• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Thinking it important to know the messenger as well as the message, the who what when where  and why, in order to better see where it's going as it goes  forward, I  do want to explore Signatry, Servant Foundation, and Hobby Lobby.

I have no axe to grind, and no cause to champion one way  or another; except that I do care about the messages sent in the name of or regarding my Lord as to whether they are my Lord's messages or not.

Anyone else interested in seeking out the human entities behind the ad movement? If so please contribute as you research or if you simply know  of details. Thanks

A, 1. Servant Foundation is evidently managed by the Oklahoma United methodist Foundation.

• Neighbor changed the title to "Exploring" Players -Game Rules, Signatry, Servant Foundation, Hobby Lobby

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I did not know of this. on my search I found an article from Religion Dispatches. Not sure who Religion Dispatches is either.They seem to distrust this Signatry very much. They mention several donations by Signatry.

Seems they went to IRS to find the donations and listed them in the article.

Propublica dot org has financials showing.

Edited by coheir
add

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Anyone else interested in seeking out the human entities behind the ad movement? If so please contribute as you research or if you simply know  of details. Thanks

A, 1. Servant Foundation is evidently managed by the Oklahoma United methodist Foundation.

Never heard of it, but found this below.

What is the Servant Foundation?

PLEASE NOTE: We are not affiliated with the "He Gets Us" campaign.
This is not the Servant Foundation endowment fund that is funding the "He Gets Us" campaign.

The Servant Foundation, Inc. is an endowment fund controlled by Church of the Servant’s elected Foundation Board and managed by the Oklahoma United Methodist Foundation. The purpose of the Foundation is to receive, take care of, and invest gifts and monies and other properties for the specific benefit of the ministries, people, and property of Church of the Servant. Gifts to The Servant Foundation, Inc. provide a means through which an individual, family, or company can participate in the life and mission of the church throughout its existence.

Church of the servant

The Mission
The mission of Church of the Servant is the same mission Jesus gave his followers: Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. 

The Vision
At Church of the Servant, we are committed to partnering with God to create a community of authentic believers, reach the lost, and proclaim the Gospel in our city and world.

our story

Est. in 1968

In June of 1968, Norman Neaves came to Oklahoma City with a dream to reach and serve this city for Jesus Christ. On Sunday, September 8, 1968, this dream became a reality, and Servant’s first worship service was born and held on Northwest Expressway with 148 people joining. This dream to reach and serve still lives in the heart of Church of the Servant today. Our prayer and deep desire is to become the hands and feet of Christ in the world. We pray to live out our lives as servants, bringing glory to the ultimate servant, Jesus Christ.

Jesus once said to His disciples, “Whoever would be greatest among you, let him be your servant.” That simple yet profound statement 

has been at the heart and core of our church since its beginning. It is an expression of the essence of our church’s philosophy, and you find it expressed in our name: Church of the Servant.

A great church is not necessarily a church with a large building, a large budget, and a large membership. It is instead, according to Jesus, a church that discovers how to live in the world as a servant of Christ, just as Christ Himself first served His disciples by stooping down to wash their feet. Since our very beginning, we have wanted to place the primary emphasis of our church upon meeting the real needs of people, whoever they might be and whatever their needs might be.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., formerly Hobby Lobby Creative Centers, is an American retail company. It owns a chain of arts and crafts stores with a volume of over $5 billion in 2018.[1] The chain has 969 stores in 47 US states. Hobby Lobby is owned by Christians and incorporates American conservative values and Christian media.

The business and its owners have been the subject of controversies and scandals including accusations of antisemitism, homophobia, LGBTQ discrimination, attempts to evangelize public schools, "efforts to deny access to contraceptives for employees," "discrimination and illegally smuggled artifacts to endangering employees during the coronavirus pandemic."
                    ("A man's greatness can be measured by his enemies)

Don't know about the Signatry