• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.34
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.01
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

This happened literally blocks from where I live (country blocks). Not only that, but also this is right along one of my walking routes, including passing over the creek bed they mention. I'm thinking about Daniel.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-northern-az/prescott/aggressive-mountain-lions-euthanized-near-prescott-after-reported-pet-attacks

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15
  • Days Won:  0

There are cougars around where I live in northern New Mexico, and there are more in Colorado than here.  It's just a fact of life, but it helps to be aware and cautious.  They are not friendly animals!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,335
  • Content Per Day:  2.78

Its a shame they could not put them one of the 6 N. Forest in Arizona all over a million acres each.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.34
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.01
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

2 minutes ago, NConly said:

Its a shame they could not put them one of the 6 N. Forest in Arizona all over a million acres each.

Yep. A lot of people were unhappy, but they claimed a repeated aggressiveness toward pets, (and of course fearlessness) toward their owners. Apparently they had been relocated before but returned. You should see the landscape along Gail Gardner Blvd on Google earth and you will see homes and businesses nestled a midst an ideal cougar habitat.

1 minute ago, Mr. M said:

Yep. A lot of people were unhappy, but they claimed a repeated aggressiveness toward pets, (and of course fearlessness) toward their owners. Apparently they had been relocated before but returned. You should see the landscape along Gail Gardner Blvd on Google earth and you will see homes and businesses nestled a midst an ideal cougar habitat.

Well Im thinking two of those forest are over 2million acres, if that shot those lions with a drug ad placed them by Helicopter in the middle that may not venture to the edge of 2 million acres, but that's just me I rarely agree with big business or government.

fine example our local hospital owns the ambulance service in two counties hear where I live. The hospital has billed and collected all ambulance fees not paid by insurance for some years so they had a record of who paid and who did not. Recently they decided to switch to a billing company. But before the billing company takes over in order to make things right with the money the hospital decided to turn all ambulance customers over to a collection agency; not just the unpaid bills all. Now we have to prove to a collection agency how and when we paid the fee. Mine was two years ago which to a while to find where I had paid. imo only the unpaid should have been turned in to the collection agency.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Nothing a winchester  44 magnum lever action rifle cant fix. 

1 minute ago, HAZARD said:

True If no other choice I would use my Lever action 44 if need be. I think they had a choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Especially if one wants to go to prison.  I would check the game laws where you live if I were you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, JimmyB said:

Especially if one wants to go to prison.  I would check the game laws where you live if I were you.

Better judged by 12 then carried by 6...besides in most states, mountain lions being aggressive gives you the right to defend yourself.

In my state if you see a mountain lion within like 50 feet of you, you are legally allowed to shoot it as it can be assumed if it's that close, it's hunting you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

In my state -- New Mexico -- there are various rules and regulations, including...

Bag Limit: The bag limit is two cougars. No spotted kitten(s) or any female accompanied by a spotted kitten(s) may be taken.

Mandatory Cougar Identification Course NMDGF requires all cougar hunters to successfully complete a cougar identification course. The cougar ID number is issued upon successful completion of the course through your NMDGF online account.

Landowners, lessees and/or their regular employees are not required to have a license to kill any cougar that has killed domestic livestock or presents an immediate threat to human life or property. Any person taking such action must report the incident to NMDGF within 24 hours.

Dog use is not allowed on wildlife management areas (WMAs) or to pursue cougars during September 1-24 bow seasons. Dogs use is allowed to hunt cougars elsewhere during hunts for any legal sporting arm. When dogs are used to hunt cougars, the licensed hunter who harvests the cougar must be present continuously from the time any dog is released.