• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings,

There are several threads discussing the MOB and avoiding it. But what about the seal of God? What is it and how can we make sure we obtain it?

I think that everyone living in the last days will either receive the MOB or the Seal of God. So isn't it important that we know what the Seal of God is? We know from Rev. that there are only two groups of people on earth when Christ returns. Those with the Seal of God and those who follow the beast.

<Rev. 7:3>

"saying, 'Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads."

Is the forehead the only place to receive the Seal of God? How can we be sure to have this seal? Should we be more concerned about the Seal of God or the MOB?

Any ideas?

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

mark of the beast=MOB

Great question caroline

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Greetings,

There are several threads discussing the MOB and avoiding it.  But  what about the seal of God?  What is it and how can we make sure we obtain it?

I think that everyone living in the last days will either receive the MOB or the Seal of God.  So isn't it important that we know what the Seal of God is?  We know from Rev. that there are only two groups of people on earth when Christ returns.  Those with the Seal of God and those who follow the beast.

<Rev. 7:3>

"saying, 'Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads."

Is the forehead the only place to receive the Seal of God?  How can we be sure to have this seal?  Should we be more concerned about the Seal of God or the MOB?

Any ideas?

In Christ,

CarolineS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The seal of God is given to those who by faith in Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires and who cry and sigh over all of the abominations that are done within the ranks of Christianity which is Christ's Jerusalem of today.

Ezekiel 9

1 Then He called out in my hearing with a loud voice, saying, "Let those who have charge over the city draw near, each with a deadly weapon in his hand."

2 And suddenly six men came from the direction of the upper gate, which faces north, each with his battle-ax in his hand. One man among them was clothed with linen and had a writer's inkhorn at his side. They went in and stood beside the bronze altar.

3 Now the glory of the God of Israel had gone up from the cherub, where it had been, to the threshold of the temple. And He called to the man clothed with linen, who had the writer's inkhorn at his side;

4 and the Lord said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it."

5 To the others He said in my hearing, "Go after him through the city and kill; do not let your eye spare, nor have any pity.

6 Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were before the temple.

7 Then He said to them, "Defile the temple, and fill the courts with the slain. Go out!" And they went out and killed in the city.

8 So it was, that while they were killing them, I was left alone; and I fell on my face and cried out, and said, "Ah, Lord God! Will You destroy all the remnant of Israel in pouring out Your fury on Jerusalem?"

9 Then He said to me, "The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great, and the land is full of bloodshed, and the city full of perversity; for they say, 'The Lord has forsaken the land, and the Lord does not see!'

10 And as for Me also, My eye will neither spare, nor will I have pity, but I will recompense their deeds on their own head."

11 Just then, the man clothed with linen, who had the inkhorn at his side, reported back and said, "I have done as You commanded me."

The mark that signifies that one is crying and sighing over all the abominations are explained by these scriptures.

Isa 3

24 And so it shall be: Instead of a sweet smell there will be a stench; Instead of a sash, a rope; Instead of well-set hair, baldness; Instead of a rich robe, a girding of sackcloth; And branding instead of beauty.

Isa 22

12 And in that day the Lord God of hosts Called for weeping and for mourning, For baldness and for girding with sackcloth.

Eze 7

18 They will also be girded with sackcloth; Horror will cover them; Shame will be on every face, Baldness on all their heads.

Am 8

10 I will turn your feasts into mourning, And all your songs into lamentation; I will bring sackcloth on every waist, And baldness on every head; I will make it like mourning for an only son, And its end like a bitter day.

Denise

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Just another opinion for the mix, speaking as someone who doesn't believe in a literal "mark" - the seal is not anything physical but a spiritual truth - if you're saved, you're sealed. It is basically John's way of saying to the believers "don't be afraid - the world may be full of evil but God's made a promise to you that's signed, sealed and delivered."

Hope that helps,

Fenwar

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  151
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

Caroline,

These sealed are those who come out of the tribulation. Whether or not it is a concern for you depends on whether you believe in a pre or post trib rapture. I believe in a pre-tribulation rapture as there is more evidence to support it, IMO.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Caloline, Denise,

The scripture tells us that it is the Holy Spirit who seals us. The question then is what is it that He seals in us. To understand this we have to know what the 'New Covenant' is and what it does. Let us look to the Scriptures for the answer. Both Old and New Testament agree:

Heb 8:10

For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put MY LAWS into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

31:32 Not according to the covenant (Old Covenant) that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put MY LAW in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more

Edited by Pilgrim7

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  151
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

I don't know why anyone would want to be in the tribulation. From all the information we have, its not going to be a even remotely tolerant place for followers of God. Add to that, the Anti-Christ will be given power to deceive people into believing he is God, you can only imagine the losses among those left behind. But if we reflect, we can remember that God foretold us and gave us this chance to get as many of His sheep to come to Him as possible.

So stop slacking!

Slackers... :lightbulb2:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Mark, show me please where in the Tenach the "cross" was a seal on the people of YHVH?

The "cross" was Tammuz's symbol was it not? He was considered to be the "cross god"

Here is quote from Lew Whites book "Fossilized Customs" Very enlightning!

Many teach that the paleo-hebrew letter Tau (X) was the mark placed on the servants spared at Ezekiel 9:4. Well, the Roman Catholics place an "ash crux" on their congregations foreheads every Ash Wed. If you reflect on the fact that the "Mark" placed in the foreheads of the elect that protects them from harm at Rev 7:3 is also called a "seal", the smoke and mirrors begin to clear up.

There are 144,000 "Sealed". A seal is usually a Name, as seals in wax served as security checks. Again, at Rev 14, this "seal" is IDENTIFIED as the "Name of the Father" in their forheads. And the 144,000 are mentioned again. How likely is it that YHVH would use a TAU (X) in one instance, and His name in another?

Since the emblem of the crux has always been and continues to be a symbol to which the people of the earth bow down to, it is more likely that it, in what ever form it comes in, is the "image of the beast". Considering its source, this is the only symbol that makes sense, being a "blind spot" of sorts for everyone.

The cross was used thruout all times and places by pagans and it was thrust upon the masses very early in Christianitys development. Alexander Hislop recorded more on this in his book "the Two Babylons".

The fire worshippers raised a cross of candles in their temples. The Ku Klux Klan also uses a fire cross and when indoors they use a cross of candles.

The "emblem" of our Rabbi Yeshua , the Light of the World, is a Lampstand called the MENORAH.

Pagan priests wore crosses as talismans. Maybe Dracula is only afraid of it in the movies because it reminds him of the sun (as in sun-worship). It is also used (the cross) today in Black Masses. (end of quote)

Even Ozzy Osborne wears the cross symbol around his neck. What does this tell you?

Rev 14:1

Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion and with Him, 144,000, having HIS FATHERS NAME WRITTEN ON THEIR FOREHEADS.

Rev 7:3

saying, Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we HAVE SEALED (Put the Name of God)THE SERVANTS OF OUR GOD ON THEIR FOREHEADS.

YHVH has a "seal" to place on the foreheads of His own.

Satan has a "mark" to place on his own.

They are 2 different things.

• Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

We are sealed by the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30 "And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby you are sealed to the day of redemption."

• Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Caloline, Denise,

The scripture tells us that it is the Holy Spirit who seals us. The question then is what is it that He seals in us. To understand this we have to know what the 'New Covenant' is and what it does. Let us look to the Scriptures for the answer. Both Old and New Testament agree:

Heb 8:10

For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put MY LAWS into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

31:32 Not according to the covenant (Old Covenant) that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put MY LAW in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more