• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Sower said:

So my question comes back to, why is tongues, why is it a requirement, especially if I have not been given this gift, the least of the gifts, and just about every believer I know.

Because Mark 16 - signs shall follow - is not the same as 1Corinthians 12 - gifts of the Spirit distributed in the body of Christ

different words 

Read Acts  which clearly specifies the growth of the Christian church and the conversion of people to disciples of Christ Jesus - born from above by water baptism and Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the sign [evidence] of speaking in a new tongue.

As for quoting Paul in respect to his question "do all speak in tongues?" (1Cor 12:30) that is in the chapter explaining the distribution of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit that actively work in the Spirit-filled ekklesia.

Mark 16 these signs shall ... G4592 sēmeion
1) a sign, mark, token
1a) that by which a person or a thing is distinguished from others and is known

1Cor 12 gift(s) of ... G5486  charisma
1) a favour with which one receives without any merit of his own
2) the gift of divine grace
3) the gift of faith, knowledge, holiness, virtue

As you can read these two words 'signs' and 'gifts' are different from each other.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,588
  • Content Per Day:  2.25
  • Days Won:  9

6 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Given that the original gospel is Pentecostal - stands to reason YES.

Does not line up with the word of God. The gospel is Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day. We are saved if we hold fast to this. Not moved away from the truth that Jesus is our righteousness. The lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. If you believe in that you have to have those signs to be saved why not go to the hospitals and lay hands on all the sick because it says they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover. I would if I could right away. Shows that those signs were for the Apostles. 

14 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I would if I could right away. Shows that those signs were for the Apostles. 

The gospel of salvation is about Christ crucified and his resurrection - his atonement for believers and disciples

BUT those who believed in Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour were commanded to be born from above by water and Spirit. Not by any other means. 

John 3:5  Jesus answered, Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

There was one way - and Acts and the epistles to the Pentecostal elect of the NT teach that there was one way - one gospel - one baptism - one faith.

Remember in the NT there are no alternatives - no Roman Catholics; no Orthodox; no Lutherans and Protestants; no prosperity gospel; just Pentecostal doctrine.

As for the nonsense claim that these signs were for the apostles is to deny Acts and the epistles to the Spirit-filled Pentecostal saints who all enjoyed these signs and the miraculous work of the Holy Spirit - just like Pentecostal disciples do so today.

Edited by Waggles

2 hours ago, Waggles said:

The gospel of salvation is about Christ crucified and his resurrection - his atonement for believers and disciples

BUT those who believed in Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour were commanded to be born from above by water and Spirit. Not by any other means. 

John 3:5  Jesus answered, Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

There was one way - and Acts and the epistles to the Pentecostal elect of the NT teach that there was one way - one gospel - one baptism - one faith.

Remember in the NT there are no alternatives - no Roman Catholics; no Orthodox; no Lutherans and Protestants; no prosperity gospel; just Pentecostal doctrine.

As for the nonsense claim that these signs were for the apostles is to deny Acts and the epistles to the Spirit-filled Pentecostal saints who all enjoyed these signs and the miraculous work of the Holy Spirit - just like Pentecostal disciples do so today.

You lay hands on the sick and they recover completely no matter the sickness. Like Peter did ? Unless you do your claims are big error. You seem to deny the faith of others. Answer my question can you lay hands and the sick recover like the signs mention ?

2 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Answer my question can you lay hands and the sick recover like the signs mention ?

Sure have done many times

and have received the same many times

gift of faith, gift of healings, gift of working miracles

all alive and well in Pentecostal churches.

Read hundreds of first hand accounts of how the power of God is changing lives all over the world. 

https://www.therevivalfellowship.com/realexperiences

Just now, Waggles said:

Sure have done many times

and have received the same many times

gift of faith, gift of healings, gift of working miracles

all alive and well in Pentecostal churches.

You can lay hands on a cancer patient that's about to die and they will recover ? And if you can why are you not helping by going to hospitals and asking to lay your hands on people ? I doubt you. I don't doubt God at all. But I don't believe you at all. 

• This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Read hundreds of first hand accounts of how the power of God is changing lives all over the world. 

https://www.therevivalfellowship.com/realexperiences

I believe in miracles and And such. But believe your being 

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Have you all read the Bible? 

I don't recall anywhere where it says you have to speak in tongues and heal people to be saved. Anywhere. 

What does it say? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. 

It says confess your sins and you will be saved.

It says repent and be baptized.

Confession, repentance and baptism are all scripturally linked to salvation. But ultimately none of them save you, what saves you is faith through grace.

All sides of this conversation need to take a lesson from scripture. Those pushing the false doctrine of tongues saving you, your wrong because your view isn't in scripture.

Those arguing with them...why. you've already refuted them. What did Jesus do when presented by false teachings? He refuted them and moved on. 

As such, I'm out. Merry Christmas to you all, He is the reason for the season, and for everything we do.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/23/2022 at 9:52 AM, AdHoc said:

Your postings are read and noted.

Take care on your journey.

Seriously?  LOL!