IGNORED

I feel like I should have a whole separate wardrobe for Corporation Errands, and For the Southern ,and Church of Christs' around here. I consider the Southern and Church of Christs' My Home Churches ~ Fundamentalist are my Home Churches.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,218
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like I should have a whole separate wardrobe for Corporation Errands that need to be ran, And For the Southern Baptist Church, and Church of Christs' around here. I consider the Southern Baptists',

and the Fundamentalist and the Church of Christs' to be My Home Churches.

I do feel as if you are supposed to dress appropriately for the place you are going, And it is not appropriate to wear a knee length skirt at Walmart, Unfortunately. Walmart does not seem the friendly place to women in knee length skirts.

I don't know what to do, I have a whole separate wardrobe for Corporation errands that need to be run, And for Southern Baptist and Church of Christs' which feels like my home Churches. :43:

Edited by believeinHim

I am feeling pressured at Corporation Errand running, To "Undress" , a little bit, and look 'cuter' when I am Corporation Errand running. I was not raised in the Southern Baptist religion, and my clothing has never fit in with the mainstream, But my clothing also does not fit in with the Southern Baptists' Church, Either. 

I am feeling pressured, To dress down, and to doll up, when I run errands with my parents. I want to do this modestly, And I don't know how. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

21 hours ago, believeinHim said:

I have a whole separate wardrobe for Corporation Errands that need to be ran, And For the Southern Baptist Church, and Church of Christs' around here. I consider the Southern Baptists', and the Church of Christs' to be My Home Churches.

I do feel as if you are supposed to dress appropriately for the place you are going, And it is not appropriate to wear a knee length skirt at Walmart, Unfortunately. Walmart does not seem the friendly place to women in knee length skirts.

I don't know what to do, I have a whole separate wardrobe for Corporation errands that need to be run, And for Southern Baptist and Church of Christs' which feels like my home Churches. :43:

@believeinHim Well,for decades hem length conventions have moved like a yo-yo, right?

So to say anything really hard and fast...is itself hard.

I know in some churches they seem to frown on visible tattoos and piercings. (Depends how 'in your face' they really are, I suppose....)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

23 hours ago, believeinHim said:

I do feel as if you are supposed to dress appropriately for the place you are going

It is appropriate to dress smartly when going g 5o church and to follow a workplace dress code, but I've  never heard of a cheap supermarket app.ying a fashion code to its customers.

Ignore looks from staff who don't  like how you are dressed and if approached ask where are the public notices informing customers of the stores dress code.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

2 hours ago, Who me said:

It is appropriate to dress smartly when going g 5o church and to follow a workplace dress code, but I've  never heard of a cheap supermarket app.ying a fashion code to its customers.

Ignore looks from staff who don't  like how you are dressed and if approached ask where are the public notices informing customers of the stores dress code.

You don't get it. I am feeling the pressure because I am attracted to them. Conflicted between a Conservative, Jewish~ey, Approach to Modesty, Southern Baptist~ey, etc, Which I think is two different things,

And an Old Fashioned, Updated, Honest to God's, American Girl way of Loving. A bit Confused, Too.

I Love the Dollar Trees, and Walmarts around here, Especially around here. If you have to have it with it, as well, Paramount is the better option. Paramount is definitely the better option. [Though still not great,],

I love the stores around here. Not always, but usually.

Edited by believeinHim

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,633
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Perhaps you are out seeking the wrong thing in the first place.

Even in my time there were the trollers showing their bait. Yes back in the 1950's. Things haven't changed anymore than the bait itself has changed.

I fell instantly in love for a Girl Scout in her green Girl Scout uniform with it's sash and badges galore adorning it. She walked past my parent's house. I said, whoa who is that? Turned out she was my little sister's Girl Scout leader a 16 year old gal that lived three houses away.  

I turned my whole life around for her,  set goals for myself, gained a career, courted and married her. We were together a half century before death did part us.

The moral of the story?- Be you. Don't try to be the common bait floating down the stream, be you. God has a plan for each of us, that does include you. Be you and wait upon God for guidance as to what you are to be doing in all matters.

• 1 month later...

On 6/21/2023 at 12:34 PM, Who me said:

Hi. I do not feel like they are , 'cheap'. Some of the workers around here I recognize, and are very attractive. I believe it is appropriate to dress appropriate for each different place you are going. I would look ridiculous grocery shopping in a knee length dress. I would also look out of place, and disrespectful of the church to walk in to a Fundamentalist Baptist Church in shorts, Of any length shorts. Any length shorts in a Fundamentalist church would inappropriate and disrespectful.

I love my wardrobe, and I love dolling up and doing makeup, {Modestly}, I love taking care of my skin and doing makeup modestly, and sparingly, But I am having a problem with the way in which we run errands, And the way in which the church expects of me.

I live in an area that is a constant push pull, Between staying a nice area, And dragging it down in to a not so nice area. It is a lower middle income kind of area. I also live in a constant push pull of the threat of HUD housing, and basically starving to death and not having enough money to survive.

I am disabled, And I love the stores around here. If I were to have to live in HUD, I would basically have nowhere to go anymore. There is nothing of value to do, And nowhere to go in a cheap neighborhood. 

So, I love the stores around here, And I do recognize some of the long time workers there, Which I love, But also then feel pressure from to look cute and not so, Church ey ~ like. I like to feel cute in front of a cute worker. Errands is one of few things I have the energy to get up and go do most of the time.

I love it when I recognize a long time worker that has been there for a long time, But it is also pressure ey peer pressure ey, 
And embarrassing at the same time. Loll. 

I have to run errands, And do the stuff that needs to be done for and around the house, And it is one of few things I can muster up the energy to go do. Looking appropriate, and cute enough is important to me. Looking appropriate for where I am going is important to me. Especially looking appropriate when there is an attraction on my part, To some of them, Is really important to me. :D;):t2::43:

I used to work for one of the establishments. I love them. I love the department stores, And the cute and frilly things. I absolutely love them. :D;):t2::43:

Edited by believeinHim

• believeinHim changed the title to I feel like I should have a whole separate wardrobe for Corporation Errands, and For the Southern ,and Church of Christs' around here. I consider the Southern and Church of Christs' My Home Churches ~ Fundamentalist are my Home Churches.

I should edit this. This should say, "I feel like I have a whole separate wardrobe, I feel like I should have a whole separate wardrobe",

This should be edited to I feel like I should have. I have one hanger hanging on my door that I would like to put one beautiful dress one

However the dresses made in America are not modest, usually. This should say, I feel like I should have a whole separate wardrobe. I'm reality, I have room for one modest, Antique~eylike shop dress.

Edited by believeinHim

I actually have no money for this type of wardrobe. I have one hanger on the door for one dress, That I would prefer to be for my wedding dress. I was wanting to save it for a special dress for a special someone, or for my wedding day or something. 

Since that is not happening anywhere I can see, The only other thing would be I would want to put one modest length dress from one of these shops, With sleeves. I don't have the money for even one, But I do buy all of my other clothing on easy pays, and flex pays. I do buy all of my other clothing on easy pays, and flex pays. There is a way to do it with this, but I am afraid to try it, I don't know how and don't want to sign up for it, either. I have space for one modest dress, Everything else has to be practical enough to run errands in. Errand running is the only thing I have the energy for, most days. There is not really any quality churches near us, And the one that is is just a bit too far for walking or scootering. 

My dream has been to live in a one story model house in the neighborhood right by it. It has not come true. Ever. I have space for one dress, Is basically what I am saying. Everything else has to be practical enough for errands. Loll. :unsure::(:wacko:

Edited by believeinHim