Finding myself through spirituality

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

My mother imposes certain standards that I cannot measure up to and often wish I could've become a better person in her eyes. I generally blamed school and other personal issues on the situation. However, I understand that I should not allow my past to discourage me from living a fruitful life in Gods name. I pray that until the lords coming I will put aside these differences and continue to serve God. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

1 minute ago, blessings from above said:

My mother imposes certain standards that I cannot measure up to and often wish I could've become a better person in her eyes. I generally blamed school and other personal issues on the situation. However, I understand that I should not allow my past to discourage me from living a fruitful life in Gods name. I pray that until the lords coming I will put aside these differences and continue to serve God. 

@blessings from above It's good to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2).

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, blessings from above said:

My mother imposes certain standards that I cannot measure up to and often wish I could've become a better person

I failed in various professional things. Then I lived on purpose with outdoor homeless people, in order to see what could be done for them free of charge, with me as their Christian neighbor. But this did not set well with a number of church people and my mother. 

But when she was getting older, and I might be staying a while with her, I could be the one who finds her keys; and in that moment, that could mean a lot more to her, than if I was a successful multimillionaire and had a family at the other end of the country.

And now I am available to help my senior lady friend, since I never got "married" to a profession.

So, now I can be more personal with people, not answering to some ministerial or professional schedule.

So . . . do you stay with her?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,429
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 hours ago, farouk said:

@blessings from above It's good to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2).

Amen!  He (Christ) is it @blessings from above. . . the answer to everything, EVERYTHING including our every need!  He is the Way, the Reality and our Life.

I've found that in various challenges, big and small, I can say something like, "Lord Jesus, I just bring this to You.  You know all about it and You love me and You live right inside me. I am willing to be made willing in this area, so please work in me."

Then I just need to be patient, and trust He will work it out.  (and He does!)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, Vine Abider said:

Amen!  He (Christ) is it @blessings from above. . . the answer to everything, EVERYTHING including our every need!  He is the Way, the Reality and our Life.

I've found that in various challenges, big and small, I can say something like, "Lord Jesus, I just bring this to You.  You know all about it and You love me and You live right inside me. I am willing to be made willing in this area, so please work in me."

Then I just need to be patient, and trust He will work it out.  (and He does!)

@Vine Abider You mention patience: I do love the 'Therefore my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast....' of 1 Cor. 15.58, following on from the assured victory of 1 Cor. 15.57.......

• Thumbs Up 1