• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,421
  • Content Per Day:  6.24
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

A brother gave a very inspiring message this morning on Revelation chapter 21, about the most amazing city, the New Jerusalem.  Christians have long considered whether this city, which comes down out of heaven as a bride adorned for her Husband, is spiritual or material.  I think the answer is probably both, but exactly what it is is pretty unfathomable to us right now!  But I thought to share some of the things this brother spoke with us, for everyone's consideration, encouragement and edification (building up).

This city is the culmination of God's loving purpose for mankind.  This brother first shared how the counterfeit city, the Babylonian harlot, is presented in the same way in chapter 17.  That is, it's one of the angels that had the 7 bowls who takes John away to view each city.  The similarities between the visions of these two "women" is striking; one the fake poser, the other the real thing.

The gates have the names of the tribes of Israel and the foundations have the names of the apostles, so all God's people are included in this wonderful city. Then is given the measurements of the city which are equal in height, breadth and depth, and which equate to around 1200 miles.  The brother shared that the measurements of the holy of holies in the tabernacle was a cube of 10 cubits; the measurements of the holy of holy in the temple was also a cube of 20 cubits.  Now the New Jerusalem is presented as a huge expansion of this cubic measurement - therefore the whole thing is a giant holy of holies where God is!

Check out these verses in Ephesians 2:21-22 - "In Him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit."

Then verse 21:23 says: "The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light." Now here's where a couple verses came to me during this morning's sharing and consider these with the previous verse regarding the city's light.

"The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD."  Proverbs 20:27

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden"  Matthew 5:14  I always wondered a little why Jesus spoke about us as the light of the world, then added the part about a city set on a hill!

This is beyond words (at least human ones) is it not!?!?  :clap::hurrah::emot-highfive:  PRAISE GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLY RICH PURPOSE!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

The sharing brother also handed this out, which is a remarkable comparison of the first two chapters of the Bible with the last two. It also compares the 3rd chapter with Rev 20 (referring to the devil)

UPDATE: LOADED A CORRECTED VERSION ON 2-4-23. Old one had an error in #15.

Sorry - my OCR translator changed many "V's" to "U's"

1st 2 vs last 2 chapters.docx

Edited by Vine Abider
Corrected error in attached file

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I always thought Israel would be in New Jerusalem and Christians on out side

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, coheir said:

I always thought Israel would be in New Jerusalem and Christians on out side

Do you still think that way?  The foundations have the apostle's names and the gates have the tribes of Israel's names - all God's people are represented by this. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

1 minute ago, Vine Abider said:

Do you still think that way?  The foundations have the apostle's names and the gates have the tribes of Israel's names - all God's people are represented by this. 

I have been following the other thread church of Christ. And still not 100% sure which is right. I do see Christ as the cornerstone and Christians as the rest of the building. Meaning That Israel may be the inner sanctuary and Church outer sanctuary. I guess I still need help on this.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 minutes ago, coheir said:

I have been following the other thread church of Christ. And still not 100% sure which is right. I do see Christ as the cornerstone and Christians as the rest of the building. Meaning That Israel may be the inner sanctuary and Church outer sanctuary. I guess I still need help on this.

Hi coheir,

Glad you are considering..... 

Now we know that the OT saints were promised the city and so were the 12 disciples. However, the Body of Christ is promised a higher position, on the Lord`s seat of power in the third heaven.

`To him who overcomers I will grant to sit with me on my throne.... `(Rev. 3: 21)

It is important to work through this as to what we believe is our inheritance in the Lord. May the Lord give you understanding.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

13 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Hi VA,

Actually, not all God`s people are represented there. We know the OT saints were promised the city, (Heb. 11: 16) and the 12 disciples were promised rulership over the 12 tribes of Israel, (Matt. 19: 28) but there is no mention of the Body of Christ.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi coheir,

Glad you are considering..... 

Now we know that the OT saints were promised the city and so were the 12 disciples. However, the Body of Christ is promised a higher position, on the Lord`s seat of power in the third heaven.

`To him who overcomers I will grant to sit with me on my throne.... `(Rev. 3: 21)

It is important to work through this as to what we believe is our inheritance in the Lord. May the Lord give you understanding.

Marilyn.

"The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him."  Rev 22:3

• Well Said! 1

32 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

"The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him."  Rev 22:3

Yes the Lord`s authority and power (throne) is there, but that is NOT Mount Zion where the Lord`s seat of authrotiy and power is.

`I (Father God) have set my King on my holy hill of Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Ezekiel Below Is (The Eternal Kingdom) Same River And Tree Of life, Same Fruit On The Tree, Same Leaves Of The Tree For Healing/Medicine, Same Gates Of New Jerusalem With The Names Of The 12 Tribes Of Israel

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Ezekiel 47:12KJV

12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Revelation 22:1-2KJV

1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

(The Eternal Kingdom)

Eternal "New Jerusalem"

Ezekiel 48:31KJV

31 And the gates of the city shall be after the names of the tribes of Israel: three gates northward; one gate of Reuben, one gate of Judah, one gate of Levi.

Revelation 21:12KJV

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: