Not biblical but still makes alot of sense

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever heard a saying which while not in the bible, still makes alot of sense and you ascribe to? Let's share-

Nothing positive happens in a bar (taken from a Christian book on proverbs) Meaning, some places have nothing good going on there, so no sense bothering to go. This is helpful when Im invited out places by  unsaved friends that christians generally dont go.

Not my circus , not my monkeys- Some issues while  you may not agree with, in the end arent yout business. Eg a fellow christian sinning should be in love confronted, but if its a certain choice which doesnt break the bibles rules , just not something you think you should do, I may not be worth raising a big stink o- eg music choices in churches. Alot of christians could learn from that imo.

D o you want to learn or do you want to be right- Sometimes we want to argue issues often spewing nonsense , blocking a chance to learn something new and develop, just because we cant swallow our pride and concede being wrong.Something I picked up that has helped in discussing issues

Any more

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

39 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Have you ever heard a saying which while not in the bible, still makes alot of sense and you ascribe to? Let's share-

Nothing positive happens in a bar (taken from a Christian book on proverbs) Meaning, some places have nothing good going on there, so no sense bothering to go. This is helpful when Im invited out places by  unsaved friends that christians generally dont go.

I definitely agree with this, Definitely agree with this.

Not my circus , not my monkeys- Some issues while  you may not agree with, in the end arent yout business. Eg a fellow christian sinning should be in love confronted, but if its a certain choice which doesnt break the bibles rules , just not something you think you should do, I may not be worth raising a big stink o- eg music choices in churches. Alot of christians could learn from that imo.

This would depend if you believe that it stirs up demons or not, Or if it or loud noises bother you. 

If loud noises bother you, And cause you anxiety as well as busy places with too many people, This is either an illness or it is stirring up demons, Or both. It depends in this case. This is not a clear case. 

D o you want to learn or do you want to be right- Sometimes we want to argue issues often spewing nonsense , blocking a chance to learn something new and develop, just because we cant swallow our pride and concede being wrong.Something I picked up that has helped in discussing issues

Any more

More over, I sometimes want people to learn from me, And More often, I am not understood. 

More often than not, I am not understood. So, That is a problem for me. Whether or not I am right is moot, If no one even understands. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Bible parallel: "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace;
When he shuts his lips, he is (considered) perceptive." Proverbs 17:28

• Brilliant! 1

When people tell you who they are the first time....BELIEVE THEM.

Bible parallel:

Luke 6:45

45 tThe good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces uevil, vfor out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

I had a rude awakening that taught me this.  I had an attractive coworker and was smitten. She casually admitted to  lying to a family friend who was a customs officer to get some items in through the port. I was troubled at first, but stupidly blew it off because she was attractive. Within a few months of working together, we were mortal enemies. Part of the problem was she repeatedly lied over casual, petty things, even after she was told the truth about issues, she would retell  the lies to people. Looking back, I realised, the fact that she casually admitted to lying, shows that it was no big deal to her and thus a fundamental part of her character.

You may be the sweetest peach on the tree, but some people dont like peaches. You may be the most rotten peach on the ground and there are people who are into that.

This helped because Id try really hard to win over  people who didnt like me by being nice, helpful  and was unsuccessful. And then be puzzled when such people would just  want to be best of buds to the rudest, most inconsiderate people whod treat them like dirt. Learning this made me realise , dont strive to win over people. Be myself and youll naturally gravitate to people and not to waste my energy on people who dont appreciate me.

• Interesting! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The Lord helps those who help themselves ... is a common saying.  The thought comes in ... a farmer can't expect to receive a harvest if he doesn't plant seed in his field!  ;)

On 6/13/2023 at 10:19 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

Actually some of my best conversations about Jesus took place in bars. Just saying.

I could find a treasure in shark infested waters, it still doesn't mean it's wise to swim there 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

I could find a treasure in shark infested waters, it still doesn't mean it's wise to swim there 

People do that all the time. The successful ones are the ones who are trained and properly equipped to do so.

8 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

People do that all the time. The successful ones are the ones who are trained and properly equipped to do so.

But it still doesn't make it wise

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

13 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

But it still doesn't make it wise

For most of the successful one, it is...some make quite the living.

Not saying your right or wrong, just that you may need a better analogy.