blessings from above

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Daniel provided an excellent example of how to stand firm in the faith and to not let sin intervene. His work with the lord allowed him to escape the burning flames of the fiery furnace. Those who chose to worship the golden statue and eat from the feast prepared would endure the consequences to come. Nebuchadnezzar would no longer reign as King and they would have to submit to rule under Daniels reign. That's another reason why dreams come in handy because a dream Nebuchadnezzar had that prompted him to end his reign as king.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, blessings from above said:

Daniel provided an excellent example of how to stand firm in the faith and to not let sin intervene. His work with the lord allowed him to escape the burning flames of the fiery furnace. Those who chose to worship the golden statue and eat from the feast prepared would endure the consequences to come. Nebuchadnezzar would no longer reign as King and they would have to submit to rule under Daniels reign. That's another reason why dreams come in handy because a dream Nebuchadnezzar had that prompted him to end his reign as king.

Dear brother - good day.

This is your second thread to mention Daniel in the fiery furnace.  Daniel was not in the fiery furnace.  Those would be Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.  The fourth man in the fire was the pre-incarnate Christ.

Daniel was in the lion's den.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

The fourth man in the fire was the pre-incarnate Christ.

When young I was taught, by my Church at that time in Sunday School, that the fourth man was an angel sent by God to protect them.

I've never really thought about it in any other sense, just never questioned it, where would I find scriptural references indicating it was pre-incanate Christ and not an angel?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

42 minutes ago, FJK said:

When young I was taught, by my Church at that time in Sunday School, that the fourth man was an angel sent by God to protect them.

I've never really thought about it in any other sense, just never questioned it, where would I find scriptural references indicating it was pre-incanate Christ and not an angel?

I was always taught that "angel" was reference to Angel of the Lord [Christ].

Daniel 3:25-29  =  "25 He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”

26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the door of the burning fiery furnace; he declared, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out, and come here!” Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out from the fire. 27 And the satraps, the prefects, the governors, and the king's counselors gathered together and saw that the fire had not had any power over the bodies of those men. The hair of their heads was not singed, their cloaks were not harmed, and no smell of fire had come upon them. 28 Nebuchadnezzar answered and said, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent his angel and delivered his servants, who trusted in him, and set aside[a] the king's command, and yielded up their bodies rather than serve and worship any god except their own God. 29 Therefore I make a decree: Any people, nation, or language that speaks anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego shall be torn limb from limb, and their houses laid in ruins, for there is no other god who is able to rescue in this way.”

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1