IGNORED

Gotta Love Simple/Summarizing Verses: "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb"

Vine Abider

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,499
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

This morning in my weekly brothers' breakfast gathering, we were conveying faith into one another about some simple truths.  The first was regarding the Lord's all efficacious blood.  His blood paid it all, so there is now zero condemnation to us!  When we fall, we don't have to try and analyze and fix it and somehow make this ol' flesh better (we can't). We have the right to just realize that His blood paid the price, look to Jesus and get back up!  What an encouraging liberty!!! :hurrah:

It's as simple as that!

One verse that really summarizes this fact is found in Revelation 12:11, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony and they loved not their soul-lives unto death."  What a great summary of the Christian life! So it all begins with realizing the power in the blood of Christ to shut the mouth of the Accuser and reject ANY & ALL condemnation. And then in the next part of the verse, we witness and testify of this marvelous fact and we don't love what we can do (which is basically nothing) but rather love Him and His works!  This is the true and victorious Christian life! :clap:

We further fellowshipped about how, based upon the power of His blood and the confidence (aka: trust, hope, belief, faith) we have that He loves us AND He is able AND He will do all He's said He will do - therefore we have the ground to rejoice always, pray without ceasing and in EVERYTHING give thanks (God's will for us as per 1st Thessalonians 5:16-17).  Why?  HE'S GOT THIS AND WILL DO IT ALL ABOVE WHAT WE ASK OR THINK ACCORDING TO HIS POWER OPPERATING INSIDE US! :emot-highfive:

Praise the Lord oh ye saints in the light!

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,270
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

When we fall, we don't have to try and analyze and fix it and somehow make this ol' flesh better (we can't).

Hmm. No, we can not add anything to the power of the blood.
Not 'have to' is grace. But what about the want to?

4 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

What an encouraging liberty!!!

It's as simple as that!

Tell me your secret!  :unsure:  Don't believe I've met have a sinless person, and (all)sincere believers struggle to overcome, IN Christ.
I recently got caught up in a tiny temptation that escalated instantly. I literally had to flee. Constant battle.
Not to feel proud, but to glorify the Father.     "If you love me" keep.........

Yes, I know Christ did it all, and I am kept by the power of his blood, No condemnation, he loves me no matter.
But the flip side of the sealed security, the want to....

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed,
rightly handling the word of truth."

I understand your point VA, and am glad you reminded me. But I'm still in the race.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

The devil accuse saints in front of the Throne day and night and they will face horrible trials like Job. 

Only the true saints are targeted, not the people of this world.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,499
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, Sower said:

Hmm. No, we can not add anything to the power of the blood.
Not 'have to' is grace. But what about the want to?

Tell me your secret!  :unsure:  Don't believe I've met have a sinless person, and (all)sincere believers struggle to overcome, IN Christ.
I recently got caught up in a tiny temptation that escalated instantly. I literally had to flee. Constant battle.
Not to feel proud, but to glorify the Father.     "If you love me" keep.........

Yes, I know Christ did it all, and I am kept by the power of his blood, No condemnation, he loves me no matter.
But the flip side of the sealed security, the want to....

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed,
rightly handling the word of truth."

I understand your point VA, and am glad you reminded me. But I'm still in the race.

I just know that when things seem complicated or confusing, my source is not in Him.  But when I am walking in Christ, things become much simpler and clearer!

• Thanks 1