IGNORED

@Marathoner, I need to overhaul the polyester............................................................,,,,,,,, Except newer washing machines are not friendly to cotton and absorbent fabrics. :: : ( ( (

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Do you sew at all?

I can't. I can't drive the sewing machine. Sewing by hand it falls apart in the wash. I have sewed some seems back together by hand and it holds up, But I tried altering a top by hand and it fell apart in the wash. I am a clutz with the sewing machine. Loll. My mom is crocheting right now and I thought about trying htat, But I have to focus on it long enough to be able to do it. Right now I am just uncomfortable. Loll. and I am going to have to stay that way until I can get some cotton stuff. I have some cotton stuff right now so I will wear that. The organic cotton is the most comfortable. I have two shirts that are organic cotton. and a long sleeve top that is orrganic cotton, Bu t it's really short. I do'nt like short clothing. 

I have tried driving a sewing machine, It does not work out well. :blink::huh::unsure:Loll. 

35 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Do you sew at all?

I don't sew with the sewing machine, I am a clutz with it. Loll. I did figure out a way to make a low cut top that is too low how to make that work. If you have a shirt or a tank top that is too low cut, Either safety pin, Or sew in some lace trim tot he top of it, Or the sides, etc................. Just lace trim, safety pin or fashion tape or something. Tape it in or sew it in. If I sew by hand it falls apart in the wash. To the tailor I go...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by believeinHim

32 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I found colorful nice cotton clothes. It's fairly easy to find.

I don't like colorful. I like basic,s, But with ad ress I might go for burgundies or something. I really don't like bright colors. I found a site that I think I like. The tunic is  a bit ridiculous. A lot of the clothing for women is ridiculous. Loll. I like mostly basic clothing, and some dresses for the side. I think that is what I am going to do with my wardrobe. It will save money over time, But not currently because  I don't have any right now. Loll. I am hoping the cotton stuff holds up over time. I have a pretty top right now that fell apart in the back. Loll. :emot-headphones:

I will have to order everything online, And I have been avoiding that. I have been avoiding ordering everything online. :emot-headphones:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Go to regular sites like jc penneys. If you look at something there it will tell you the fabric content. I have worn only cotton for decades now. I have found cotton in regular stores and online without having to find specialty places.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

I prefer cotton, always have. Depending upon where I'm at, wool is something I look for. I learned the value of wool during my time in the military. Good stuff. Yes, wool is good. Very good. For sure.

Polyester is just terrible, perfectly horrible. It should be banned! 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I prefer cotton, always have. Depending upon where I'm at, wool is something I look for. I learned the value of wool during my time in the military. Good stuff. Yes, wool is good. Very good. For sure.

They have marketed and made stuff that they call "Seriously Soft" that they mix with modal, and rayon, And sometimes viscose, It seriously feels seriously soft. Until you wear it for awhile, and realize you are feeling something that says it is seriously soft.

I found a cotton t shirt from walmart in the mens department recently, And I don't even know I'm wearing it when I'm wearing it. 
I like my clothing to be longer with the tops, And regular length everywhere else, I kind of have a long torso............... :huh::unsure:I kind of have a longer torso, So I like my tops to be longer. But, everything else is normal length, Loll. :24:Everything else on me is normal length, I'm just uneven and disproportionate. Loll. So, I like longer tops and regular lengthen everything else. I found da place online that I am going to try. I am waiting for some refunds from QVC of stuff that they say is seriously soft until you wear it and you realize you are feeling what says it is seriously soft. I wish I could return more of it. I can't. Loll. Is cashmere any good ? They have a cardigan that is mixed with cashmere, But you can't put it the drying machine.eI hate it when you can't just put something in the drying machine. I don't like hanging up clothes. Do you know if cashmere is any good ? I am looking at a cardigan that isn't so expensive on clearance~sale, That I can pay over time and it is mostly cotton and cashmere. 

All of this stuff is so confusing. Loll. I am going to try two things from the cotton shop that I found, And see what they are like. If I can, I am going to do that before the end of the month with one of them. They have a top on sale on the cotton site I found. I'm going to try that first. It's a little bit longer. It's just a t shirt. It's a little bit longer, And it's just a cotton t shirt. It's on sale. I'm hopefully going to try that. I can't believe th nightmare that is clothing these days. It's all a nightmare. :43:It's a nightmare, So I will order from this site I found and try that next. They are in the US and the stuff is made in America. They are in the US and the stuff is made in the USA. I noticed that, a swell. I haven't found anything like this so far. I just found it yesterday. :t2:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

The best for polyester I've found is my field pants. Tend to be reasonably tough, dry quickly when wet, fairly lightweight.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

Just now, teddyv said:

The best for polyester I've found is my field pants. Tend to be reasonably tough, dry quickly when wet, fairly lightweight.

:33:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Living in arizona.. synthetic fabrics are just nasty. I feel like I can't breathe in them. Cotton is cooler in the heat

• Thumbs Up 2