• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/11/2023 at 5:46 PM, JohnD said:

What I found most confusing and -{appearing}- to be contradictory was traditional supposition about the Trinity rather than simply accepting what scripture says. "The Trinity is like... (fill in the blank) " opens he door to confusion and contradiction. Even the late great D. James Kennedy got it wrong subscribing to the "God is not 1 + 1 + 1 but 1 x 1 x 1" error (which is modalism / sabellianism). ← example of 1 x 1 x 1 = 1 is to hold up the same finger three times. It's the same finger.

Giving into the temptation to "God is like..." the closest things I have found which describe similar examples are: 

One family unit (a unity of plurality) same thing with one corporation.

The three spatial dimensions of the one universe.

The make up of a human being except in that we are tripartite (three parts body, soul, spirit) whereas the one God is three full individuals of divine nature.

Again, accepting what scripture teaches is the purest concept of the Triune nature of God. But these examples (though imperfect) don't break down as quickly as do the 1 x 1 x 1, or the parts of an egg (shell, white, yolk), or the tri-point of water (steam, liquid, ice) examples do.

John 1:1-2 God with God in the beginning at the same time

1 John 1:1-2 / Genesis 1:1-2 who God was with in the beginning.

God is one (Deuteronomy 6:4 etc).

Loving everything you post. JohnD. Thank you. I use all the scriptures you do, but without results, so I tend to use everyday illustrations, the same as Jesus did.   

One of my favourites is to use the creator of the Ford Motor Company, Henry Ford. He changed his appearance, adopted a new name, and began work on the shop floor while chatting to everyone, eating and drinking with them. Then one day he returned from whence he came. All the time, he was the One Creator of his worldwide company. If you had told people, they would not have believed you until they met him face to face as he truly was.

He had been only a name, but when he came among them, they saw him in the flesh.

Edited by Truswell
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

It saddens me that people read this, even using it to support their erroneous view, but seem unable to understand the Father and the Son are the one creator God.

1 Corinthians 8:5–6 (KJV)
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.