• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, farouk said:

Father, Son and Holy Spirit are overwhelmingly attested by Scripture.

No one can say anything about that because that we believe that no one can have the Heavenly Father if he does not believe in the Son of God....and we also believe in the Day of Penticost....

What else do you like to say to have a discussion about it..

The OP is not about how to pray but what is the correct way to Pray...

When the disciples of Jesus asked him to teach them how to pray...they were still in the Sinai Covenant....

For a few reasons Jesus had not die yet as to open the way to the Heavenly Father..

And the disciples did not believe that Jesus had to die for the way to Heaven to be open...it seems that they did not looked torwards to that they were in the teachings of the Jews and the Pharisees at that time.

But Jesus did say our "Father" and this it cannot be a reference to the Heavenly Father...because at that time they did not have the Heavenly Father only Jesus Christ had him.

So this reference to the "Father" should be a reference to the Father and definitely not to the Father Abraham but to their Lord God the were in a Covenant with....within the meaning when he had said Israel is my only Son and that he is the Father of Israel within the Sinai Covenant....this is a very peculiar prayer....is it a prayer for the believers of Jesus Christ as a prayer within the New Covenant?  Or within the Sinai Covenant?  This only questions...and nothing else...I am also try to understand that...and why the disciples never teach the people to pray that prayer? 

They should be the ones if indeed they pray that prayer themselves to encourage others to pray that way as believers in Jesus Christ. 

What about Paul...how did he prayed as a believer in Jesus Christ....

But I pray this prayer my self and I do not say to anyone no to pray that prayer. 

Only not believers in Jesus Christ but believers in God can pray this prayer and still from God's perspective they are in their sins if they have denied faith in Jesus Christ no mater how many times they have prayed this prayer...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Content Per Day:  12.11
  • Days Won:  31

2 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

No one can say anything about that because that we believe that no one can have the Heavenly Father if he does not believe in the Son of God....and we also believe in the Day of Penticost....

What else do you like to say to have a discussion about it..

The OP is not about how to pray but what is the correct way to Pray...

When the disciples of Jesus asked him to teach them how to pray...they were still in the Sinai Covenant....

For a few reasons Jesus had not die yet as to open the way to the Heavenly Father..

And the disciples did not believe that Jesus had to die for the way to Heaven to be open...it seems that they did not looked torwards to that they were in the teachings of the Jews and the Pharisees at that time.

But Jesus did say our "Father" and this it cannot be a reference to the Heavenly Father...because at that time they did not have the Heavenly Father only Jesus Christ had him.

So this reference to the "Father" should be a reference to the Father and definitely not to the Father Abraham but to their Lord God the were in a Covenant with....within the meaning when he had said Israel is my only Son and that he is the Father of Israel within the Sinai Covenant....this is a very peculiar prayer....is it a prayer for the believers of Jesus Christ as a prayer within the New Covenant?  Or within the Sinai Covenant?  This only questions...and nothing else...I am also try to understand that...and why the disciples never teach the people to pray that prayer? 

They should be the ones if indeed they pray that prayer themselves to encourage others to pray that way as believers in Jesus Christ. 

What about Paul...how did he prayed as a believer in Jesus Christ....

But I pray this prayer my self and I do not say to anyone no to pray that prayer. 

Only not believers in Jesus Christ but believers in God can pray this prayer and still from God's perspective they are in their sins if they have denied faith in Jesus Christ no mater how many times they have prayed this prayer...

Prayer to the Father by the Spirit by Whom we cry Abba, Father (Romans 8) - through the Son and His work at the Cross - thus involves all three Persons of the Godhead.

22 minutes ago, farouk said:

Prayer to the Father by the Spirit by Whom we cry Abba, Father (Romans 8) - through the Son and His work at the Cross - thus involves all three Persons of the Godhead.

John 4:21-24 NIV  21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

14 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Abram no, Abraham yes.

Jesus who existed from before the beginning and by whom all is created that has been or will be  created Is God. One does not see the Father if they do not see the son and one does not see the son unless they see the Father, and none see at all without the deliberate act of the Holy Spirit who is God. It has always been thus and will likely be so for eternity forward.

So a question arises: from the record of the beginning do we not have the triune nature of God revealed in the creation record? Who * ( which person of the Godhead) is the manifestation of God that is recorded as  interacting with mankind from  Adam on?

While many insist it is co equal, three persons - one God, I tend to think it is not coequal in duty/authority, but co equal in deity. For Jesus has stated as recorded that he does his Fathers will not his. The Holy Spirit  brings awareness of God the Father and God the son to an unenlightened  and unsaved world,  calling many that have been foreknown and predestined to God, to repent of their sin against God toward worship of him.

Not three Gods, no one God without the other two persons of the Godhead at any time  past, present, or future. Best described as one God three persons of the Godhead.

Least that is the description I can comprehend. Also, I do not see that God has given an exam that includes writing an essay describing the Godhead. He instead has made salvation a pretty simple prospect for us to obtain, for we are weak. Weary and full of shame. Shame that God has taken upon himself so that he may see and abide us as clean, washed white as snow.

Praise God his mercy from everlasting to everlasting.

* Ha! I don't know how the strike through letters appeared! But I'm not going to retype it all.

Can you elaborate a little bit of the Abram and Abraham situation...please with your own words and use simple words when possible....

On 1/24/2023 at 9:24 AM, Vine Abider said:

We were created in His image and likeness. Christ is the expressed image of God. (Heb 1:3 & Col 1:15-20) We are called to be conformed to the image of the Son. (Rom 8:29) God wants to be expressed and has done so in the Son (The Word).  Now we are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory. (2 Cor 3:18)  God's expression is God's glory. We are called into His glory to express Him.

There is a lot in your post...it is found in scripture that I have understood as scriptures come to mind as the one that say " the Father is glorified in the Son" and another one that says that the Son seeks to be glorified in us...

We are his workmanship in Christ Jesus.    

The change in us is happening because he is at work with in us....change upon change or as you said from glory to glory...

Thank you for the post. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Can you elaborate a little bit of the Abram and Abraham situation...please with your own words and use simple words when possible....

I can try, though I have forgotten the fuller context of the post.

Abram was turned about by God (at age of 95  I think) from the worship of  "other gods" Moon goddess for one as I recall now. They were gods his lineage and peoples worshipped ( Joshua 24)

God personally pulled Abram away from all that he had  including his gods (Genesis 12) and gave him a new life, including a new name Abraham while establishing a new covenant making Abraham, formerly Abram, the father of many nations (Genesis 17).

The grand news is God still pulls many away, turns them about to Him; and even gives new names to all  he calls through the office of the Holy Spirit via the reconciler   Jesus (Isaiah 65 and Revelation 2). All one God yet three persons. Commonly called Triune God or the Trinity.

Praise God,  his mercy from everlasting to everlasting  is available to all  that will hear and heed the specific call from God through the Holy Spirit to them individually, even to this very day!

Jesus who is God the son,  with his sacrifice at the cross, his shed blood upon the ground, has conquered the final enemy death. He lives. He is the first of many the first fruits of  a great harvest of saints that will be with God for eternity to come!. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

EVER  LEARNING  AND  NEVER  ABLE  TO  COME  TO  THE  KNOWLEDGE  OF  THE  TRUTH

PROVERBS 24:1  be not thou envious against evil men neither desire to be with them 

--24:2--  for their heart --studieth destruction and their lips talk of mischief--

PROVERBS 18:21  death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof

MARK 8:35  for whosoever will save his life shall lose it  ---but whosoever shall lose his life for  ---MY  SAKE---  AND  THE  GOSPELS--- the same shall save it---

PSALM 25:4  show me thy ways  O LORD  ---TEACH  ME  THY  PATHS---

--25:5--  lead me in thy truth ---AND  TEACH  ME--- for thou art the  GOD  of my salvation --on thee do I wait all the day--

PSALM 25:8  good and upright is  THE  LORD  --- therefore will  --HE--  teach sinners in the way

PSALM 27:11  teach me thy way  O LORD  and lead me in a plain path because of mine enemies

PSALM 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go I will guide thee with mine eye 

PSALM 34:11  come ye children hearken unto  ME  I will teach you the fear of  THE  LORD 

PSALM 119:12  blessed art thou  O LORD  teach me thy statutes 

PSALM 119:66  teach me good judgement and knowledge for I have believed thy commandments 

HEBREWS 10:29  of how much sorer punishment suppose you shall he be thought worthy who hath trodden under foot  THE  SON  OF  GOD  and hath counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified an unholy thing and hath done ---despite unto the  SPIRIT  OF  GRACE

JOHN 1:17  FOR  THE  LAW  WAS  GIVEN  BY  MOSES  BUT  --GRACE  AND  TRUTH-- CAME  BY  JESUS  CHRIST --

TITUS 2:11  for the grace of  GOD  that bringeth salvation hath appeared unto all men 

--2:12--  teaching us  --  that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live --soberly -- righteously -- and godly -- in this present world

ACTS 20:32  and now brethren I commend you to  GOD  --and to the word of  HIS  grace-- which is able to build you up and to give you an inheritance  --among all them which are sanctified--

PSALM 119:36  INCLINE  MY  HEART  UNTO  THY  TESTIMONIES  AND  NOT  TO  COVETOUSNESS

EZEKIEL 33:31  and they come unto thee as the people cometh and they sit before thee as my people and they hear thy words  --but they will not do them-- for with their mouth they show much love  --but their heart goeth after their covetousness--

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of the brethren that have --the testimony of  JESUS  worship  GOD    -- for  the  testimony  of  JESUS  is the  spirit  of  prophecy --

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

JAN 24TH  ....CATHOLIC  COMMENT  ON  THE  TRINITY  BUT  AS  A  DOCTRINE  THE  BIBLE  SUPPORTS  IT  ?????

EPHESIANS 4:13  till we all come in the unity of the faith and of the knowledge  --of the SON  OF  GOD-- unto a perfect man unto the measure of the --staure of the fulness of  --  CHRIST--

--4:14-- that we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro and  --carried about with every wind of doctrine--  BY  THE  SLEIGHT  OF  MEN  -- and cunning craftiness whereby they lie in wait to deceive

HEBREWS 2:18  for in that  HE  himself hath suffered being tempted  HE  is able to  --SUCCOUR / HELP  --  them that are tempted

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if any man teach otherwise and consent not to wholesome words   --EVEN  THE  WORDS  OF  OUR  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  ---  and to  the  DOCTRINE which is according to godliness--

--6:4--  he is proud  --KNOWING  NOTHING--  but doting about questions and strifes of words  --whereof cometh envy strife railings evil surmisings--

1 JOHN 5:10  he that believeth on  THE  SON  OF  GOD  hath the witness in himself  --he that believeth not  GOD   --HATH  MADE  HIM  A  LIAR-- because he believeth not the  --RECORD  THAT  GOD  GAVE  GAVE  OF  HIS  SON--

--5:11-- and this is the record that  GOD  hath given to us eternal life  --AND  THIS  LIFE  IS  IN  HIS  SON--

--5:12-- he that hath  --THE  SON  HATH  LIFE--  and he that hath not  THE  SON  OF  GOD  --HATH  NOT  LIFE--

2 JOHN  1:9  WHOSOEVER  TRANSGRESSETH  AND  ABIDETH  NOT  IN  THE  DOCTRINE  OF  CHRIST  --HATH  NOT  GOD--   he that abideth in the doctrine of  CHRIST  -- he hath both  --THE  FATHER  AND  THE  SON--

--1:10--  if there come any unto you and bring not this  --DOCTRINE--  receive him not into your house neither bid him  GOD  speed  

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

On 1/6/2023 at 10:24 AM, Starise said:

When you worship God what part of Him do you focus on? 

My understanding is we can only worship the Father through the Son, or the Father only sees us through the Son.

Thoughts?

Imagine, imagine, imagine,

That you are on an island, in the middle of the ocean, thousands of miles from anywhere.

The island is all that you have known, and the ocean that you see, a few miles across the surface, is all that you know, is all that you can see.

--

Then imagine the ocean as not being salt water, but instead it is pure and clear fresh water.

See the ocean as God. We do not know much about Him. We only see the surface, for a few miles.

But the ocean is alive, conscious. The ocean knows everything that is going on. The ships and people that ride it's surface, the people swimming and diving. The birds flying above it. The fish and strange creatures that live in the ocean. The erupting underwater volcanoes, the deepest trenches, and all that has been, through time and existence.

Standing on the island, how little we know about the ocean, about God.

----

Now wade out into the waters. Take a bowl and dip it into the waters. This is like Jesus.

In the bowl is the ocean, and the ocean is in the bowl, the same substance as the ocean. The same thoughts, the same reactions, the same being, but now separate.

Now pour the water in the bowl back into the ocean. You cannot tell where the water that was in the bowl is, or see it as separate from the ocean. That is because the water that was in the bowl is the ocean.

Jesus is able to lay down His life and take it up again, Jn 10:18. In the end Jesus submits to the Father so that the Father is "All in ALL", 1 Cor 15:28. The bowl of water is returned into the ocean, and the ocean is complete again.

----

Take some water and drink it. This is the gift of the Holy Spirit, that one receives when baptized, Acts 2:38.

Now the water is in you, and you are part of the ocean. The ocean water becomes part of you. It circulates and enters every part of your being. Your thoughts, your heart, every fiber of your body and mind. The ocean is part of you, and you are part of the ocean.

This is the trinity. The ocean is the Father, the bowl of water that is able to lay down it's life and take itself up again is Jesus, the waters that you drank is the Holy Spirit.

==============================================

Jump into the ocean. Now you have died, to the island.

But you are still alive in the ocean, because you are the ocean, the waters inside you are the ocean.

You know the ocean. Still amazed by the ocean, the vastness, the creatures, the depths, the amazing consciousness of the ocean. Knowing the ocean, but still in wonder of it, amazed by it, in constant awe of Him., the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit living waters.

Living, breathing, part of the eternal vastness and wonder of Him.

====================

====================

Now my friend, go out tonight and look up at the ocean of the stars.

Know that you are, in reality, on that tiny island in the middle of the ocean.

And what you see, the stars, and the visible universe, is only a very small part of what is, the reality of the matter. 

And know this, that even though it appears to be empty space, that it is not empty at all. It is full of energy. Light, microwaves, infrared waves, particles from atomic reactions and collisions. Full of energy.

You cannot see it with your eyes, but it is there.

--

God is there too. You cannot see Him with your material eyes. 

But, as soon as your spirit leaves this body, like the bursting of a bubble, you will know God, see Him, and understand the reality of the ocean.

Vast, larger and more powerful than we can imagine, beyond our ability to understand, the ocean is waiting for us.

Only if you have the living waters, the Holy Spirit waters, that you received at baptism, Acts 2:38, will you be able to be one with the ocean of God.

Otherwise, you will be separate from the living waters, and will be forever lost, separate from God and His everlasting love.

-----

There is still time left to drink the living waters, but not much time, only a few moments.

IMAGINE ??? 

PSALM  2:1  why do the heathen rage  ---and the people   --IMAGINE-- a vain thing--

PROVERBS 30:6  add thou not unto  HIS  words lest  HE  reprove thee   ---  and thou be found a liar  ---

1 JOHN 2:4  he that saith I know  HIM  --and keepeth not  HIS  commandments   --IS  A  LIAR--  and the truth is not in him--

JEREMIAH 7:24  but they hearkened not nor inclined their ear but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart and went backward and not forward 

ZECHARIAH 8:17  and let none of you --imagine-- evil in your hearts against his neighbor   ---and love no false oath---  for all these are things that I hate   -- SAITH  THE  LORD --

1 JOHN 2:9  he that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother is in darkness even until now 

--2:10-- he that loveth his brother   --abideth in the light-- and there is none occasion of stumbling in him 

--2:11-- but he that hateth his brother is in darkness and walketh in darkness  ---  and knoweth not whither he goeth  ---  because that darkness hath blinded his eyes ---

PSALM 119:130  the entrance of thy words giveth light it giveth understanding unto the simple 

PROVERBS 14:18  THE SIMPLE INHERIT FOLLY  --BUT  THE  PRUDENT  ARE  CROWNED  WITH  KNOWLEDGE

1 JOHN 3:10 in this the children of  GOD  are manifest and the children of the devil  --WHOSOEVER  DOETH  NOT RIGHTEOUSNESS   --IS  NOT  OF  GOD--  neither he that loveth not his brother

PROVERBS 8:8  all the words of  MY  MOUTH  are in righteousness there is nothing froward or perverse in them 

ROMANS 14:17 for the kingdom of  GOD  is not meat and drink  --but righteousness and peace and joy in the holy spirit

JEREMIAH 15:16  thy words were found and I did eat them and thy word was unto me  --the joy and rejoicing of mine heart-- for I am called by thy name  --O  LORD  GOD  OF  HOSTS--

JHN 6:63  IT  IS  THE  SPIRIT  THAT  QUICKENETH  --THE  FLESH  PROFITETH  NOTHING-- THE  WORDS  THAT  I  SPEAK  UNTO  YOU  THEY  ARE  SPIRIT  AND  THEY  ARE  LIFE 

1 JOHN 5:11  AND  THIS  IS  THE  RECORD  THAT  GOD  HATH  GIVEN  TO  US  ETERNAL  LIFE  AND  THIS  LIFE  IS  IN  HIS  SON 

ROMANS 8:2  for the law of the spirit of life in  CHRIST  JESUS  hath made me free from the law of sin and death

HEBREWS 7:12  for the priesthood being changed there is of necessity a change also of the law 

HEBREWS 7:22  by so much was  JESUS  made a surety of a better testament

HEBREWS 7:24  BUT  THIS  MAN  BECAUSE  HE  CONTINUETH  EVER  HATH  AN  UNCHANGEABLE  PRIESTHOOD