• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

12 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

That isn't quite what I said. My words exactly:

Prices rise, but not overnight as these things happen over years incrementally. Donald Trump actually drove up prices for you with his ridiculous trade wars, and Biden hasn't done squat to reverse it.

Prices have absolutely gone up, because oil and grocery stores are inflating them despite record profits. It's happening in the Ireland, the UK, Canada and the USA. The reason they're doing this is because they can as they are essential services people cannot live without, and our elected leaders do nothing about it.

The main problem in many countries is the electorate is collectively not very bright and likes to vote for psychopaths and incompetents. What makes the USA unique is some of you guys think those are winning attributes.

I am sorry times are tough, really.

Thank you,they are but it'll work out.

It's pretty obvious ,seems to me,you are an anti Trumper-- pardon me & no offense but it just seems so odd to me that anyone outside of an American could possibly have any opinion for or against a politician in the USA...   I can't imagine forming an opinion on a foreign Political figure not knowing the cause &;effect they may or may not have on the people who live in that Country ..?

I hear people give their opinions for & against Vladimir Putin & I wonder what the people in Russia think? Is he a madman,I don't know? Is he the one to blame for the Ukraine,I'm not so sure of the Ukraine's part in all of it...... It's an entirely different govt &:way of life that I only know about from what I'm told,my friends in the Ukraine tell me about what they are going through- it's very very difficult for me to form opinions based on what I do know,there's too much I don't know

Anyway,it's just my 2 cents - it's always difficult for me to grasp strong political views,I'm really ignorant to much of the powers that be ..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

3 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Unlike the United States most countries report news on both a national and international level, so we tend to be educated on foreign politics. I do not like Trump because, aside from his numerous personality defects, he moved the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and recognized Jerusalem as the capital. I am an Israeli citizen and have family who still live there, therefore his actions did effect me.

May I ask " how so?" I'd be very interested to know how moving the Capital of Israel affected you & your family

US news does report both Natl & Intl btw,Although I'm not a fan of propaganda,I see what they report,I'd like to know what isn't reported really:noidea:

So,perhaps you can help me to understand how the move to Jerusalem affects Israeli living .....

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

I still have family in both Israel and Palestine, (mostly Israel), and moving the capital only served to:

1. Ensure no resolution to the conflict and enhancing tensions.

2. Rewarding the brutal policies of Netanyahu with his coalition of thugs and Jewish extremists.

3. Risking an escalation of violence.

4. Risks antagonizing Israel's enemies.

The majority of Jews and even Israelis did not support this, and surprise no one listened. Trump did it anyway, cheered on by a bunch of American Christians/right wingers who don't know and care nothing about the potential consequences.

I also have theological reasons that likely won't interest you.

Yes, it affects me, just like if someone went to your mothers house and slapped her it would "affect you" even though you likely don't live there.

Ah,now I understand that because you have both Israeli & Palestinian family this is very personal- I was under the impression your family were all in Israel-I never imagined religious (Jewish) Israelis would not be in favor of Capitalizing & controlling the whole City of Jerusalem -:having said that I'd be very interested in your theological reasons,if you care to share?

I'm not going to give you my thoughts because I don't live there nor have I ever fully understood the controversy that came about after the Ottoman Empire,I can only reflect on my study of history ,that was a time the people of all religions lived harmoniously.   

I wish there were Peace for all Nations but with pride,greed,envy & a lust for power I know that's just not gonna happen-----I pray the world humble herself before the Mighty Hand of God and return to Him🙏

10 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

Israel proper cannot be restored except by G-d's direct intervention.  When the Messiah comes he will establish world peace, give the world knowledge of G-d and restore Israel along with the Jewish people. When the current country known as Israel was created in 1948 it was not done so under those conditions. Therefore because it was not done by Hashem, what exists is a secular nation that shares the name. I am far from the only Jew who hold these views.

One of the main reasons Israel is in the quagmire it's in is because it was created by fallible men and their natural tendency to screw things up. The same thing happened with India/Pakistan and other nations formally colonized by the west.

That all being said, Israel is my home country (somewhat, lived in Ireland since I was a toddler) and I have a vested interest in it's success and security.

Thanks for sharing Slibhin,it's all very interesting to me- I didn't know you lived in Ireland since you were little,that must have been lovely ..   such a beautiful Country and some of the nicest down to earth people I've ever encountered - not speaking of Irish immigrants in America ( didn't know many) but I'm talking about visiting Ireland and their countrymen- and for an Italian New Yorker with quite an accent I never felt so embraced by a people