IGNORED

Who managed to quit smoking? or is trying to quit?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

Hi @debrakay Great if you are indeed still totally quit! (For some ppl Christmas can of course be a stressful time...)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

@missmuffet offered a valid comparison about nicotine addiction: every year, fewer than one in ten adults successfully quit smoking in the United States. @Willa points to a time before the tobacco companies discovered methods to increase nicotine absorption in the body using a variety of different chemical compounds. Examples of chemical additives to tobacco by the tobacco companies:

Bronchodilators increase the absorption of nicotine from tobacco smoke in the lungs;
Ammonia enhances the delivery of nicotine to the brain.

The tobacco plant was bioengineered to contain 200% more nicotine than older heirloom tobacco crops. 

Guest CHC

Just on day 2 of no smoking. Have quit several times over the years. When I smoke I do it quickly, hardly finish a cigarette (roll ups being the latest ones) and seldom enjoy it. I go back when very depressed. It feels like I want to hurt myself which is something I do often. I know it is a sin. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, CHC said:

Just on day 2 of no smoking. Have quit several times over the years. When I smoke I do it quickly, hardly finish a cigarette (roll ups being the latest ones) and seldom enjoy it. I go back when very depressed. It feels like I want to hurt myself which is something I do often. I know it is a sin. 

Hi CHC - Your post got to me.  I have been an off and on again smoker for 50 years.  I was never an abuser.  I once quit for 19 years and then circumstance arose and I felt the need to have one or two a day.  Once a year my doctor would laugh at me when I told him I smoked one cigarette a day since I did not want to eat a candy bar daily.  I can tell you as a firm Christ follower that the devil would beat me up on a regular basis telling me what I terrible sinner I was.  But Holy Spirit would then remind me that I am forgiven and loved, and condemnation comes from the evil one to make us feel unworthy and low.  The condemnation comes to take us away from Jesus and his unconditional love.  It's strange how people will condemn a smoker and not think a thing about the glutton.  It's strange how others will discuss the sin of the smoker yet say nothing about the gossiper and liar.  God knows your heart and if your heart is right with him, you are not condemned by sin, you are forgiven!  I would encourage you to continue to seek him, continue to try to do and be your best and not let the evil one of the world place his condemnations on you.  Each of us will continue to be a work in progress while we are here on earth.  Perfection comes when we are finished with this journey.  I will be holding you in my prayers as you do your best for the Lord. :emot-heartbeat:    

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

Guest CHC
14 minutes ago, debrakay said:

Hi CHC - Your post got to me.  I have been an off and on again smoker for 50 years.  I was never an abuser.  I once quit for 19 years and then circumstance arose and I felt the need to have one or two a day.  Once a year my doctor would laugh at me when I told him I smoked one cigarette a day since I did not want to eat a candy bar daily.  I can tell you as a firm Christ follower that the devil would beat me up on a regular basis telling me what I terrible sinner I was.  But Holy Spirit would then remind me that I am forgiven and loved, and condemnation comes from the evil one to make us feel unworthy and low.  The condemnation comes to take us away from Jesus and his unconditional love.  It's strange how people will condemn a smoker and not think a thing about the glutton.  It's strange how others will discuss the sin of the smoker yet say nothing about the gossiper and liar.  God knows your heart and if your heart is right with him, you are not condemned by sin, you are forgiven!  I would encourage you to continue to seek him, continue to try to do and be your best and not let the evil one of the world place his condemnations on you.  Each of us will continue to be a work in progress while we are here on earth.  Perfection comes when we are finished with this journey.  I will be holding you in my prayers as you do your best for the Lord. :emot-heartbeat:    

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I've been struggling a lot in my walk lately so it's very much welcome encouragement. 

19 hours ago, debrakay said:

I have been an off and on again smoker for 50 years.  I was never an abuser.  ...It's strange how people will condemn a smoker .... It's strange how others will discuss the sin of the smoker yet say nothing about the gossiper and liar.  God knows your heart

@debrakay Whether you have an occasional inhale or not pales in comparison with those other things you mention..............

It's not for others to guilt-manipulate you for the fact that you happen to be a veteran smoking woman. 'never an abuser'; sounds like you used it rather than abused it.

19 hours ago, CHC said:

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I've been struggling a lot in my walk lately so it's very much welcome encouragement. 

@debrakay You see, your sensible, balanced approach and exhortation has been of encouragement to someone.

20 hours ago, CHC said:

Hi @CHC Good to focus on prayer and the Scriptures rather than on whether you quit smoking or not. (If you can quit, great.)

Hi @Alexis8763 FYI...........another thread started..............

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for showing me this thread! So when I started doing deliverance, I found out that there are demons that cause addictions. Thank God that I’ve always hated the smell of cigarettes and never done drugs, but I do deliverance for other things.  Noah Hines is a deliverance minister. Can I share a link with you? [See YouTube: Deliverance Prayer | Drug Use Pharmakeia Nicotine]
 I promise that you will notice thoughts go away, etc. I wish I had started deliverance years ago.