• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

47 minutes ago, Keras said:

Yes.  I only differ in the small point of immediately being present with the Lord at death. Basically, this belief is correct, as the next conscious moment for a dead person; is when they stand before God in Judgment. As Hebrews 9:27 and Revelation 20:11-15 say. 

Regarding my promotion of Apocryphal Writings, Ezra has a very interesting and pertinent message for us today.  He is, in my opinion; far more accurate in his Prophecies than anyone else, since the first Century.  People read books by C.S.Lewis, D. Carson, and hundreds of others, why reject and ignore the Apocrypha? 

They( people)read alot of stuff including smut magazines,personal ads & books about witchcraft too- what does what people read have to do with Understanding what is & is not the Written Word of God as in " the 66 Books of the Bible"?

My point is not to tell people what they can & cannot read but to know the difference.You can like,read & believe whatever you choose to but as a Mature Born Again Believers & WCF member I MUST do whatever I can do to make sure every reader understands and knows that what you are referencing is not Scripture,period👍

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

They( people)read alot of stuff including smut magazines,personal ads & books about witchcraft too- what does what people read have to do with Understanding what is & is not the Written Word of God as in " the 66 Books of the Bible"?

My point is not to tell people what they can & cannot read but to know the difference.You can like,read & believe whatever you choose to but as a Mature Born Again Believers & WCF member I MUST do whatever I can do to make sure every reader understands and knows that what you are referencing is not Scripture,period👍

Oh & Keras..... I want you to understand something,I'm not against reading these things- I have spent years reading & studying non canonical writings myself,I love the historical books like Josephus as well & many others...... I only hope to enlighten those impressionable minds that do not know which is which ....

And it's your prerogative not to answer my direct question regarding the WCF SoF,so I suppose not answering has in fact answered my query

Personally I prefer dialogue,so thanks for your replies,post after post of monologue belongs in a blog imo......it's for folks who have their minds made up on their own pre- conceived ideologies..... Just my 2 cents

In His Love, Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

On 1/16/2023 at 3:10 AM, kwikphilly said:

And it's your prerogative not to answer my direct question regarding the WCF SoF,so I suppose not answering has in fact answered my query

I do agree with the Worthy Statement of Faith.

What I have posted does seem to be monologue, but I welcome comments. 

A final word from Esra:

2 Esdras 7:70 When the Most high was making the world and all that is in it, He made Adam and Eve, but first of all, He planned the judgement and what goes with it.

2 Esdras 6:18-20 A Voice from heaven spoke; The time draws near when I shall come to judge the earth’s inhabitants, the time when I shall enquire into the wickedness of wrongdoers, the time when Zion’s humiliation will be over, the time when a seal will be set on the age about to pass away. Then, I shall perform these signs: the books will be opened out against the vault of heaven and all will see My judgement at the same moment.

2 Esdras 6:25-28 Whoever is left after all that I have foretold, will be saved and see the salvation that I bring, with the culmination of My plans for this world. Then will the earth’s inhabitants have a change of heart and wickedness will be blotted out. Faithfulness will flourish and truth, so long unfruitful, will be revealed.

2 Esdras 2:10-14 These are the words of the Lord to Ezra; Tell My people that I shall give to them the Kingdom of Jerusalem, which I once offered to Israel. I shall also withdraw the splendour of My presence from Israel and the home that was to be theirs forever, I shall give to My [faithful Christian] people. The Tree of Life will spread it’s fragrance over them, they will neither toil nor grow weary. Ask and you will receive; pray to shorten your time of waiting. Even now, the Kingdom is ready for you, be vigilant! All witness – I have cancelled evil and only good prevails; for I am the Living One, says the Lord.

2 Esdras 7:55-61 The Lord says; Those who have kept My commandments, will shine bright as the stars, but not those who, in a lifetime of iniquity, never give a thought to the sufferings in store after death. This is the thought for every person on earth to keep in mind during the battle of life – if you are defeated, you must accept the penalty and if you are victorious, great will be the rewards.                                      Moses said to the people; “Choose life and live”. But they believed neither him or the prophets after him. There will be no sorrow over their damnation, but there will be joy for the salvation of those who have believed.

2 Esdras 2:24-29 Be calm, My people, your time of rest will come. Teach your children the right paths. Do not be anxious when the time of trouble and hardship comes, others will lament and be sad, but you will have happiness and plenty. My power will protect and save you.

2 Esdras 8:38-39 I shall not give thought to the death, judgement and damnation of sinners, but I shall have joy in the just, their pilgrimage through this world, their salvation and their final reward.

2 Esdras 2:42-48 I, Ezra, saw on Mount Zion a throng too vast to count, all singing hymns of praise to the Lord. In the middle stood a young man. He was taller than the others and He was setting crowns onto the heads of the others. I asked the angel; My lord, who are these and who is the young man? They are the people who acknowledged the Man, who is the Son of God and stood valiantly for Him in their mortal life. Go, tell My people of the great and wonderful acts of the Lord God that you have seen.     Ref: REB Apocrypha. Some verses abridged.                                                                      

11 minutes ago, Keras said:

I do agree with the Worthy Statement of Faith.

What I have posted does seem to be monologue, but I welcome comments. 

A final word from Esra:

2 Esdras 7:70 When the Most high was making the world and all that is in it, He made Adam and Eve, but first of all, He planned the judgement and what goes with it.

2 Esdras 6:18-20 A Voice from heaven spoke; The time draws near when I shall come to judge the earth’s inhabitants, the time when I shall enquire into the wickedness of wrongdoers, the time when Zion’s humiliation will be over, the time when a seal will be set on the age about to pass away. Then, I shall perform these signs: the books will be opened out against the vault of heaven and all will see My judgement at the same moment.

2 Esdras 6:25-28 Whoever is left after all that I have foretold, will be saved and see the salvation that I bring, with the culmination of My plans for this world. Then will the earth’s inhabitants have a change of heart and wickedness will be blotted out. Faithfulness will flourish and truth, so long unfruitful, will be revealed.

2 Esdras 2:10-14 These are the words of the Lord to Ezra; Tell My people that I shall give to them the Kingdom of Jerusalem, which I once offered to Israel. I shall also withdraw the splendour of My presence from Israel and the home that was to be theirs forever, I shall give to My [faithful Christian] people. The Tree of Life will spread it’s fragrance over them, they will neither toil nor grow weary. Ask and you will receive; pray to shorten your time of waiting. Even now, the Kingdom is ready for you, be vigilant! All witness – I have cancelled evil and only good prevails; for I am the Living One, says the Lord.

2 Esdras 7:55-61 The Lord says; Those who have kept My commandments, will shine bright as the stars, but not those who, in a lifetime of iniquity, never give a thought to the sufferings in store after death. This is the thought for every person on earth to keep in mind during the battle of life – if you are defeated, you must accept the penalty and if you are victorious, great will be the rewards.                                      Moses said to the people; “Choose life and live”. But they believed neither him or the prophets after him. There will be no sorrow over their damnation, but there will be joy for the salvation of those who have believed.

2 Esdras 2:24-29 Be calm, My people, your time of rest will come. Teach your children the right paths. Do not be anxious when the time of trouble and hardship comes, others will lament and be sad, but you will have happiness and plenty. My power will protect and save you.

2 Esdras 8:38-39 I shall not give thought to the death, judgement and damnation of sinners, but I shall have joy in the just, their pilgrimage through this world, their salvation and their final reward.

2 Esdras 2:42-48 I, Ezra, saw on Mount Zion a throng too vast to count, all singing hymns of praise to the Lord. In the middle stood a young man. He was taller than the others and He was setting crowns onto the heads of the others. I asked the angel; My lord, who are these and who is the young man? They are the people who acknowledged the Man, who is the Son of God and stood valiantly for Him in their mortal life. Go, tell My people of the great and wonderful acts of the Lord God that you have seen.     Ref: REB Apocrypha. Some verses abridged.                                                                      

Lol,that was sweet- thanks for answering the question👍

So you do understand where I'm coming from then? Knowing what one is reading is most important.    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,507
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/14/2023 at 3:32 PM, kwikphilly said:

@kwikphilly I have heard the joke that when someone says something that is most definitely not Scriptural it is said to be from the Book of George......

4 minutes ago, farouk said:

@kwikphilly I have heard the joke that when someone says something that is most definitely not Scriptural it is said to be from the Book of George......

Surely I don't think that's amusing,unless they mean George Harrison,Curious George,George Lopez or some George other than our Steward?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,507
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

Surely I don't think that's amusing,unless they mean George Harrison,Curious George,George Lopez or some George other than our Steward?

Oh this was someone from years ago...