To let it go
Oh now, and so to fade away
 I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
Wide awake
I'm not sleeping
Oh, no, no, no

Put on Christ!

Romans 13:11-14 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.  Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

James 3:16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.

1 Thessalonians 5:4-10 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Edited by Mr. M
cosmetic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

The lyrics of the song seem to be about someone who cannot find rest, and you’re right, Mr. M…. Only in Christ (our Sabbath) can we find rest.  The restlessness described in the lyrics is, ironically, spiritual sleep, a very uncomfortable state in which to try to navigate this life.  

Mark 13:35-36  NKJV

35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/1/2023 at 2:11 PM, JustClay said:

The lyrics of the song seem to be about someone who cannot find rest, and you’re right, Mr. M…. Only in Christ (our Sabbath) can we find rest.  The restlessness described in the lyrics is, ironically, spiritual sleep, a very uncomfortable state in which to try to navigate this life.  

Mark 13:35-36  NKJV

35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping.

I know we are to watch all the time but I believe what He says in Mark 13:21-23 is what we are supposed to watch out for and that is not be "sleeping" when apostasy comes les we wind up following the crowd after the supernatural without testing the spirits thus assuming the event to be the Holy Spirit without proving or reproving them with the help of Jesus Christ by the word of God.

Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: 22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: 29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors. 30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

So to not be found sleeping and thus awake in watching is not to follow the crowd or chase after the Holy Spirit for a sign when He dwells in us since salvation by believing in Jesus Christ at the calling of the gospel since afterwards, the indwelling Holy Spirit is to lead us to keep our eyes on the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, because the Bridegroom is coming soon for the abiding bride.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, ChristB4us said:

I know we are to watch all the time but I believe what He says in Mark 13:21-23 is what we are supposed to watch out for and that is not be "sleeping" when apostasy comes les we wind up following the crowd after the supernatural without testing the spirits thus assuming the event to be the Holy Spirit without proving or reproving them with the help of Jesus Christ by the word of God.

Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: 22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: 29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors. 30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. 34 For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

So to not be found sleeping and thus awake in watching is not to follow the crowd or chase after the Holy Spirit for a sign when He dwells in us since salvation by believing in Jesus Christ at the calling of the gospel since afterwards, the indwelling Holy Spirit is to lead us to keep our eyes on the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, because the Bridegroom is coming soon for the abiding bride.

I agree that remaining spiritually awake will ensure that we remain faithful to our first love until He (Jesus) returns for us at the 7th trump.  To me, spiritual sleep is directly opposed to walking in the Light.  Spiritual sleep is the state that Satan would love for us to believe is a nice, comfortable place of compromise in which we can live in this world in peace, a place where our conscience never bothers us—just another one of his lies.  We are all at risk of slipping into that “comfy” state unless we stay connected to the true Vine, led by His Spirit.  The Spirit exposes (by indwelling and the written Word) the lies of Satan that “bomb” us on a daily basis.  To stay awake, we have to know the One we trust, just as He knows us. 

1 Timothy 4:1-2  NKJV

4 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,….

2 Corinthians 11:3-4  NKJV   

3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

Ephesians 5:8-11  NKJV

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 

Ephesians 4:29-30  NKJV

29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

May we all help each other stay awake and ever watchful! 

• Thumbs Up 1