• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  12.12
  • Days Won:  31

3 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Reading Malichi,  I think of John's baptism. And it continuing under Christ as his disciples, as he preached the kingdom of heaven to the people. The negative spoken giving way to the abundance of God's mercy. Sin increasing God's grace, through his faithfulness in his promises to us all. Christ's baptism of fire, in power to the Church of the firstborn, the Israel of God. He forever remembers his Covenant made with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He is faithful, praise God.

@Anne2 Thank-you for your comment.

As I see it, Malachi is not directly about the church at all, but abundant applications and parallels can be made with the situation of the pilgrim church, which morally and spiritually are similar to the pilgrim remnant of Israel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Anne2 Thank-you for your comment.

As I see it, Malachi is not directly about the church at all, but abundant applications and parallels can be made with the situation of the pilgrim church, which morally and spiritually are similar to the pilgrim remnant of Israel.

Well, I believe it concerns the baptism of John, Of repentance, And that continuing as Christ preached the kingdom of God. His disciples continued Making more disciples in baptizing the people. Christ baptism of fire, at Penetcost.

is 66:21  And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.
22  For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Christ increased John decreased.

Jn 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
2  (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

1 chr 16:15  Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;
16  Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
17  And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law (statute), and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,

again in the psalms

Ps 105: 8  He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.

Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac;
10  And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:

a covenant of mercy.....
Deut 7:7  The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8  But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
9  Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Edited by Anne2

I do find Malachi very searching and it seems that the character of the pilgrim remnant in the Old Testament finds a parallel in the character of pilgrim gathered companies of Christians in the New Testament.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/11/2023 at 7:00 AM, Ps37 said:

MALACHI 3:1
1Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah 40:3
A voice of one calling:
“In the wilderness prepare
    the way for the Lord[a];
make straight in the desert
    a highway for our God.[b]

@Ps37 I have also heard the term 'Angel of the covenant' applied to the Lord Jesus; have you also, maybe?

Edited by farouk

Hi @Jean1974 FYI..............thread I started on Malachi.......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

3 hours ago, farouk said:

@Ps37 I have also heard the term 'Angel of the covenant' applied to the Lord Jesus; have you also, maybe?

John was a priest, a son of Aaron.

Mal 2:7  For the priest’s lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
Luke 7:28  For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
29  And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
30  But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

10 hours ago, farouk said:

Not that I can recall.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ps37 said:

Not that I can recall.

@Ps37 If indeed Hebrews 1 speaks of angels as 'ministering spirits, sent to minister to them who shall be heirs of salvation', there is a sense in which the Lord Jesus is the most wondrous messenger of all: the Messenger and indeed the Message.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

1 minute ago, farouk said:

@Ps37 If indeed Hebrews 1 speaks of angels as 'ministering spirits, sent to minister to them who shall be heirs of salvation', there is a sense in which the Lord Jesus is the most wondrous messenger of all: the Messenger and indeed the Message.

Thank you for that! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I am convinced angels were sent to protect me before it was time for me to be placed into Christ and since as well.