IGNORED

Don't be fooled by just going to church.

bdavidc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

On 7/3/2023 at 2:29 PM, Jayne said:

While I agree with you, I will have to add.  A Christian should DESIRE to be involved with a Godly and active church.

They MUST read their Bibles to even know if what is being preached and taught is the truth.  But don't throw the church away.

@Jayne Acts 2.42 activities are indeed a blessing for the believer....

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I would say it is more like Acts 17:10-11

Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/3/2023 at 2:38 PM, believeinHim said:

On the Contrare, I think for awhile I am going to entertain the possible go to church, and not own a Bible. I didn't say not read a Bible, I said not own one of my own.

I suggest this for me, And quite possibly for other people like me. I do not recommend this for everyone. God Bless. :101:

Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” 
~ Matthew 15:14

On 7/10/2023 at 8:58 AM, bdavidc said:

Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” 
~ Matthew 15:14

@bdavidc Good verse there!

Advice from the Apostle Paul also: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2 Timothy 3.5).

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16

3 hours ago, farouk said:

@bdavidc Good verse there!

Advice from the Apostle Paul also: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2 Timothy 3.5).

It is important to quote Scripture in context...

2 Timothy 3:1-5, "You must understand this, that in the last days distressing times will come. For people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unfeeling, implacable, slanderers, profligates, brutes, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to the outward form of godliness but denying its power. Avoid them! "

I hardly think that this describes people who attend church, hear God's word and its interpretation, and try to live their lives by Christian values.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82

Romans 10

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

seems this is the Key

On 7/17/2023 at 11:56 PM, NConly said:

Romans 10

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

seems this is the Key

Great passage there, @NConly......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

Romans 10

seems this is the Key

Yes, This is verse is key. Lean not unto your own understanding. Believe in Jesus with all your might, and all your soul. If you want to go to church for fellowship, and emotional support. Whether or not you read or have a Bible is moot. How far you go with it, is moot.

Trust in the Lord with all Your might, and lean not unto your own understanding. People who are persecuted in to not having a Bible are still Christians.

Believing that Jesus is Your Savior is what makes you Saved. :101:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

Romans 10

seems this is the Key

It is getting harder and harder to secure a Bible without an internet trail of it. This is a form of persecution in my eyes. If it isn't persecution, Then it is intimidation.

It is getting harder and harder to secure a Bible without an internet history of purchasing one. The Christian bookstores, and bookstores in general,

This is a form of persecution to me. People who are persecuted in to not privately owning their own Bible, From a Private Establishment, Bought and Paid in a Private like Setting, Or who are intimidated out of purchasing one from the internet with it being the only option,

They are still Christians. People who are persecuted or intimidated out of having a Bible, or people who choose to not have a Bible, they are still Christians.

If you go to Church, and are gifted a Bible in person, and in Private, this may be the only way.

If you go to church, Someone might gift you a Bible in a private way, Or perhaps the Church maybe might have their own bookshop, But the last I checked, they don't anymore. People who are intimidated out of purchasing a Bible, are still Christians.

Jesus, I Believe in You.

Edited by believeinHim
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.82

30 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

It is getting harder and harder to secure a Bible without an internet trail of it. This is a form of persecution in my eyes. If it isn't persecution, Then it is intimidation.

It is getting harder and harder to secure a Bible without an internet history of purchasing one. The Christian bookstores, and bookstores in general,

This is a form of persecution to me. People who are persecuted in to not privately owning their own Bible, From a Private Establishment, Bought and Paid in a Private like Setting, Or who are intimidated out of purchasing one from the internet with it being the only option,

They are still Christians. People who are persecuted or intimidated out of having a Bible, or people who choose to not have a Bible, they are still Christians.

If you go to Church, and are gifted a Bible in person, and in Private, this may be the only way.

If you go to church, Someone might gift you a Bible in a private way, Or perhaps the Church maybe might have their own bookshop, But the last I checked, they don't anymore. People who are intimidated out of purchasing a Bible, are still Christians.

Jesus, I Believe in You.

Everything one buys on credit card is stored and or sold to others. There is also when you pay cash they ask for your phone number.

A while back some were wanting a list of gun owners. well when one buys a gun from a gun shop they call the FBI to make sure you do not have anything on you prevent from owning one; If a guy lives on west coast and has a charge of domestic violence moved to another state the FBI has that on file to prevent you from buying a gun in another state. many encounters with police are reported to FBI that one would think should not be reported.