IGNORED

When will the Judgment Seat of Christ (BEMA) occur?

FreeGrace

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  310
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

OK, so you don't want (or can't) define either.

If you say so.

3 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

I don't have an opinion of those verses.  I know what they mean.

Ok, please explain them...

Romans 8:29-30 ESV
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. [30] And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

3 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

However, I just throw my buck-two-ninety-eight in here: it occurs to me that some of this might be negated if pre-tribbers, mid-tribbers and post-tribbers were open to seeing the possibility of distinct multiple harpazo events (therefore all views are right to some degree).

Jus' sayin' :group-hug:  Carry on . . .

I really have no dog in the race when it comes to the 'harpazo event(s)'.

Edited by chesed

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, chesed said:

I really have no dog in the race when it comes to the 'harpazo event(s)'.

But isn't that one thing that defines pre-mid-post tribbers?

Edited by Vine Abider
typo

41 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

But isn't that one thing that defines pre-mid-post tribbers?

Perhaps, but it doesn't define me, as I am more of a

For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

kinda guy

Edited by chesed
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, chesed said:

Right, it's just that eisegesis ia an inferior way than exegesis when it comes to hermeneutics.(method of interpreting Scripture)

Each of us are to rely on the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Good Shepherd to guide in the way we ought to go by His words through the Holy Spirit in us. 

Thank you for sharing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,458
  • Content Per Day:  8.12

FreeGrace said: 

OK, so you don't want (or can't) define either.

If you say so.

Because you either don't want to or can't.

Ok, please explain them...

Romans 8:29-30 ESV
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. [30] And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

v.29 says that God has predestined all believers to be conformed to the image of His Son.  And all will be, when they receive a body just like His.

v.30 obviously no believer has yet been glorified, as that will occur at the resurrection of all believers.  But Paul was so convinced, he wrote all 3 verbs in the past tense, to show that from the moment of justification, all the justified will be glorified.

If you disagree, pleasae explain why and how.

2 hours ago, ChristB4us said:

Each of us are to rely on the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Good Shepherd to guide in the way we ought to go by His words through the Holy Spirit in us. 

Thank you for sharing.

If all we need is His Word and Spirit, why did He put teachers into the Body of Christ?

Ephesians 4:11-12 NASB95
And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, [12] for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;

Edited by chesed

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Because you either don't want to or can't.

Fine. First of all you called me a Calvinist, since I don't ascribe to infant baptism or Covenant theology, that would make you as one who jumps to conclusions, deceived, or an accuser of the brethren. Now would you like to clarify what you meant by calling me a Calvinist?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,458
  • Content Per Day:  8.12

31 minutes ago, chesed said:

Fine. First of all you called me a Calvinist, since I don't ascribe to infant baptism or Covenant theology, that would make you as one who jumps to conclusions, deceived, or an accuser of the brethren.

Do you subscribe to TULIP?

31 minutes ago, chesed said:

Now would you like to clarify what you meant by calling me a Calvinist?

Your posts remind me of what Calvinists think.  

Do you subscribe to TULIP?  A simple yes or no will suffice.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  956
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, chesed said:

If all we need is His Word and Spirit, why did He put teachers into the Body of Christ?

Ephesians 4:11-12 NASB95
And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, [12] for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;

This is why;  since we love Jesus, we would feed His sheep edifying in His love.

John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

But in all things, whether it be in the church or outside the church, whether it be in science or in the media entertainment arena, we are to prove all things by Him so we do not get led astray by any thing whether it be in or outside of the church.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

1 John 2: 18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. 29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

25 Brethren, pray for us.