IGNORED

How important is the existence of demons to you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,378
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

A strangely worded question.

If demons do not exist, then the Bible is a lie. In that sense, "the existence of demons" is very important.

Demons exist, and we should take them seriously - or at-least be aware of their existence and their strategies. But we should not take them so seriously, as to allow them to distract our attention from fellowship with God. 

I personally question the wisdom of becoming overly focused on "spiritual warfare". Learn to keep our peace and faith in God; keep worshipping God and growing in Biblical maturity, "submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7) - that is the true 'spiritual warfare' (IMO).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

5 minutes ago, Tristen said:

A strangely worded question.

If demons do not exist, then the Bible is a lie. In that sense, "the existence of demons" is very important.

Demons exist, and we should take them seriously - or at-least be aware of their existence and their strategies. But we should not take them so seriously, as to allow them to distract our attention from fellowship with God. 

I personally question the wisdom of becoming overly focused on "spiritual warfare". Learn to keep our peace and faith in God; keep worshipping God and growing in Biblical maturity, "submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7) - that is the true 'spiritual warfare' (IMO).

@Tristen Yes; strangely worded question.

Good and relevant verse there from James.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 5/12/2023 at 5:24 AM, Dave-regenerated said:

If demons really do exist, how important would their existence be to you out of 10?  1 to 10.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

it is important to know how demons work against people. I wrote details in your other thread - What is spiritual warfare like?

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Demons do work without getting tired. They will flee not because there tired but know it’s useless when we resist the temptation or the trials. They will observe us for a long time to find any weaknesses. Then attack that weakness.We have to know our own weakness and faults and be aware of any attacks on it. If it’s anger the demons will try to get you angry by someone or something. Find out what can make you angry. And pray for help. But always know your enemies and there strategy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/11/2023 at 1:24 PM, Dave-regenerated said:

If demons really do exist, how important would their existence be to you out of 10?  1 to 10.

Thanks

Demons are real. Jesus said they are real, so anyone who doubts demons is calling God a liar. I'd give a score of 8 because although God is in control, demons definitely influence people ( even Christians )  and its a huge mistake to think they have no power or don't interfere in peoples lives. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

13 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Demons are real. Jesus said they are real, so anyone who doubts demons is calling God a liar. I'd give a score of 8 because although God is in control, demons definitely influence people ( even Christians )  and its a huge mistake to think they have no power or don't interfere in peoples lives. 

I don't know why I wrote "if demons exist" to begin with.  I have experienced them directly, and even seen them with my eyes.  God allowed me to see them I think, because ordinarily that doesn't happen much.  

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

What’s far more important than anything is that we understand the three man camaraderie of the world, flesh and devil. 

The devil, also known as satan, uses the world to tempt the flesh (man’s sinful nature) and succeeds more often than not because man, in and of himself, is far weaker than he wishes to believe he is. Many men are unwilling to come to terms with the inherent weakness & utter dependence they were created to have on something higher than he (God).    

Satan’s top priority in the world today is to keep people “in” the world (and consequently, out of the word) as much as possible so that people remain in a state of blind delusion. Satan hopes to keep people properly distracted/consumed with the affairs and activities of this life so that he can prevent them from adequately thinking about the fate that awaits them in the next. Any man who serves the world and has any portion in this life, will assuredly be told to depart from the Lord when He returns.  

As far as the word goes, satan will try to prevent you from reading it; if you’re reading it, he’ll try to keep you from truly believing it; If you’re believing it, he’ll try to keep you from obedience.

These powers are lethal, and man is feeble, not equal; thats why we are to pray that the LORD GOD delivers us from evil. 

Edited by AnnaGrace