• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes, all agree that the church the Body of Christ is (of) the Lord. However, many think that we are also a female, a wife, a bride.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

The Lord is my rock - does that mean He is a real rock? No, but it denotes, strength.

Exactly, no one is taking literally that Jesus is a rock any more than a believer will start having branches come our their bodies bearing fruit like grapes, or that we all become of the female sex and end up  consummating our relationship with Christ Jesus  ( God forbid) in a sexual manner  or that we become a literal branch or a vine or for that matter that Christ Jesus is a bleating bah bad farm animal waking on four legs.

My goodness, were are you coming up with ideas like that?

No one on this thread has made any such claims as you seem to be alluding to. .

Perhaps you where the one who misinterpreted what your friend from the land of oz was referring too? unless of course she was clicking her heals and taking about Munchkin Country.lol.

Did you read @George post? Do you think @George thinks Christ Jesus is a literal rock or that >the bride means we all become of the female sex and end up sexually consummating (God forbid) our relationship with our Lord and Savior ChristJesus?

https://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/prepare-to-be-married#respond

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Dead Orthodoxy said:

Charismatics and Pentecostals always love to claim they go to heaven.  Alot of money and fame can be made claiming so. 

Once again, Marathoner did NOT make a claim that he went to heaven, so what does that say about your invective?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

46 minutes ago, Michael37 said:
49 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

You are making an edict out of something relevant to Paul, who suffered numerous humbling trials and tribulations as well as a barrage of criticisms and accusations.

If course I am.   This is Paul's teaching.   Paul was FORBIDDEN to speak of the things he saw in heaven.  If you don't think Paul's guidance is for today, so be it.

I am not after fame and fortune by sticking to Sola Scriptura as my sole source of content for my belief.   If you want to deviate from that, so be it. It is a free country. 

Thousands of people here in the USA are claiming they have been in heaven.  How does one know if one is telling the truth.  By applying   Paul's guidance NOT TO SPEAK ABOUT IT.  I am not out for fame at WCF.

Geez, in the 1980's and 90's every third person on the PTL club claimed special knowledge from Jesus from being in heaven.  I didn't believe them either.

Go ahead, believe EVERYTHING ANYBODY SAYS ABOUT BEING IN HEAVEN.  I DON'T.

49 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

38 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Once again, Marathoner did NOT make a claim that he went to heaven, so what does that say about your invective?

Suppose Marathoner stated that he went before a judge, testified, and  paid a fine.  And I said, "He went to court?"  Would you say.....he didn't say that.  He never said he went to court.   A reasonable person would be he went to court.

When Marathoner said he spoke to Jesus with the Holy Spirit present, that person would be believe he was in heaven.  Marathoner never disputes he wasn't in heaven.  Of course, now he will.   Well, if he were not in heaven, where did Marathoner met Jesus?  In non-heaven?  On Mt. Everest?  The moon?  Saturn?  A reasonable person would believe Marathoner himself believed he was in heaven.

20 minutes ago, Dead Orthodoxy said:

Geez, in the 1980's and 90's every third person on the PTL club claimed special knowledge from Jesus from being in heaven.  I didn't believe them either.

Go ahead, believe EVERYTHING ANYBODY SAYS ABOUT BEING IN HEAVEN.  I DON'T.

And here you are blaspheming, but perhaps you don't know that "Geez" is a derivative of Jesus.

Also you made an unfounded accusation against a brother in Christ, saying he was claiming to have gone to heaven when no such claim was made here.

Should your apologies be forthcoming the matter could be laid to rest.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

25 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

God’s word will never die....

:amen:

matthew24:35Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away

2 Timothy 3:16  All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Standing On The Rock:

https://www.openbible.info/topics/standing_on_the_rock

Edited by 1to3

10 minutes ago, Dead Orthodoxy said:

Suppose Marathoner stated that he went before a judge, testified, and  paid a fine.  And I said, "He went to court?"  Would you say.....he didn't say that.  He never said he went to court.   A reasonable person would be he went to court.

When Marathoner said he spoke to Jesus with the Holy Spirit present, that person would be believe he was in heaven.  Marathoner never disputes he wasn't in heaven.  Of course, now he will.   Well, if he were not in heaven, where did Marathoner met Jesus?  In non-heaven?  On Mt. Everest?  The moon?  Saturn?  A reasonable person would believe Marathoner himself believed he was in heaven.

Jesus can appear to whomever He wants, whenever He wants, wherever He wants.

Check it out:

(Act 9:3)  As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.
(Act 9:4)  Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"
(Act 9:5)  And he said, "Who are You, Lord?" Then the Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads."
(Act 9:6)  So he, trembling and astonished, said, "Lord, what do You want me to do?" Then the Lord said to him, "Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
(Act 9:7)  And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one.

• Well Said! 1

9 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

And here you are blaspheming, but perhaps you don't know that "Geez" is a derivative of Jesus.

You accuse me of transgressing the first commandment....that brings a full blown ethics compliant against you in the morning.

This conversation is over between us.  We will let the moderators sort it out.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,894
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

Exactly, no one is taking literally that Jesus is a rock any more than a believer will start having branches come our their bodies bearing fruit like grapes, or that we all become of the female sex and end up  consummating our relationship with Christ Jesus  ( God forbid) in a sexual manner  or that we become a literal branch or a vine or for that matter that Christ Jesus is a bleating bah bad farm animal waking on four legs.

My goodness, were are you coming up with ideas like that?

No one on this thread has made any such claims as you seem to be alluding to. .

Perhaps you where the one who misinterpreted what your friend from the land of oz was referring too? unless of course she was clicking her heals and taking about Munchkin Country.lol.

Did you read @George post? Do you think @George thinks Christ Jesus is a literal rock or that >the bride means we all become of the female sex and end up sexually consummating (God forbid) our relationship with our Lord and Savior ChristJesus?

https://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/prepare-to-be-married#respond

Marilyn is a good contributor and a very polite person...I do not think she should be address with strong words like that...actually she raised a point that it should be discussed and a very good one....if she thinks so why anyone wants to stop her...

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,340
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

50 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Jesus can appear to whomever He wants, whenever He wants, wherever He wants.

Check it out:

(Act 9:3)  As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.
(Act 9:4)  Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"
(Act 9:5)  And he said, "Who are You, Lord?" Then the Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads."
(Act 9:6)  So he, trembling and astonished, said, "Lord, what do You want me to do?" Then the Lord said to him, "Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
(Act 9:7)  And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one.

Indeed, just as He sends visions and dreams to thousands of Muslims today, as our brother George mentioned recently on the forum.

• Praise God! 1