• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

has anyone ever listen to him? to me he seems very smart and makes some very good points about various topics

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

has anyone ever listen to him? to me he seems very smart and makes some very good points about various topics

ghostdog,

All of his writings and youtubes and interviews are targeted at men, mostly young men.

He does have a Ph.D. so he does seem smart and he does have a few good points about things.  He is a Canadian conservative and as I am not a Canadian, I really don't know that means.

Someone, last summer, recommended him to me.  They told me to listen to him on YouTube and to read his writings.  I did and I cannot recommend him to others - at least not for women.

Although he has a few good things to say to young men, he wraps it up in many horrible things to say about women.  And it is painful for me to listen to him.  Painful.

He is a men's rights activist and just like women's rights activists, if you have to bash the other gender in order to uplift your gender....

....you are doing it wrong.  He says a lot of strange things and wraps them up in psychological jargon and people think that he is the "man of the hour".

I just can't commend him.  But then, I am female.

Edited by Jayne

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

ghostdog,

All of his writings and youtubes and interviews are targeted at men, mostly young men.

He does have a Ph.D. so he does seem smart and he does have a few good points about things.  He is a Canadian conservative and as I am not a Canadian, I really don't know that means.

Someone, last summer, recommended him to me.  They told me to listen to him on YouTube and to read his writings.  I did and I cannot recommend him to others - at least not for women.

Although he has a few good things to say to young men, he wraps it up in many horrible things to say about women.  And it is painful for me to listen to him.  Painful.

He is a men's rights activist and just like women's rights activists, if you have to bash the other gender in order to uplift your gender....

....you are doing it wrong.  He says a lot of strange things and wraps them up in psychological jargon and people think that he is the "man of the hour".

I just can't commend him.  But then, I am female.

I don't think I've heard of him.................

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

Dr. Pederson shot to fame through the trans-gender issues. He was vocal in his rejection of multi-gender identities and refused to call people by preferred pronouns. This spoke to a lot of people at the time and he quickly became a very prominent part of this area. He disappeared from the stage for a couple of years as I believe he was dealing with some fairly serious mental health issues, but is once again out there doing podcasts for Daily Wire.

As Jayne mentioned, he is Canadian and he is conservative. We have a wide range of conservatives as in the US. I don't think he's particularly "far-right" as far as social conservatism. He used to identify as Christian, but has since walked away from that, although I don't get a sense that he harbours resentment toward Christianity, rather the opposite.

He talks on a lot of issues and I feel he can get a little bit far out of areas of his expertise at times, but that depends on the topic.

I had not really thought about the speaking rather specifically toward (young) men as @Jayne had also mentioned, but I would agree that is probably true - probably because I'm a guy and did not notice that.

Edited by teddyv
grammar