• Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, Waggles said:

That is only a fact for some not all.

Of course - only for those are born again!

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,064
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

BORN  AGAIN  

1 PETER 1:23  being born again not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible --BY  THE  WORD  OF  GOD-- which liveth and abideth forever 

--1:24--  for all flesh is as grass --AND  ALL  THE  GLORY  OF  MAN  AS  THE  FLOWER  OF  GRASS--  the grass withereth and the flower thereof falleth away

--1:25-- but the word of  THE  LORD  endureth forever and this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you

PHILIPPIANS 2:21  for all seek their own not the things which are  JESUS  CHRISTS  

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,671
  • Content Per Day:  12.13
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/2/2023 at 6:50 PM, bropro said:

Is there anything that can be done to correct the non-functional bypasses?

Gary

Been there; done that........

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 3/24/2023 at 6:12 PM, Marilyn C said:

Jesus said it wasn`t for them to know at that time.

As a dispensationist I believe the church age is 2,000 years and the kingdom age is 1,000 years. There is reason to believe that the church age began on the day of pentacost in the year 29 Ad. But the temple was not destroyed until 70 ad. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 3/22/2023 at 11:25 AM, Vine Abider said:

This morning in my "quiet time" (not always so quiet . . .) I considered what are the main facts that I should live by in this Christian life.  I came up with five facts that I can, so to speak, "take to the bank."  Here they are:

1. He loves us beyond measure!

2. He died to set us free!

3. He now lives in us!

4. My job is simply learning to let Him live and operate in and through me!

5. He will return soon in bodily form to fully manifest His kingdom on earth - with and through His saints!

PRAISE THE LORD - HE'S GOT THIS!!!  

:emot-highfive::clap::hurrah:

Shalom, Vine Abider.

These points are good ... as far as they go. However, there are certain qualifications that must be added to a few of them.

One might call "the Son of God," "Jesus Christ." I call Him by His Hebrew name and title, "Yeeshuwa` haMashiyach" or Anglicized a little for clarity, "Yeeshuwa` the Messiah."

Yeeshuwa` is a flesh and bones body (Luke 24:39) that ascended into the sky after His Resurrection (Acts 1:9-11). He shall come again at His Return, also called His Second Coming.

So, technically, HE doesn't "live in us." He said,

John 14:16-18 (KJV)

16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you ANOTHER Comforter, that HE may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

So, Yeeshuwa` the SON of God, said that He would ask His Father (YHWH God) to send them "another Comforter," whom we call the "Holy Spirit." It is HE who dwells within us since Acts 2 and the Day of Pentecost or Shavu'owt. However, He also promised, "I won't leave you without comfort, and I WILL COME TO YOU"; that is, He shall RETURN!

So, point 4 must also be slightly modified: 

4. My job is simply learning to let the Holy Spirit live and operate in and through me!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Vine Abider.

These points are good ... as far as they go. However, there are certain qualifications that must be added to a few of them.

One might call "the Son of God," "Jesus Christ." I call Him by His Hebrew name and title, "Yeeshuwa` haMashiyach" or Anglicized a little for clarity, "Yeeshuwa` the Messiah."

Yeeshuwa` is a flesh and bones body (Luke 24:39) that ascended into the sky after His Resurrection (Acts 1:9-11). He shall come again at His Return, also called His Second Coming.

So, technically, HE doesn't "live in us." He said,

John 14:16-18 (KJV)

16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you ANOTHER Comforter, that HE may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

So, Yeeshuwa` the SON of God, said that He would ask His Father (YHWH God) to send them "another Comforter," whom we call the "Holy Spirit." It is HE who dwells within us since Acts 2 and the Day of Pentecost or Shavu'owt. However, He also promised, "I won't leave you without comfort, and I WILL COME TO YOU"; that is, He shall RETURN!

So, point 4 must also be slightly modified: 

4. My job is simply learning to let the Holy Spirit live and operate in and through me!

Colossians 1:27 and Romans 8:10 and 1 Corinthians 6:17 all tell us Christ is in us. 1 Corinthians 15:45 says, "The Last Adam (Christ) was made a life-giving Spirit."  Dozens of verses support the idea that Christ is in us.  Some specifically equate the Lord with the Spirit such as 2 Corinthians 3:18.  This is just a few verses of dozens regarding this mystery, so not so easy when we try to separate Christ and the Spirit in us, and try to figure out who of the Godhead actually lives in us - see Romans 8:9-11 for verses showing all three of the Triune God live in us.

And a little addendum here - my point #4 states "My job is simply learning to let Him live and operate in and through me" . . . how do you know that by saying "Him" I wasn't referring to the Holy Spirit?

Edited by Vine Abider
Addendum