• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

A 9-year-old boy swam the precarious waters between Alcatraz island and the San Francisco shoreline Monday, raising ,000 in donations for Hurricane Katrina victims.

http://www.worthyweirdandwacky.com/zone.cg...QE4F;_ylu=X3oDM

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

>>> this story is awe-inspiring...how amaising that a 9 y/o boy would risk his life in those waters for the sake of the less fortunate...he is a hero to so many people...and an inspiration to us all !!!

Go Johnny!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Isnt this the sweetest story? What a great kid. And what a story he will have to tell others for years to come.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Jack La Lane did it for his birthday, 75th I think.

ok I cant spell his name lol. It is Jack LaLanne. Off the internet biographies of him:

This type of thinking was apparently behind the publicity stunts he engaged in when he turned 40, 60 and 70. At 40, he towed a 2,000-pound cabin cruiser as he swam the Golden Gate Channel. At 60, he put handcuffs on his wrists and swam from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf while towing a half-ton boat.

At 70, he swam a portion of the Long Beach harbor with 70 people in 70 boats tied to his back.

He says his next stunt (at age 90) will be to swim 22 hours underwater (with air tanks or a hose to the surface) the 26 miles from Catalina Island to Los Angeles, a claim that is met by skepticism.

Some of Mr. LaLannes amazing feats of strength include: At age 41 he proved it possible to escape from Alcatraz by swimming to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco while wearing handcuffs. At 45, he completed a thousand push-ups and a thousand chin-ups in an hour and twenty-two minutes with blisters under his calluses. At sixty, he swam from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf handcuffed, shackled, and towing a thousand-pound boat. At seventy, batlling currents while handcuffed and shackled, he towed seventy boats holding seventy people for a mile and a half across Long Beach Harbor.

(Interesting, I tried posting a new reply, and all it does is add to my previous post. This is a very strange thing.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like I beat George. :emot-lwt:

Click!