IGNORED

Show me the most impressive things that biblical archeaology has uncovered.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Alive said:

THe Dead Sea scrolls!

Yes!!! This is the greatest of them all. The great Isaiah scroll, nearly all of the book of Isaiah preserved perfectly despite being 200 years older than Jesus!!

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just now, RealReligionofPeace said:

Yes!!! This is the greatest of them all. The great Isaiah scroll, nearly all of the book of Isaiah preserved perfectly despite being 200 years older than Jesus!!

Did you ever study how the Scrolls were discovered?  And the timing of the Scrolls discovery?  I posted this the other day ... snippets from a book.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.07.31 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.07.48 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.08.06 PM.jpg

The DAY THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS WERE PURCHASED ... WAS THE DAY OF THE UN VOTE!  

The day of the event in his diary he said this, 

""My hands shook as I started to unwrap one of them. I read a few sentences. It was written in beautiful biblical Hebrew. The language was like that of the Psalms, but the text was unknown to me. I looked and looked, and I suddenly had the feeling that I was privileged by destiny to gaze upon a Hebrew Scroll which had not been read for more than 2,000 years."

As the UN Vote was taking place, he said this, 

While I was examining these precious documents in my study, the late news on the radio announced that the United Nations would be voting on the resolution that night—whether or not Israel would be allowed to become a nation—My youngest son Mati, was in the next room, twiddling radio knobs in an effort to get New York. ... From time to time, he would give me a brief commentary on what had been said. It was past midnight when the voting was announced. And I was engrossed in a particularly absorbing passage in one of the scrolls when my son rushed in with the shout that the vote on the Jewish State had passed. This great event in Jewish history was thus combined in my home in Jerusalem with another event, no less historic, the one political, and the other cultural.

Just so you know the connected history of the discovery, its' validation and what was actually happening in the news the same time!  God used an archaeological discovery to pin-point where we were in prophetic history.

• This is Worthy 1

8 minutes ago, George said:

Did you ever study how the Scrolls were discovered?  And the timing of the Scrolls discovery?  I posted this the other day ... snippets from a book.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.07.31 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.07.48 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.08.06 PM.jpg

The DAY THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS WERE PURCHASED ... WAS THE DAY OF THE UN VOTE!  

The day of the event in his diary he said this, 

""My hands shook as I started to unwrap one of them. I read a few sentences. It was written in beautiful biblical Hebrew. The language was like that of the Psalms, but the text was unknown to me. I looked and looked, and I suddenly had the feeling that I was privileged by destiny to gaze upon a Hebrew Scroll which had not been read for more than 2,000 years."

As the UN Vote was taking place, he said this, 

While I was examining these precious documents in my study, the late news on the radio announced that the United Nations would be voting on the resolution that night—whether or not Israel would be allowed to become a nation—My youngest son Mati, was in the next room, twiddling radio knobs in an effort to get New York. ... From time to time, he would give me a brief commentary on what had been said. It was past midnight when the voting was announced. And I was engrossed in a particularly absorbing passage in one of the scrolls when my son rushed in with the shout that the vote on the Jewish State had passed. This great event in Jewish history was thus combined in my home in Jerusalem with another event, no less historic, the one political, and the other cultural.

Just so you know the connected history of the discovery, its' validation and what was actually happening in the news the same time!  God used an archaeological discovery to pin-point where we were in prophetic history.

This makes it even better!

6 hours ago, teddyv said:

What is meant by Biblical archaeology? Successful digs based on the Biblical records or like what @Alive mentioned, confirmation of Biblical records through "secular" archaeological digs.

exactly!! Yes!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 1/3/2023 at 1:55 PM, RealReligionofPeace said:

I just wanna know about some amazing discoveries that prove the bible is true.

The Ark I dug up in my backyard.