IGNORED

Does God approve of a three time divocee to re-marry someone who never married but was in a 19 year relationship with the his childs mother.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Hi @1to3…  oh, “what tangled webs we weave” in this life! :(  Scripture has clear teaching on marriage and divorce, as you have pointed out.  Scripture also has clear teaching on repentance.  I have no way of knowing the hearts of this couple, and I pray they have turned with sincere repentance to Jesus.  The problem with past sin is that even though it may be forgiven, the effects linger.  In the case of this couple, reputation lingers.  While their come-to-Jesus testimony may prove valuable for some people struggling with their marriages (in the avoiding past mistakes category), most Christians would not trust it because it has not yet survived the test of faithfulness and time.  With Holy Spirit discernment, we choose our pastors with care and test them according to scripture.  Satan is busy deceiving many; but each of us is responsible for what we read and listen to.  We have the Holy Spirit to help us judge between truth and lies, but only God can judge the heart; and He’s not finished with any of us yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

1 hour ago, JustClay said:

Hi @1to3…  oh, “what tangled webs we weave” in this life! :(  Scripture has clear teaching on marriage and divorce, as you have pointed out.  Scripture also has clear teaching on repentance.  I have no way of knowing the hearts of this couple, and I pray they have turned with sincere repentance to Jesus.  The problem with past sin is that even though it may be forgiven, the effects linger.  In the case of this couple, reputation lingers.  While their come-to-Jesus testimony may prove valuable for some people struggling with their marriages (in the avoiding past mistakes category), most Christians would not trust it because it has not yet survived the test of faithfulness and time.  With Holy Spirit discernment, we choose our pastors with care and test them according to scripture.  Satan is busy deceiving many; but each of us is responsible for what we read and listen to.  We have the Holy Spirit to help us judge between truth and lies, but only God can judge the heart; and He’s not finished with any of us yet. 

Hello Just Clay thank you so much for your reply.

You have written and explained things clear, and
I agree with all that you mentioned.

And I think especially also in choosing which church we enter in agreement with,

as you said Satan is busy deceiving many.

And I agree each of us is responsible for what we read and listen to

and who we choose to  come into agreement with and sow into as well.

I posted a few month the question: would you stay in a church if you knew the pastor was a freemason.

For sure only God knows the hearts of a person, but when you SEE red flag(s) popping up,( things being said or happening going contrary to Gods Word) maybe it is wise to do more research, investigate further before getting oneself further involved, implicated in agreement with such a church.

And I mean it (sin) can seem so subtle. And that is how satan moves in within a church that is twisting Gods Word while allowing those in charge to continue living in their sin and not facing up to their sin(s) (because nobody questions them or those that do  question them are  very quickly silenced , and so because their is no church accountability to what they are doing the sin continues and effect also the congregation.

Th bigger danger I see are those ( are those folks who don't know yet enough of Gods Word that come into such a church and begin to partake, partner in agreement with them.

Because much of what they say will be truth but with subtle untruths that can only be detected by discernment from the Holy Spirit and knowing God Word to be able to quickly detect the deceit of sin.

In this post I bring up the question of adultery referring to Math 5 and Math19.

And from what I understand is that if you married divorced, or lived common law for many years and  left your partner for other reasons than adultery from your partner, and your former husband  or wife is still alive and then get yourself hooked up married once again with another, (from what Math 5 and ch19 says: you then cause your new spouse to be in a state of adultery.

When repenting and beginning new in Christ Jesus, yes God forgives but nevertheless we are left to assume the responsibility of the choices we made in our past,  be grateful for Gods forgiveness of past sins yet remain single and  not remarry ( until your first spouse passes away ) so to remain TRUE and OBEDIENT to HIS WORD.

That is how I understand it.

I have  found a christian pastor who has a sermon on this subject matter, and explains it much better than I can.  The following pastors view of ch5 ad ch19 I understand the same way.

title found on youtube:

The Truth About... Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

When did she became a Christian?  Before she married her now husband or afterwards?

One thing I should point out is Paul giving permission to allow the unbeliever to leave in regards to a believer being married to an unbeliever.

1 Corinthians 7:8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. 9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. 10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. 13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace. 16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife? 17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

I would discern that if an unbeliever leaves, the believer is allowed to marry if they cannot contain and wind up burning.

As for her expecting her members to tithe, no where in the New Testament are there any epistles exhorting the church to tithe but give instead as in what you give is between you & God and none of the church's business as the Lord loves a cheerful giver.

2 Corinthians 9:5 Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness. 6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:....15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Tithing would require you to give and sometimes, a church or ministry will promote a need for giving, but that should not be the motivation for giving for that would be like giving out of necessity.  Plus, there will be financial hard times where giving seems like it is forced on someone to give and thus do so grudgingly which is not good either.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.... 16 If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.

God loves a cheerful giver and so one should not neglect their household or families in distress when giving to the church.  If there be any leftover of what you would give willingly to the church after meeting the needs of family, then feel free to do so.

I do not know the woman or the situation well enough but we are to be lean on Him for discernment in proving all things..

2 Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

This is why no church nor famous preacher can replace Jesus Christ in being our personal Good Shepherd & Friend in helping us to follow Him.  A church or a preacher can lead someone astray but Jesus Christ & His words in the KJV will not when you trust Him.

So when you see someone astray, and taking advantage of people, pray for them as He taught.

Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Let me know when she had become a believer.  Unless the Lord helps you to discern the matter since you know more than I do, that is fine because I am relying on Him & His words for guidance in all matters.

Thank you ChristB4us,

I very much appreciate your having taken the time to reply and with content and scripture.

You  wrote it so well,and this is how I also understand it as well.

Thank you for sharing scripture to point how a christian should live and what we should be looking towards and striving for especially when choosing a church to follow and partake in agreement with.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Good morning  @JohnD  please place scripture down in reference to what you are saying.

John 8

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/3/2023 at 9:26 PM, 1to3 said:

I would like to hear the christian opinions from folks on here  and hopefully with scripture to back up there point of view.

are there any?

Try the opening verses of Romans 7............

8 hours ago, JohnD said:

Good morning  @JohnD  please place scripture down in reference to what you are saying.

8 hours ago, JohnD said:

John 8

Thank you John for giving the story of the woman caught in the act of adultery and the Jews who caught her where trying to stone her until Christ Jesus came and said :who is without sin cast the first stone, and because everyone has sin in them, each  one dropped the stone and walked away. then Christ Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery that NOW she was free and  to keep being free from being in the state of SIN to SIN NO MORE lest a worse  happens.

So Yes God says He forgives Adultery,  WITH repentance=Turning AWAY FROM SIN

Math ch5 and ch19 do not contradict John ch8

In the gospel of Math ch5, 19  explaining the sanctity of marriage, to be married to ONE wife, ONE husband and if you choose to leave the marriage other than the grounds of adultery, that you should NOT re-marry but remain single at least until your first spouse passes away. Because there is Sanctity in Marriage,vows where taken that are binding and to be respected

Paul continues to explain the sanctity of marriage  and of the vows taken that bind the couple together as one, that if you decide to overlook this and re-mary anyway, you are placing your new husband or wife in a state of ACTIVE adultery.=Actively sinning

So we need to understand the context of John 1 and Math5 and 19.

If you look closely they do not contradict one another they work together.

Gods Word is flowing with purpose for those walking in Christ Jesus :to walk Holy as He is Holy.

Thank you for taking the time to present a bible verse of Johnch8

witch does not give the woman caught in  ACTIVE adultery licence to sin again but rather  to put away sin by sinning no more lest something worse happens.

Edited by 1to3
orthograph

57 minutes ago, farouk said:

I would like to hear the christian opinions from folks on here  and hopefully with scripture to back up there point of view.

are there any?

57 minutes ago, farouk said:

Try the opening verses of Romans 7............

Thank you Farouk giving Romans ch7 as reference.

The Word of God works together, the gospels and Pauline Epistles like Romans work together, they do not contradict the meaning of intent, the four gospel Math, Mark Luke John  explain into clarity the meaning and intend of Gods Word

Yes those redeemed by  The Mercy and Grace of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus have receive Mercy & Grace when we come into repentance to Him as Holy sacrifices for His Mercy and Grace and give our lives over to Him but that does not give us  FREE licence to go on sinning, as Christ Jesus told the woman at the well, you are free but go and sin no more lest a worse sin befall you.

Look to Romans ch12:1

12. [1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

If we understand Grace as giving us licence to sin and keep living in sin than we are deceiving out own selves.

Look to 1John ch1

Edited by 1to3

• 4 weeks later...

From the answers given, I can SEE those who are looking for the slippery slide away from Gods Word to suit their carnal wants and look for ways to discard some bible scripture that would otherwise condemn their actions.

I am also relieved to see and appreciated those who wrote understanding the danger of disobeying Christ Jesus and Gods Word willingly.

Especially when placing oneself in the context of being a Bible believing Christian ministry, one has to be a shining example of being obedient to His Word

Today there are so many claiming they are a bible believing christian ministry, while at the same time they continue to live a very worldly lifestyle.

We as Christians are called to be separate from the world.;

2 Corinthians 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.And will be a Father unto you, ...

Romans 12:2:

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

But if you look closely, you see them some claiming to be bible believing ministries preach only certain passages while avoiding others that would show they are in error.

I see many false christian ministries on line , who are leading many astray with their teachings.

Gods Word has not changed. It remains until all is accomplished.

If you say you love me Christ Jesus said: be obedient to my word.

To be obedient to His Word seems to be something many overlook, yet Christ Jesus did not change, is the same yesterday today, tomorrow.

All of Holy Scripture is to teach , convict  reproof....

2Tim. 3 Verses 16 to 17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

John 14:15- Christ Jesus said:

“If you love me, you will obey my commandments. I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, who will stay with you forever.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

From the answers given, I can SEE those who are looking for the slippery slide away from Gods Word to suit their carnal wants and look for ways to discard some bible scripture that would otherwise condemn their actions.

Was this topic a test, my friend? A test to determine if others meet with your approval or not? It would be good, then, if you stated as such in your OP. 

Beware the slippery slope of judgment. According to the words of the Lord,

“Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you." (Matthew 7:1-2 NASB)

Also, "Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand" (Romans 14:4 NASB), and

Do not slander a slave to his master,
Or he will curse you and you will be found guilty.

(Proverbs 30:10 NASB)

Religiosity is every bit as carnal as a life of wanton sin. The harsh judge who shows no mercy toward others shall be judged in kind by the Son of the living God. Be mindful of that. 

• Well Said! 1

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Was this topic a test, my friend? A test to determine if others meet with your approval or not? It would be good, then, if you stated as such in your OP. 

Beware the slippery slope of judgment. According to the words of the Lord,

“Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you." (Matthew 7:1-2 NASB)

Also, "Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand" (Romans 14:4 NASB), and

Do not slander a slave to his master,
Or he will curse you and you will be found guilty.

(Proverbs 30:10 NASB)

Religiosity is every bit as carnal as a life of wanton sin. The harsh judge who shows no mercy toward others shall be judged in kind by the Son of the living God. Be mindful of that. 

@Marathoner

No this was not a test.

It was a most sincere question concerning a real situation that has puzzled me for months.

There are many false christian ministries today. And it is important to seek His Word to be able to discern what is false from what is truth.

If actions from a ministry do not align with what Gods Word says, then we know it is not approved by God either.

There are to many diluted christian ministries that will lead many astray.

If we can no longer discern  right from wrong by aligning ourselves with the standards of what Gods Word says, then we have fallen far away from Him and don't even realize it.

Isaiah 5:20 

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

I know you don't understand me, I know your dislike me and really do not understand me since always, and have always tried to find fault in the sincerity of my actions here on worthy, even when I tried to be of help and encouragement to you when you were under a different name here on worthy and were in deep states of hurt . I have seen you many times miss judge my intentions,  when I am only trying to understand Gods Word so to live clearly by them. If anyone is doing the judging it is you on me as you have always done.

God knows my heart heart and he knows my intentions are to find and live faithfully by His Word and Truth.