• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  413
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/23/2023 at 7:35 AM, FJK said:

"Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD. Don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you.".

So in view of this scripture, how should Christians view "interfaith"?  We know God's law to ancient Israel strictly forbade religious fellowship with the surrounding nations; is it the same for Christians?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

51 minutes ago, BibleStudent100 said:

So in view of this scripture, how should Christians view "interfaith"?  We know God's law to ancient Israel strictly forbade religious fellowship with the surrounding nations; is it the same for Christians?

No. The Great Commision has to be fufilled. We have to be prepared to get a bit dirty. The dirt will not invade us as we are sealed by the Spirit of the Most High.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.77
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

No. The Great Commision has to be fufilled. We have to be prepared to get a bit dirty.

I hope that isn't suggesting we should participate in their religions, blending other religious beliefs and practices with Christian ones?

That "Chrislam" thing the Pp[e seems to be moving us toward?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

50 minutes ago, FJK said:

I hope that isn't suggesting we should participate in their religions, blending other religious beliefs and practices with Christian ones?

That "Chrislam" thing the Pp[e seems to be moving us toward?

Please. When you quote me QUOTE ALL OF IT.  

"No. The Great Commision has to be fufilled. We have to be prepared to get a bit dirty. The dirt will not invade us as we are sealed by the Spirit of the Most High."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.77

7 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

"No. The Great Commision has to be fufilled. We have to be prepared to get a bit dirty. The dirt will not invade us as we are sealed by the Spirit of the Most High."

OK, I have.

Now:  I hope that isn't suggesting we should participate in their religions, blending other religious beliefs and practices with Christian ones?

Edited by FJK

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

10 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

YES

2Cor 6:14  Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 
15  What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 
16  What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 
17  Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, 
18  and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.”

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

Ephesians 5:6  Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 
7  Therefore do not become partners with them; 
8  for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 
9  (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), 
10  and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.