• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.29
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.74
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

21 hours ago, Mr. M said:

How are we to find and live a balanced Christian life?

Philippians 4:15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, 

no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only.

As I highlighted in the verse, there is a balance that must be maintained in giving AND receiving. Across Christianity there is volumes written on the value of giving, of sowing, and of stewardship with finances. I would propose that there is a need for more instruction on receiving. There are those in high places in the Church in particular who have been brought into destruction by their willingness to receive gifts and donations that should not have been accepted. This requires wisdom "from above".

Edited by Mr. M
amend text

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

@R. Hartono, @Piata, @Philologos, @Neighbor;

Here is the question being presented, and a couple of proposed scriptures to apply.

Thanks.

‘A balanced life…’ What are we balancing? If it’s God “and-” …whatever follows “and” is what makes one’s life out-of-balance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.29
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.74
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

1 minute ago, Philologos said:

‘A balanced life…’ What are we balancing? If it’s God “and-” …whatever follows “and” is what makes one’s life out-of-balance.

Paul's instructions found in 1 Corinthians 7 would be an excellent example.

32 But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord. 33 But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife. 34 There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband. 35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

On 6/25/2023 at 8:16 AM, Philologos said:

As a former jw, I can say that the division in families is not caused by choosing between Christ and family, but between The Watchtower Publishing Company and your family members who reject their doctrine & rules. There is no similarity between jw’s and scripture. 

I intentionally instilled in my kids to ‘love Jesus more than you love me, because He’ll make you able to love me more.’ By comparison, I’d rather my kids ‘hate’ (love less) me and focus their whole being on loving Him. If there comes a day they ever have to make a choice, they’ll know to choose God without hesitation. 

Yes! I think back to love God and love thy neighbor. I failed at both because I didn't truly love God or I would have lived by His commandment. 25 years later tribal warfare has developed for just about anything which blows my mind. How do you love your neighbor as much as God loves you?  I think America needs healing.