Not of the World

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.84
  • Days Won:  1

Do we immediately meet Jesus?  Do we have a life review?  

And what about friends, family members, and animal companions?  Will they all be there to greet us at once or might it be one-on-one???

And then, what do we do after that?  :noidea:

Edited by Not of the World

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, Not of the World said:

And what about friends, family members, and animal companions?  Will they all be there to greet us at once or might it be one-on-one???

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EW_OfKOWAAACf5z.jpg:large

Know one can know the details of what happens. We know we will be in the physical presence of Jesus and the Angels. We will be in paradise which is a garden of sorts. Trees and green and lakes. I am sure we get to go into the city too. When the resurrection takes place we will have our new bodies. We will go with the Lord to the earth to rule. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.84
  • Days Won:  1

I hope that I have a nice place with a swimmable lake and lots of space for my 100+ dogs that I plan to have!  :cool:

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

I hope that I have a nice place with a swimmable lake and lots of space for my 100+ dogs that I plan to have!  :cool:

If that's what you want. You will be busy serving the Lord. But the bible says we will have our hearts desires. So that can happen. I want to play the trumpet again in the kingdom.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

Being occupied with the worthiness of the Lamb that was slain is a glorious prospect:

"...Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing." (Revelation 5.12)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

No one knows, but we all have our opinions and hopes.  The bible actually says we don't know and can't know -  1 Corinthians 2:9

A relative thinks we will be in a robe in a choir eternally just praising the Lord, and we may recognize family members but can't love them like we did before.  Just always and eternally singing praises in that choir and doing nothing else.  No mingling, nothing.  Gosh, that sounds awful!  But not as bad as the alternative.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, NotMyRealName said:

No one knows, but we all have our opinions and hopes.  The bible actually says we don't know and can't know -  1 Corinthians 2:9

A relative thinks we will be in a robe in a choir eternally just praising the Lord, and we may recognize family members but can't love them like we did before.  Just always and eternally singing praises in that choir and doing nothing else.  No mingling, nothing.  Gosh, that sounds awful!  But not as bad as the alternative.

That cannot be true lol 😂 God who created all life has good things for us. Jesus said we will sit in the kingdom with him and rule. Even God would be tired of just praises and nothing else. We praise God because we love him. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/18/2022 at 11:02 PM, Not of the World said:

I once did  murals depicting the end of the trail for this flesh.  Two ends actually. I had a narrow gated entry with trumpeters including a seal on a stool complete with a banner attached to his horn. I had a golden avenue, and a grand housing development with a golf course and a 19th hole. And there I was pictured on the 11th green, -still had my nasty lefty slice.

I also had another darkened trail, with enticing bright night lights of a carnival midway beckoning, and barkers enticing many to enter their tents of many debaucheries.

That was now long ago. It was used as stage background for a kids play oddly enough. Can hardly imagine that now. The Sunday school teachers loved it though. Loved it enough to save it all afterward.

Gads, wonder what became of those kids from so long ago. Wonder if any are alive today  and remember, and mention having been in a nutty church play as a kid where there were these two murals, one....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

I person will not know until they get there. I have seen all kind of speculation but that is all it is.