• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  274
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,330
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, 90kjw90 said:

The NT says law will be written on the heart--meaning--Those who have the Love of the new covenant Jesus spoke of, their hearts wouldn't consider stealing from their brothers, cheating on their mate, having any other God before their face, etc,etc all the way down the line.

Few actually know what Jesus taught.

Yes, Jesus told the people of Israel who were under the Law that it wasn`t just a matter of doing the outward obedience, (like the Pharisees) but it was the heart motivation that God required. Even the Psalmist, David wrote of that, (Ps. 51)

As to the believers in the Body of Christ we are partakers of the divine nature, of Christ`s very nature, as we walk in obedience to his Holy Spirit. Thus, a greater refining takes place to make us like Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  313
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, coheir said:

Yes I I said that. I do not think I could past the test under the OC OL. Now under the NC NL I honestly feel I have a good chance

Right, no one, absolutely no one could pass the test under the law. The law reveals our sin thus showing us our need for faith in Jesus i.e. the One who kept the law in our stead and offers His righteousness as a free gift. Rom 5.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

21 hours ago, coheir said:

I may be one of the few. My understanding is Jesus mainly done two things as far as teaching goes.. One was to go in the synagogue every sabbath and reason with an teach he was the One to Come. And show them about the NC because they were not able to follow the complete old Covenant properly. Seems they rejected both teachings. The second thing he did was to appoint and teach disciples to teach and spread the New Covenant and the New Laws because no one could abide by All the old Law properly. We should be Grateful that Jesus decided to give an easier way to get into Heaven than the Old Covenant.  Now the New Covenant is clear the old law and even the 10 commandments do not apply to the New Covenant. The Old Covenant is left in tact for those that wanted stay under it and follow all 613 laws. The New Covenant is not obligated  to follow any of the Old Law. That said many things in the Old Law is worth following by one heart not by obligation to the Old law.

I up for correction if needed.

Your quote about believing, to be saved, is a partial truth as Jesus showed at Matt 7:22-23--these believe. At 7:21 he says-those who live now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( be saved)

God decided a new covenant was needed, he taught everything Jesus spoke, to Jesus-John 5:30)

So believing plays apart, but living to do Jesus Fathers will plays the biggest part.

Sometimes a passage is only a partial truth.

21 hours ago, chesed said:

Being proud that you don’t sin is also sin…

“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
— Luke 18:10-14

All sin, some practice sin even though they know it is sin. Hebrews 10:26 teaches--there is no sacrifice left for those who practice a sin and know it is sin. There will be no excuse for not knowing what is sin. The bible teaches it clearly.

So i do not think i am better than others, all sin.

20 hours ago, JimmyB said:

When I see the phrase "few actually know what Jesus taught", the first thing that pops into my mind is: how do you what others know about Jesus' teaching?  Or are you positing yourself as the source of all truth and almost everyone else is stupid?

Many religions claiming to be christian are lead by blind guides--they teach little of what Jesus actually taught. They tickle ears and thats what the members want.2Tim 4:3-- a good example of those are the ones who assure others-you are saved--he does NOT know.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

4 minutes ago, 90kjw90 said:

Many religions claiming to be christian are lead by blind guides--they teach little of what Jesus actually taught. They tickle ears and thats what the members want.2Tim 4:3-- a good example of those are the ones who assure others-you are saved--he does NOT know.

Matt 5

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

That is why I think these two verses refer to the body of the church to clean house if need be. Not to the physical body. I don't think God wants one to pluck out both eyes and both feet and both hands.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

10 minutes ago, 90kjw90 said:

And your basis for saying this this is..?

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes, Jesus told the people of Israel who were under the Law that it wasn`t just a matter of doing the outward obedience, (like the Pharisees) but it was the heart motivation that God required. Even the Psalmist, David wrote of that, (Ps. 51)

As to the believers in the Body of Christ we are partakers of the divine nature, of Christ`s very nature, as we walk in obedience to his Holy Spirit. Thus, a greater refining takes place to make us like Christ.

Yes obedience plays a major part, the bible teaches obeying is proof of ones love for God and his son.--And Jesus taught--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God=OT-NT

2 minutes ago, coheir said:

Matt 5

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

That is why I think these two verses refer to the body of the church to clean house if need be. Not to the physical body. I don't think God wants one to pluck out both eyes and both feet and both hands.

Jesus was showing that if one is doing something wrong--stop it. Nothing is worth missing out on entrance into Gods kingdom.

3 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

And your basis for saying this this is..?

Not a single mortal has seen a single name written in Gods book of life, Not a single mortal can read anothers true heart. Not a single mortal knows who will endure until their end.

Example--Paedophiles have gained trust and made it all the way to the clergy positions. Not one could read their true heart. Many have weaknesses and cannot overcome them. No man has the right to assure others-you are saved.

Peter looked strong, but out of fear of men denied Jesus 3 x even after all the miracles he witnessed. He stood back up quickly though and gained strength. Not all do.