diligence"is so ingrained...I must know whos who from where!😃

Oh my,the " Blessed are" verses- that's my HIGH! Someone once said to me as I was looking at a sculpture of Jesus in the cross,the artist encaptured pain and agony and Jesus eyes staring filled with tears...." Do you know what Jesus Sees,what he is looking at"? I replied," no' and she said " your face"

Anyway,everytime I read those verses I Know my Savior,my Lord is Speaking to me- it leaves me speechless,even breathless....there is not a Higher Praise than HALLELUYAH! And it's just not High enough..... For me? Me?!He Did That for ME?My God- thank You ,thank You Jesus....

• This is Worthy 1

Oh - before you go on with your next thoughts about Functioning in Spirit & in regards to the Book of Hebrews I'd love you to continue with that Nathaniel Story,where you left of & where you mentioned you were going with it    😃

Yes,we saw those that Believed because they Saw and then we see the Gift that Faith is,that measure of Faith is Truly a Miracle .... The Eyes of our heart are opened not because we are better than anyone else,try harder,look closer but becausd we are Called,just like Jesus Knew Nathaniel while he sat alone under the fig tree

Yes,please go on....

In His Love,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I check out as well with commentaries from " whatever.com",lol

A pleasure to continue to get to know your sense of humor. Interesting how timely this is, as the Holy Spirit was just speaking to me today about using humor to address our shortcomings with a willingness to laugh at ourselves. As you just mentioned, it is important to know your audience to avoid being an offense. The other critical factor in using humor is something the Holy Spirit spoke to me about back in the 90's. He cautioned me that laughter is a form of agreement, and we have to be wise in what we agree with as funny, and we want others to laugh at, as the agreement of two or more as to something being funny can be spiritually binding, and detrimental. But by all means, we should enjoy one another, including our wit with our wisdom.

With the wit and wisdom from above,

James

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Yes,we saw those that Believed because they Saw and then we see the Gift that Faith is,that measure of Faith is Truly a Miracle .... The Eyes of our heart are opened not because we are better than anyone else,try harder,look closer but becausd we are Called,just like Jesus Knew Nathaniel while he sat alone under the fig tree

I just left a post about angels ascending and descending and hope we can go further into that also.

Here is something I would add to our believing, and that is we can see when the Spirit is moving and follow God's revealed Will into a deeper experience of His Presence.

John 3:8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it,

but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes.

So is everyone who is born of the Spirit

Many times I have witnessed people breeze past this verse as a description of the "mysterious Holy Spirit". And yet the Lord clearly states that this describes any believer being born of and by the Spirit. One reaction I would offer from experience is that your thoughts, words, and actions will  often seem totally illogical, even to members of a congregation. You must press forward in boldness when the Spirit is leading, even if friends and family condemn you, and the world mocks you.      "Because those who are led by the Spirit are the children of God."

Another important factor is that we should be alert to when the Spirit is moving on another brother or sister, and not ignore them and miss God's move. This is often nothing more that a spirit of carnal jealousy that keeps some from receiving. Here is a perfect example. Those who believed in the ministry of John the baptist, stuck around to hear him speak.

John 10:

40 And He went away again beyond the Jordan to the place where John

was baptizing at first, and there He stayed. 

41 Then many came to Him and said, “John performed no sign, 

but all the things that John spoke about this Man were true.” 

42 And many believed in Him there.

This is why it is critical to not judge on appearances, but judge righteous judgment. The Lord has no respect of persons, and will often use a nobody to deliver a message. "who has received our report?"

John 5:41 “I do not receive honor from men. 

42 But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you. 

43 I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me;

if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. 

44 How can you believe, who receive honor from one another,

and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?

• This is Worthy 1

42 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

I just left a post about angels ascending and descending and hope we can go further into that also.

Here is something I would add to our believing, and that is we can see when the Spirit is moving and follow God's revealed Will into a deeper experience of His Presence.

John 3:8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it,

but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes.

So is everyone who is born of the Spirit

Many times I have witnessed people breeze past this verse as a description of the "mysterious Holy Spirit". And yet the Lord clearly states that this describes any believer being born of and by the Spirit. One reaction I would offer from experience is that your thoughts, words, and actions will  often seem totally illogical, even to members of a congregation. You must press forward in boldness when the Spirit is leading, even if friends and family condemn you, and the world mocks you.      "Because those who are led by the Spirit are the children of God."

Another important factor is that we should be alert to when the Spirit is moving on another brother or sister, and not ignore them and miss God's move. This is often nothing more that a spirit of carnal jealousy that keeps some from receiving. Here is a perfect example. Those who believed in the ministry of John the baptist, stuck around to hear him speak.

John 10:

40 And He went away again beyond the Jordan to the place where John

was baptizing at first, and there He stayed. 

41 Then many came to Him and said, “John performed no sign, 

but all the things that John spoke about this Man were true.” 

42 And many believed in Him there.

This is why it is critical to not judge on appearances, but judge righteous judgment. The Lord has no respect of persons, and will often use a nobody to deliver a message. "who has received our report?"

John 5:41 “I do not receive honor from men. 

42 But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you. 

43 I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me;

if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. 

44 How can you believe, who receive honor from one another,

and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?

To God be the Glory- Forever & Ever and Ever More!

Reading John 5:41 has just Hit me very very Strongly,I cannot describe that lump in the throat,the desire to either fall to my knees or just lie prostrate but it is what I yearn for morning,noon & night.....

Here,right here where there are two ,in His Mighty Name He is in the Midst of our Praise....Wonderful things take place where the Children of God Gather- seeking Him Will all of our Heart,Soul and Mind

I can only think of Proverbs 3:5-6( is that it,I'm on my phone,grabbing my Bible)

Yes,that's it!   Thank you,I'll return to my computer tomorrow so we can dive into His Word much more....

Isn't it funny,All these decades pass and we read God's Word day after day,month after month and year after year and yet it's always 'refreshing",like summer rain on a hot day,like the morning sun or a cool breeze- I Love God!

Have a Wonderful God Filled evening--- so glad you joined!

In His Love,Kwik

• This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  782
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/17/2022 at 10:04 AM, Mr. M said:

John 20:31 These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,

and that believing you may have life in His name.

The Gospel of John is written for the expressed intent to allow the reader to discern the Son of God,

and the son of man. For example, Jesus meets Nathaniel.

John 1:

47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, Behold, an Israelite indeed,

in whom there is no deceit!

48 Nathanael asked Him, How do You know me? Jesus answered and said to him,

before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.

49 Nathanael answered and said to Him, Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!

So moved by this personal knowledge of himself, Nathaniel makes the true confession of faith,

‘you are the Son of God’.

When the Lord responded however, He deflected the attention to the son of man. 

50 Jesus answered and said to him, Because I said to you, ‘I saw you under the fig tree,’

do you believe? You will see greater things than these.

51 And He said to him, Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open,

and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the son of man.

To see the heart of a man so clearly to discern no deceit is the power of the Son of God.

Ministering angels are for the son of man.

Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister

for those who will inherit salvation?

The voice of the Son of God resurrects the dead, not the son of man.

You cannot divide Christ in two!  That was the heresy called "two sons" that was condemned long, long ago.  Christ is one Person, fully God and fully man from the moment of His conception on Earth and into Heaven.  When Christ spoke, it was as Son of God and Son of man with no division.

1 hour ago, Roymond said:

You cannot divide Christ in two!  That was the heresy called "two sons" that was condemned long, long ago.  Christ is one Person, fully God and fully man from the moment of His conception on Earth and into Heaven.  When Christ spoke, it was as Son of God and Son of man with no division.

Whose obedience was perfected on the cross,

the Son of God, or the Seed of Abraham?

Hebrews 5:

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  782
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Whose obedience was perfected on the cross,

the Son of God, or the Seed of Abraham?

That's the same heresy.  The one person of the enfleshed Word was perfected on the Cross.

You can't chop Christ into pieces.