IGNORED

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Guest sallystrothers

Guest sallystrothers
I have been exposed to evil quite a bit over the last 5 years. It was prophesized over my family,

Say what?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

at my father's funeral someone very dear to me said "beware, be alert, clothe in humility and put on God's armor. For the coming time is short that God has granted as a grace period, and that satan will have his way with us <my family> soon after"

The prophecy was also much longer and filled with glorious visions. I carried a hand written copy of it in my wallet for several years but it has since been lost.

I had almost forgotten about the darkness which was eventually going to fall upon my family until it began to happen. In that one year I was the closest to God I have ever felt and also the furthest from Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

I wonder how many people who refuse to watch this movie, own a TV?

Guest sallystrothers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't own a TV, but I saw it anyway

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't own a TV, but I saw it anyway

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:emot-handshake:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/07/1988

If you are offended by people acting, you need help. I DO have a problem with some reality television though (because they show real events that are sinful at times and meant to amuse people).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

One of the interesting quotes at the end was "Once you have seen darkness, you will carry it for the rest of your life".

I have found this to be quite true in my own life.

Sally, right on. If there is one message I try to get across to my children, this is it. Garbage in, garbage out. This is SO true. I spent many, many years reading Stephen King. I fed my mind that garbage and am so sorry today that I did. More sorry than I can tell you.

As for the movie, I avoid anything of the occult. Saw the previews and knew it was nothing I wanted to see. JMO though. :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So everyone who thought the movie pimped the devil; "Oh snap!  I was wrong!".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I was going to thank you for clarifying this point, but now. . . . :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I had a cute smiley I was going to post and I can't get it to work. Ugh.

Pretend it was cute.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

at my father's funeral someone very dear to me said "beware, be alert, clothe  in humility and put on God's armor. For the coming time is short that God has granted as a grace period, and that satan will have his way with us <my family> soon after"

The prophecy was also much longer and filled with glorious visions. I carried a hand written copy of it in my wallet for several years but it has since been lost.

I had almost forgotten about the darkness which was eventually going to fall upon my family until it began to happen. In that one year I was the closest to God I have ever felt and also the furthest from Him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok - that makes a little more sense now. ;)

If this means anything - I have a sensitivity to the spirtual realm that the others in my family don't - even though we are all Christians. I've been tormented by demons since I was very young and was in continual fear because of it. I've been delivered from that - thank the Lord! But because of what I went through, I can't watch horror films - I lived through enough of that kind of fear, why expose myself to more, even if "fantasy"?

Now for some people, like my brother, this stuff rolls off their backs like water poured over a duck, and they might even enjoy the adrenaline rush or laugh at how stupid they can be (i.e. "Gee, everytime someone is alone they get killed. So, let's all split up and find out what's going on!" :emot-handshake: ).

Bottom line is we all have our strengths, weaknesses and sensitivities. Being "in the world, not of the world," doesn't mean becomming a spiritual hermit. Yet we need to guard our hearts and our eyes (you know, "The eye is the lamp of the body. . . .").

Considering what you are facing, Sally, I would recommending haivng a more strict guard than others can get away with - like I have to do. You don't need those things.

I hope, though, that you are immersing yourself more into the Word. And should you ever feel fear as if it is a presence, singing songs of praise and worship are an awesome weapon against this!

Blessings!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

I've always thought that when a Christian looks for entertainment the words of Paul would be a good guide.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.