• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 8/22/2023 at 10:28 AM, believeinHim said:

Is this sarcasm ? Are you being sarcastic ? 

Yes, a little.  (I do think a darker skin tone would be nice for whites, such as me)

On 8/25/2023 at 8:22 AM, Know Jah said:

racism is too deeply ingrained. Need Almighty God's help

Amen.  And even if humans overcome racism, there'll always be something else to hate . . . because of sin in the flesh.

On 9/3/2023 at 10:26 AM, choir loft said:

There is NO 'cure' for American racism.

Somebody wrote that Jesus is an answer.  Not true.

In African-American churches the congregations generally DEMAND that 50% of sermons be devoted to race issues NOT Biblical ones.

I've attended such services.  Have YOU attended any, dear reader?  

Jesus not the answer?  Of course He is God's one answer for all man's problems!  But I get your point - if we focus on ourselves and our things as the answer, it will always allude us.

And I did have the pleasure of attending an all black ekkelsia in Tampa a few years ago while visiting friends.  While out walking, I saw one of the head guys washing his car on the church property and he invited me.  So I showed up Sunday morning.  We had an awesome men's bible study, then a southern breakfast with everyone, then we all went into the chapel.  There was just the best, black gospel music from the choir and we were all stompin' our feet, clapping our hands and singing along!  Then the lead speaker bro gave a really good, Christ centered message.  I left feeling loved, warmed inside and fed (spiritually and physically).

Now that was just one experience, and perhaps they didn't talk race because I was there (the only other white person was a woman playing organ).  But, when we go to Tampa for a visit this winter, if I have the chance, I'd like to go back there!  There is one Lord and one Spirit.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,240
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

Our Lord is indeed the answer. If we cannot love brethren on account of the color of their skin, then we are not walking with Christ. We're walking after this flesh. 

If we judge a brother or sister according to their appearance, then we aren't walking with the Son of God. We're walking with who we used to be instead. 

I understand how matters such as these prove to be obstacles for some. To deny that is unrealistic and more than a little dishonest. I'm so glad that none of us know exactly what the Lord looked like when He walked in this world; we have Isaiah 53 to go by. According to what we read, He didn't appear remarkable in any way. 

The Roman Catholic depictions of Jesus are bunk... we can know that with a certainty. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

15 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I'm so glad that none of us know exactly what the Lord looked like when He walked in this world; we have Isaiah 53 to go by. According to what we read, He didn't appear remarkable in any way. 

The Roman Catholic depictions of Jesus are bunk... we can know that with a certainty. 

What!? You mean He didn't look like

Jesus images.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

What!? You mean He didn't look like

Jesus images.jpg

Graven images, the Bible says something about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

On 9/6/2023 at 7:02 PM, FJK said:

Graven images, the Bible says something about that.

Yes, don't worship them. Having a "picture" of Jesus Christ is not a sin as long as you don't pray to it.

Edited by Rick-Parker

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

A cure for racism in America preach the gospel ..the power of God unto salvation .

Close your eyes go color blind for Jesus . Called the new Heinz 57, variety  caught up raptured  

2 Corinthians 5:15-17 King James Version And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

On 9/3/2023 at 11:26 AM, choir loft said:

In African-American churches the congregations generally DEMAND that 50% of sermons be devoted to race issues NOT Biblical ones.

I've attended such services.  Have YOU attended any, dear reader?  They aren't exactly something that most white folks would be comfortable with experiencing.

Tradition aside, Black communities eat race issues for breakfast lunch and dinner - not to mention church services.

Everything has been put on the backs of white folks .... for years.

But there's an old axiom now forgotten, "it takes two to tango."

It takes two to have an argument and despite many whites' willingness to work toward resolution blacks generally REFUSE to do so.

Nothing will get better until the black community and the white community are willing to work together.......and that does NOT  imply that white folks shoulder all the burden and all the guilt, which they do to this day. (*)

Are there only two ethnic groups in America?  Why is all the noise about black issues?

Consider that if you dare.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS    MY ancestors came to America in the first decade of the 20th century.  MY ancestors weren't even living in the western hemisphere when slavery was the law of the land.  How is it that today the guilt of it is thrust upon US?  It's an example of black racism that IS tolerated in America.  Because of this the culture of racism in America will never be resolved.

Saying that "Everything has been put on the backs of white folks .... for years" is truly bizarre!  Black people were the slaves who carried the white man's burdens on their backs. -- as slaves!

Why not come down from the choir loft and join the congregation?  You might learn something!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

On 9/3/2023 at 11:26 AM, choir loft said:

I've attended such services.  Have YOU attended any, dear reader?  They aren't exactly something that most white folks would be comfortable with experiencing.

Tradition aside, Black communities eat race issues for breakfast lunch and dinner - not to mention church services.

Everything has been put on the backs of white folks .... for years.

But there's an old axiom now forgotten, "it takes two to tango."

It takes two to have an argument and despite many whites' willingness to work toward resolution blacks generally REFUSE to do so.

Nothing will get better until the black community and the white community are willing to work together.......and that does NOT  imply that white folks shoulder all the burden and all the guilt, which they do to this day. (*)

Are there only two ethnic groups in America?  Why is all the noise about black issues?

Consider that if you dare.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS    MY ancestors came to America in the first decade of the 20th century.  MY ancestors weren't even living in the western hemisphere when slavery was the law of the land.  How is it that today the guilt of it is thrust upon US?  It's an example of black racism that IS tolerated in America.  Because of this the culture of racism in America will never be resolved.

Part 2: saying "It takes two to have an argument and despite many whites' willingness to work toward resolution blacks generally REFUSE to do so" is so untrue I can't believe you or anyone else believes such garbage.  Have you ever heard of the civil rights struggle, Martin Luther King, the march on Washington, the Ku Klux Klan, etc?

Why not come down from your lofty (false) position and experience reality?