IGNORED

Addictions, bad and good........tattoos of Bible verses; thoughts?

farouk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Next time, whoever deleted my last post you do this can you please let me know and why? Does the truth hurt does it?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, HAZARD said:

Next time, whoever deleted my last post you do this can you please let me know and why? Does the truth hurt does it?

@HAZARD Hi there; I don't recall deleting your post. Feel free to post your thoughts.

1 hour ago, AnnaGrace said:

There is much variation in how people today define the gospel. Ultimately, however, the gospel message is very simple: the righteousness of God. New Testament saints, as you’ve stated, are called to live by the gospel - which, again, is the righteousness of God (demonstrated for us in Christ; the perfect Lamb of God). I’m wondering what you believe the law of God demonstrates? I believe it also demonstrates the righteousness of God. Christ didn’t come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it - that is, He came to be the propitiation for the sins of mankind (hence, Him as the Lamb of God). 

@AnnaGrace Some great points there.

Looking as I do at Scripture from a dispensational angle, the law was changed (Hebrews 7.12). What we now have is better (keyword in Hebrews) than the law (Hebrews 7.19).

(I realize that I am getting away from the topics of addictions and tattoos now....... :))

Maybe the points you raise would be really good for you to start an extra thread?

Thanks for your above comment!

3 minutes ago, farouk said:

@HAZARD Hi there; I don't recall deleting your post. Feel free to post your thoughts.

I dont know who deleted it, but it's gone> 

Just now, HAZARD said:

I dont know who deleted it, but it's gone> 

Oh okay. Was it maybe a recent post that you wrote? (I don't recall it...)

1 minute ago, farouk said:

Oh okay. Was it maybe a recent post that you wrote? (I don't recall it...)

About an hour ago. Dont worry about it. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

@HAZARD

Anyway I see that back a bit you said:

Having a tattoo will not keep anyone from serving the Lord. There are many godly people in the world who have tattoos and are serving the Lord and their tattoos do not interfere with what God is doing through them.

Yes, I agree.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, farouk said:

@AnnaGrace Some great points there.

Looking as I do at Scripture from a dispensational angle, the law was changed (Hebrews 7.12). What we now have is better (keyword in Hebrews) than the law (Hebrews 7.19).

(I realize that I am getting away from the topics of addictions and tattoos now....... :))

Maybe the points you raise would be really good for you to start an extra thread?

Thanks for your above comment!

I’m not sure how to start a new thread so I’m just going to respond back to you here if that’s okay. (But if you want to create a thread and tag me in it I will join in wherever you tag me). 

Paul wrote the following about bringing the gospel to the Gentiles, those who were without the law (non-Jewish)   :

“to those who are without the Law, I became as one without the Law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might gain those who are without the Law.”

1 Corinthians 9:21 

If you’ll notice, he says that He “became” as one without the Law (meaning, he come as one without knowledge of the law). This is why he says that he “wasn’t without the law of God but under the law of Christ”

Hebrews 8:10 - “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people”

Here, the house of Israel is referring to God’s chosen people of the new covenant (the elect); these are those in Christ who are dispersed abroad (Jew and/or Gentile origin is irrelevant). 

So, Paul brought the gospel of Christ to the gentiles so that God, through His Holy Spirit, could write His law on their hearts so that those in Christ may know and keep His laws. 

Jesus said, “If you love me, keep my commands.” 

One can only know and keep His commands through/by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

4 minutes ago, AnnaGrace said:

I’m not sure how to start a new thread so I’m just going to respond back to you here if that’s okay. (But if you want to create a thread and tag me in it I will join in wherever you tag me). 

Paul wrote the following about bringing the gospel to the Gentiles, those who were without the law (non-Jewish)   :

“to those who are without the Law, I became as one without the Law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might gain those who are without the Law.”

1 Corinthians 9:21 

If you’ll notice, he says that He “became” as one without the Law (meaning, he come as one without knowledge of the law). This is why he says that he “wasn’t without the law of God but under the law of Christ”

Hebrews 8:10 - “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people”

Here, the house of Israel is referring to God’s chosen people of the new covenant (the elect); these are those in Christ who are dispersed abroad (Jew and/or Gentile origin is irrelevant). 

So, Paul brought the gospel of Christ to the gentiles so that God, through His Holy Spirit, could write His law on their hearts so that those in Christ may know and keep His laws. 

Jesus said, “If you love me, keep my commands.” 

One can only know and keep His commands through/by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

@AnnaGrace Dispensationalists would tend to say that rather than the law being the rule of the New Testament believer's life, it is the Gospel that can be so described.

Verse 12 referred to in Hebrews 7, above, shows that the law was changed in any case; because the priesthood was changed; and so to put ppl back under the law takes them back to an obsolescent state of affairs.

Some Christians use faith based tattoos (Bible ref.s or verses, Christians fish sign <><, etc.) as witness tools. All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seem to have received them as witness tools.

On 4/21/2023 at 11:55 PM, NConly said:

A lot of people I see have a picture and words tattoo on them...

@NConly Do you have any thoughts about the idea of a quote of words on their own? Bible verse, etc.

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area.