IGNORED

What if one Morning we all Woke Up & no more Divisions?

Vine Abider

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  310
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Why don't you give it a shot!? :emot-nod:  I suggest no more than maybe 5 main items.

Again, my point stands, whatever is decided will have flack. There will be no Shangra-la here on earth until our Lord returns.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

10 minutes ago, chesed said:

Again, my point stands, whatever is decided will have flack. There will be no Shangra-la here on earth until our Lord returns.

Yes, your point stands . . . as far as is possible with our efforts.

But, what is not possible with men is with God.  That is, the oneness of all born-again believers is a fact in Spirit, and if everyone was walking in and experiencing the love of the Spirit toward one another, the oneness would come automatically.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Not following you here . . . what does growth have to do with the oneness of the faith?

Hi VA,

E...v....e...r....y...thing! (lol)

Yes, it is good to gather around John 3: 16 & 17, (which is a summary of your points I think), however, to do that we would have to be just saved or mature enough to hold our beliefs and not be divisive. You see immature believers who are carnal cannot do that. Thus, the need of growth, maturity.

Let me give an illustration. At the moment my hubby and I are at a lovely lake for a week to do some relaxation and fishing. Hubby has taught me how to drive the boat while trawling and not to get snags, plus not letting the wind blow us off course.

Also, I have learnt much about fishing which is enjoyable. Now all that has made me so appreciative of my hubby who has the skill and ability to look after the boat, the fishing gear and be patient to teach me things. I don`t just know my hubby from a photo or having a chat, but actually see him at work with his skills and character in tricky situations. 

I am growing to KNOW him more and appreciate him and his giftings in many areas, spiritual and physical. 

This is what the Apostle Paul is referring to, (no not fishing, lol) but to -

`know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings,....` (Phil. 3: 10)

`... to be conformed to the image of His Son,...` (Rom. 8: 29)

that we may `grow up in all things into Him who is the Head - Christ...` (Eph. 4: 15) 

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trevdriving..jpg.f7ca9833064dce2e0e9383bb6a76a810.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

But, what is not possible with men is with God.  That is, the oneness of all born-again believers is a fact in Spirit, and if everyone was walking in and experiencing the love of the Spirit toward one another, the oneness would come automatically.

Hi VA,

What I marked in bold is the point - need to grow in experience and knowledge of the love of the Spirit. 

So next question - How does one experience the love of the Spirit?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I guess I left idealism back in my hippy days and now am more of a realist.

Whatever God promises is possible with God though man may deem it impossible.

The problem I see is that God hints at the opposite of faith as time goes on....

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Paul also weighs in..

1Tim 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Without faith there isn't much in terms of unity.

Edited by chesed

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

49 minutes ago, chesed said:

I guess I left idealism back in my hippy days and now am more of a realist.

Whatever God promises is possible with God though man may deem it impossible.

The problem I see is that God hints at the opposite of faith as time goes on....

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Paul also weighs in..

1Tim 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Without faith there isn't much in terms of unity.

Two good verses showing how it will be unfortunately . . .

Nonetheless, it may sound idealistic, but it's reality in Spirit. As your signature says, it's only His "life not religion" that will get us there.  He's in us, and if we let Him live through us, I believe these "idealistic impossibilities," such as true outward oneness, are possible.

Edited by Vine Abider

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Noting that I've only had a chance to read the first page of comments - so apologies if I'm repeating ideas.

I have a slightly different perspective. I look at creation and am convinced that God enjoys diversity. Yes - the ideal is that we should certainly be unified as Christians, but I don't think differences is a problem in general. There's rarely one single right way to get things done.

Also, I think it is an important aspect of growth with God to learn to get along respectfully with those who disagree. Having such stark differences in the church gives us opportunities to practice.

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

Nonetheless, it may sound idealistic, but it's reality in Spirit. As your signature says, it's only His "life not religion" that will get us there.  He's in us, and if we let Him live through us, I believe these "idealistic impossibilities," such as true outward oneness, are possible.

Thanks, I hold that though the Holy Spirit authored the Holy Scriptures, He will not lead us in ways contrary to His Word.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

4 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Hi VA,

I too believe that it is by the Holy Spirit -

1. The Unity of the Spirit. (Eph. 4: 3)

`Make every effort to KEEP the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.` (Eph. 4: 3)

When we believe that Jesus is our Saviour the Holy Spirit sets us in the Body.

`now God has set the members, each one of them, in the Body just as He pleased.` (1 Cor. 12: 18)

That is not by our own doing but by the Holy Spirit. Our job is to KEEP that unity of the Spirit and not be divisive. We can hold different views on other things, but our attitude is to KEEP that unity with our attitude of peace, otherwise we ourselves will be disqualified.  

• Well Said! 1