IGNORED

Israel and the US - A God-ordained alliance?

RyaninZion

Guest shiloh357

And yaknow...Zola Levitt mentioned how England was anti-semitic until people were actually allowed to read the Bible and understand it for themselves.

Well, Rehoboam and Jeroboam never did get along.

If we are talking about idea that England and the Anglso Saxons are the "lost tribes," it is pure myth.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
actaully he was making reference to the CHAINS LITURGY put on people, before King James had his version written.

unfortunately anti-semitism never left Europe, and the KJV has many issues with translation verbiage....

No that is not what he said. He said this:

This reminds me of the Anglo-Israeli theory. Perhaps it is not as farfetched as some think it is.
I don't see how you get the "KJV" out of that. He is referring to the lost tribes ending up in England and the old myth that the Anglo Saxons are at least part of the northern tribes.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Gosh! I have to read the replies to my post to find out what I said. :thumbsup:

Shiloh is correct, my reference was to the "old myth" of the ten "lost" tribes.

Shiloh, how old? I have read JUDAH'S SCEPTRE AND JOSEPH'S BIRTHRIGHT

by J.H. Allen published in 1902. Is there something older?

I sure would like to see a debate on this topic. One that I would not have to enter, just read. :)

Guest shiloh357
Gosh! I have to read the replies to my post to find out what I said. :thumbsup:

Shiloh is correct, my reference was to the "old myth" of the ten "lost" tribes.

Shiloh, how old? I have read JUDAH'S SCEPTRE AND JOSEPH'S BIRTHRIGHT

by J.H. Allen published in 1902. Is there something older?

I sure would like to see a debate on this topic. One that I would not have to enter, just read. :)

Old is a relative term. To me, 1902 qualifies as old. There is not substance to it. Unfortunately the Anglo/Israeli myth has led a great deal of anti-Semtism as it has been expressed in the British/Israelism and "Identity" cults who believe that the Anglo-Saxons are the true Jews, and the Jews living in Israel are imposters. It is pure poppycock and should be rejected by any thinking person.

Old is a relative term. To me, 1902 qualifies as old. There is not substance to it. Unfortunately the Anglo/Israeli myth has led a great deal of anti-Semtism as it has been expressed in the British/Israelism and "Identity" cults who believe that the Anglo-Saxons are the true Jews, and the Jews living in Israel are imposters. It is pure poppycock and should be rejected by any thinking person.

Oh, Shiloh, how I love those phrases, "It is pure poppycock and should be rejected by any thinking person."

If I accepted it, and I don't, I would not be a thinking person. :thumbsup:

Still, there are parts of it that seem to beg for answers.

For example, the scarlet thread of Gen.38. The story is told but we read nothing more about it. Why did Moses (God) devote such a lengthy description if there is no meaning to it?

And here I had said I wouldn't enter into a debate.

My best,

Art

Guest shiloh357

Oh, Shiloh, how I love those phrases, "It is pure poppycock and should be rejected by any thinking person."

If I accepted it, and I don't, I would not be a thinking person. :thumbsup:

Still, there are parts of it that seem to beg for answers.

For example, the scarlet thread of Gen.38. The story is told but we read nothing more about it. Why did Moses (God) devote such a lengthy description if there is no meaning to it?

And here I had said I wouldn't enter into a debate.

My best,

Art

What does the scarlet thread have to do with whether or not Anglo-Saxons are true Jews? The whole Anglo/Isrsaeli myth is just that, myth. It has no basis in scripture and no basis in true history.

Shiloh, have you read JUDAH'S SCEPTRE AND JOSEPH'S BIRTHRIGHT?

Edit to add this:

I checked my copy of the above and found copyright renewed in 1917. I re-read the preface and the appendix. Nothing about Allan getting his material from some other source.

Edited by Old Timer

Guest shiloh357

Edit to add this:

I checked my copy of the above and found copyright renewed in 1917. I re-read the preface and the appendix. Nothing about Allan getting his material from some other source.

Herbert W. Armstrong plagurized from Allan, and Armstrong has been soundly refuted. Herbert Armstrong was also a believer in the Anglo-Israelism. Allan does not stand in good company. Anglo-Israelism is just another attempt by the enemy to deligitamize the Jewish people in the eyes of the world.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Edit to add this:

Herbert W. Armstrong plagurized from Allan, and Armstrong has been soundly refuted. Herbert Armstrong was also a believer in the Anglo-Israelism. Allan does not stand in good company. Anglo-Israelism is just another attempt by the enemy to deligitamize the Jewish people in the eyes of the world.

Anglo-Israelism is a load of old rubbish,fantasy not history. Same fantasy about finding the "lost tribes" that lies behind Mormonism and Rastafarianism. The "America is a chosen nation" idea is also a silly unhistorical fantasy common in powerful countrie and Empires, but soon abandoned when those countries looose their power. The USA is no more or less a chosen nation than the UK, France, India, Japan, Cameroon Guatemala or Tonga.

Anglo-Israelism is a load of old rubbish,fantasy not history.

we finally agree on something. Mark this date on the calendar!

But every nation is "chosen" for something. I agree that Americans tend to think that God owes us something...and that is a mistake.

The only nation He promises to personally watch over is Israel. Any nation, including America, who crosses them has touched "the apple of His eye"