• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

6 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Believer112 This was the title or similar to a book by Torie Clarke, who served as an Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs at the US Department of Defense. It basically described what she thought of journalists, but also underlined the need to be nice to them publicly.....

As of late, I've learned to love my neighbor. So I think every human being or creation deserves genuine love. God is helping me identify my tribalism in beliefs. The information we receive shapes us and can confuse us thru propaganda. It's not the person's fault for who they are but the evil system of information creating this confusion. Peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

3 minutes ago, Believer112 said:

As of late, I've learned to love my neighbor. So I think every human being or creation deserves genuine love. God is helping me identify my tribalism in beliefs. The information we receive shapes us and can confuse us thru propaganda. It's not the person's fault for who they are but the evil system of information creating this confusion. Peace

Good attitude. Interesting perspective.

• Group:  Senior Member

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Inheritance? An inheritance  is a nice thing to receive. Doesn't much matter how it gets used it is still a nice thing to have received.

Regardless of any earthly source of gain, my own prefect provision comes from God alone. God's provision is always perfect for me. It may not be what I may have thought I needed or wanted, but as has been shown to me, in the light of the history of my own personal awareness, it has  always been perfect.

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/four-truths-about-gods-provision

10 minutes ago, farouk said:

Hebrews 1 is a great exposition of the theme of inheritance....

I'm just trying to imitate the Lord and He wouldn't expect me to love my kids any less. After all a Good man leaves an inheritance to his grandkids. Knew about it but didn't realize it till I had grandkids. Another thing I realized was my ignorance of health and the economy. Research you'll find the enemy.

1 minute ago, Believer112 said:

I'm just trying to imitate the Lord and He wouldn't expect me to love my kids any less. After all a Good man leaves an inheritance to his grandkids. Knew about it but didn't realize it till I had grandkids. Another thing I realized was my ignorance of health and the economy. Research you'll find the enemy.

@Believer112 Congrats. on your new found grandchildren! I'm sure you keep praying for them.

Just now, farouk said:

@Believer112 Congrats. on your new found grandchildren! I'm sure you keep praying for them.

It's a trip! God has given me a glimpse of Agape, Praise the Lord! 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Believer112 said:

It's a trip! God has given me a glimpse of Agape, Praise the Lord! 

@Believer112 Indeed.........

(Great header verses there also...)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Believer112 said:

I'm sorry if you were offended but you can't deny the last 20 years. I will not put lipstick on a pig. An honest reflection on history will show you the truth. How did lies become normal? Peace

I guess I haven't made myself clear on what you are claiming here.  What does the last twenty years have to do with people my age taking the SOLE blame for the sins of the world?

This is what you have been claiming, right?  That the devil has run amuck because of people born between 1946 and 1964.  That no other generation has any sin?

13 hours ago, farouk said:

I guess I don't strictly take the historicist view of the Letters to the Seven Churches of Asia; after all, while Laodicean lukewarmness is certainly around overwhelmingly today, yet it was there also in Laodicea in the first century............

Yes, there were always fence riders. It matters today to me in a spiritual sense how could I be so cold in resisting the devil's lies. This lunacy didn't start overnight. Peace

3 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Lol I like this and agree "It's the article here  - "the".  You said in your title that us boomers are "THE" lukewarm generation.  That's insulting and a lie."

See when we read Rev 1-3 we just don't see "generations". "If" I believe it is, the last days then "we" are the lukewarm "if" we look at the seven Churches in "ages". Since we don't know its just speculation.

Who doesn't like to read Christ praising some Church and thinking "yep... I knew that was my Church, its me He's talking about" haha. 

Tell me how we aren't before calling me a liar. What issues are we Hot with? No man with a rational mind as a Christian can say we are moving society in a Godly way. We have kids in their 30s cant you imagine 20 years from now if we continue sitting on our hands? I can see the future just by the way we are acting today. You'll have to do your own study in the last days. I find it fast approaching. Peace 

5 hours ago, Jayne said:

I guess I haven't made myself clear on what you are claiming here.  What does the last twenty years have to do with people my age taking the SOLE blame for the sins of the world?

This is what you have been claiming, right?  That the devil has run amuck because of people born between 1946 and 1964.  That no other generation has any sin? 

We happen to be a large generation of Christians and I can only speak to what I've observed and I can't pawn blame on anyone else. When did the media start its rash of lies?  Now openly lying politicians and media with no Christian organization holding them accountable. Or maybe were too dumb to recognize the lies. BTW, we are all sinners. Peace