Fathers and stepfathers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

This was  based on an actual post I saw a man make.whay do you think ?

FB_IMG_1684420721582.jpg

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

I would say that if her father visits her, then he has not totally abandoned her. 

You might learn something, by discovering how she has so bonded with him, that she wants him to give her away.

Or, is she doing it as a principle, of honoring her father? 

In case she has a Christian . . . Bible-based . . . reason that she wants to honor her father because God's word says to do so . . . this can be good, and yes God can use this. 

Of course, I see how we could say you have functioned as a real father to her. It could be seen like you are her born-again life's father with all things new . . . you being her new dad. 

And yes Jesus says >

"For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.'" (Mark 3:35)

So, it is possible, that Jesus does not see her natural father as being her real father. 

But . . . how about your wife? Possibly, she is the one whom God would use to handle this; after all . . . if she is a Christian example and good role model . . . this can be a thing for her mother to share with her about . . . so you would do well to trust her: show your daughter how you value your actual relating ongoing with your wife, more than what might amount to a momentary gesture.

And receive and feed on however your daughter does appreciate you and has benefited from you.

And you might be more concerned about if her fiancé is more like her natural father or more like you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Might have been an actual post, but I do not think it to be an actual situation. Seems contrived to me. If it were real I would not have any opinion  regarding it as it would be none of my business. 

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Might have been an actual post, but I do not think it to be an actual situation. Seems contrived to me. If it were real I would not have any opinion  regarding it as it would be none of my business. 

Then why bother commenting that you wouldnnt comment? Kinda pointless dont you think?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Then why bother commenting that you wouldnnt comment? Kinda pointless dont you think?

I think it to be an informative response, that this was likely not a real situation, but is  instead just as you posed it a post by someone, somewhere.

Not everything is equally "worthy"of consideration just because it is presented to us as though we should do so. The world is full of ministers of distraction that love to provide distractions from the mission of the elect of God away from being witnesses set about and sent about to be  sharing testimony of Yeshua being Lord God and personal savior.  

One family's social interaction, even if real, is something for them to work out without any opinion needed from others. There just is no right nor wrong in such situations, in all situations the Christian is to do all that they do to the glory of God, loving God and being kind to one another.

Hope that helps you.

21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I think it to be an informative response, that this was likely not a real situation, but is  instead just as you posed it a post by someone, somewhere.

Not everything is equally "worthy"of consideration just because it is presented to us as though we should do so. The world is full of ministers of distraction that love to provide distractions from the mission of the elect of God away from being witnesses set about and sent about to be  sharing testimony of Yeshua being Lord God and personal savior.  

One family's social interaction, even if real, is something for them to work out without any opinion needed from others. There just is no right nor wrong in such situations, in all situations the Christian is to do all that they do to the glory of God, loving God and being kind to one another.

Hope that helps you.

Actually. No. Theres a response and  Bible verse that can be applied to our lives even as christians in our interactions with  each other and the unsaved. So I'd not be as dismissive of something like that. Theyre all opportunities to learn