Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  2

We are warned in 1 Timothy 4:1 “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, anddoctrines of devils;”

Also in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;” 

The falling away from the faith above mentioned by Paul has to do with the saints of God being overcome by all the lies and deception of the Devil by way of his spirit, which is the spirit of a lie.

This spirit of a lie is also shown as the false prophet spirit which works in many deceivers. As many false prophets and teachers were foretold to come into the world like a swarm of locusts from hell, and darken the Light of the Truth in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Paul was playing off the words of Jesus when he referred to “that man” and the “son of perdition” in the above verse. But this is not to be misunderstood as a being single individual man yet to come in the future like Judas, but rather it speaks of thesin nature of man, and 7 other wicked spirits (mystery of iniquity) being embraced by the world, and also embraced by many in the man-made church system.

These 7 seducing spirits and doctrines of devils would enter into the man-made church system, thereby causing many to play the Harlot with the ways of the world; and thereby also making them desolate of good works, and naked by sin. 

Notice how Jesus refers to a whole "wicked generation" as “a man” and “ that man” (like Paul said) here in Matthew 12:43-45 “When the unclean spirit is gone out of "a man", he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that manis worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this "wicked generation.”

This is “the mystery of iniquity,”and of the revealing of that man of sin by the falling away from the faith.

Now notice the wording Jesus used showing the “last state of that man” referring to a whole wicked generation compared to Peters words concerning this same "falling away" in 2 Peter 2:20-22“For if after they have escaped the pollution of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.”

Many of the saints being overcome is also shown here in Revelation 13:7 “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and "to overcome them": and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.”

So this spirit of deception and lies would also overcome many of the saints as is also confirmed here in Daniel 7:21 “I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;”

That horn is the tail of the red Dragon, which speaks of the spirit of a lie working in all the false prophets of the world. This spirit of a lie was foretold to practice and prosper in the world, and also cast the truth and also some of the host of heaven to the ground. 

So was Paul talking about a single man in 2 Thess. or a single "evil spirit" and also 7 other "seducing spirits" 
working in a whole “wicked generation”like Jesus said?

Well if you read the whole chapter in 2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 you will see this truth is shown…“And then shall "that Wicked" be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after "the working of Satan" with all power and signs and lying wonders,

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness "in them" that perish; because "they" received not the love of the truth, that "they" might be saved. And for this cause God shall send "them" strong delusion, that "they" should believe a lie: 12 That "they all" might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” 

Clearly Paul was talking about more than one single individual man in the above verses using words like “in them, them, they, and they all.”

But what about the term “son of perdition?”

It speaks of the same thing, as was first shown in Judas (one who broke bread at the Lords table) who also "sold out the Truth" for a pocket full of silver. Just as the firstborn Esau "sold his birth right inheritance" for some red pottage.(symbolizing sin) 

Look at what Peter had to say about the “son of perdition.”

Peter goes on to quote scripture concerning Judas, (son of perdition) in the Psalms Acts 1:20 “For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.”

Now, in order to confirm my point about there being more than one “son of perdition” or son who goes into destruction, let’s look at the Psalms from where Peter was drawing this from.

In Psalm 69 we see this same language used in verse Psalm 69:25 “Let "their" habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in "their" tents.”

Notice the Psalm says“their” as in more than one. As a matter of fact, if you read the whole Psalm the Lord is speaking of many, like in verse 4 the Lord says “they that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head”.

The Lord repeatedly uses the words “they their, and them”, in the Psalm just as Paul also used the same language in 2 Thess 2:10-12 describing the man of sin, (lawlessness) and son of perdition.

Now let’s confirm the same message in another Psalm which speaks of what Peter quoted also in Psalm 109:8 “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.”

Now that sounds more like what Peter was quoting from when he said in Acts 1:20 “Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take” Which this does speak specifically about the single man Judas. (Which has already been fulfilled as Jesus noted in John 17:12.)

But let’s now look at that Psalm in the greater context of what is being said.

Psalm 109:1-13 “Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise; 
2 For the mouth of “the wicked”and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue. 3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.6 Set thou a “wicked man”over him: and let “Satan”stand at his right hand.7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer 
become sin.8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let “them”seek their bread also out of their desolate places.11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following "let their name be blotted out.”( more than one)

So though him was referring to the single man Judas in this Psalm, as both Jesus and Peter confirmed. I believe it is very clear that Paul was not talking about a single man yet to come, but rather a whole wicked generation who would fall away from following after the Truth in Christ, and also go into perdition just like Judas.

The war that was prophesied against the saints….

In Daniel 9:26 “And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of "the war" desolations are determined.

Many believe "this war" to be a physical war fought in a certain geographic location off somewhere in the distant future, but "the spiritual war for souls" has been ongoing for a long time now.

The "flood" prophesied is the flood of persecution and "lies" that came out of mouth of the serpent (Prince of this world) after Jesus Christ was caught to heaven, and the woman (spiritual Israel) fled into the wilderness as shown in Revelation 12:15“And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as "a flood" after the woman, that he might cause her to be "carried away "of the flood.

In Hebrews 13:9 we are told not to be "carried away" with divers and strange doctrines.

This war on the saints would not only be fought with carnal weapons by men, by the sword, by flame and by captivity; but this war also includes "spiritual warfare" by the Devil.

And it is also prophesied that many of the saints would be overcome and the beast would also prevail against them by this great flood of lies and false doctrine during this time period.

And that is what the Lord meant by desolations were determined unto the end of this war; as the Red Dragon and the beast would "make war" with the saints, and also with the Lamb as is also written.

Prior to the Messiahs first coming it was all the "abominations" that the children of Israel had done that brought forth "the desolation" of the temple mount and Jerusalem in 70 AD.

And it is much the same with the Gentile age and the world today as well. Many would be corrupted, and be "overcome", and lose their garments and "fall away" from the faith, thus making them "desolate" and naked.

We are shown this in Daniel 9:27 “….and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon "the desolate.” (God’s wrath is poured)

Being made "desolate" means they would become unfruitful, or barren of good fruit. As Jesus said we could not bear fruit except we abide in Him (the vine) and in His words. And so many would be "overcome" by the spirit of this world, and by the cares of this world, and by the tribulations of this world and as a result would also "fall away" from the faith. 

Just as this being made desolate by the ways of the world also comes by deception through false teachers as also happened to the children of Israel. 

Jeremiah 12:10 “Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a "desolate" wilderness.”

And this being made desolate is what we also see in the Harlot church system in Revelation 17:16 “And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the *****, and shall make her "desolate" and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.”

So those who would "fall away" by being in bed with the ways of the world would be made "desolate" and naked as shown here in Revelation 3:17 “Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:”

Nakedness in scripture symbolizes having your “sins exposed” like with Adam and Eve.

This falling away and warning of being made naked is also shown here in Revelation 16:15“Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk "naked", and they see his shame.”

The sign of the kings of the earth eating the harlots flesh and drinking her blood is the opposite reflection of the saints of God eating the flesh of the Lamb and drinking his blood. 

But the harlot’s flesh and blood is fornication and idolatry through covetousness, and the immoral ways of the world “AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH”; which also brings forth the wrath of God being poured out on "the desolate". 

Revelation 17:2 “With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”

This sign of the harlot being made "desolate, naked", burned and eaten was first shown in the false idol the children of Israel had made when Moses went up to the mount. Notice the steps involved after Moses went up to the mount, after the "likeness" of Jesus being caught up to heavenly mount and to God.

First the children of Israel would "corrupt themselves" by false idols Exodus 32:7“And the Lord said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have "corrupted" themselves:”

They would then be made "naked" for shame Exodus 32:25 “And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies”

And then the false idol was first burned and eaten, or drank Exodus 32:20 “And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.”

So the ashes of the false idol were mixed into the waters...

Revelation 17:15 “And he saith unto me, The "waters" which thou sawest, where the ***** sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. (sea of iniquity= Red Sea)

Revelation 18:4 “And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her", my people, that ye be not partakers of "her sins", and that ye receive not of her plagues.”

Her wine (blood) of her fornication leads to God’s wrath. Revelation 14:8 “And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of "her fornication".

Plagues (God’s Wrath) shall be poured out upon "the desolate".

Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the
presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

So this war is not only physical, but spiritual warfare, that wars against the soul...

1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from "fleshly lusts", which "war" against the soul;

Romans 7:23 "But I see another law "in" my members, "warring" against the law of my mind, and bringing me into "captivity" to the law of "sin" which is "in" my members."

James 4:1 From whence come "wars and fightings" among you? come they not hence, even of your "lusts" that "war" in your members?

So be not carried away by the flood of lies and false doctrines of men, which will lead the desolate into captivity and into the hard bondage of sin. 

Be good and be blessed, Peace.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

Keep in mind that we just finished celebrating "Pride" month, and many people and Churches calling themselves Christian joined in with the celebrating.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

The great falling away that Paul was referring to is the great falling away from believing that Jesus is the messiah.

That great falling away will take place when the prince who shall come is anointed the King of Israel messiah - and to many Christians it will look like the Jews were right all along.    And depart believing in Jesus.  They essentially become antichrists at that point.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

And if the man of sin stands on the temple mount and declares himself the Messiah or the Mahdi , will unknowing Christians receive or reject him.

More verses confirming the prophecy of the falling away from the faith….

1 Timothy 4:1 “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall “depart from the faith,”giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Matthew 7:26-27 “And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and “it fell:”and great was the fall of it.”

Matthew 15:14 “Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall “fall”into the ditch.”

Luke 6:39 “And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both “fall” into the ditch?

1 Corinthians 10:12 “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he “fall.”

1 Timothy 3:6 “Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride “he fall”into the condemnation of the devil.

1 Timothy 3:7 “Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest “he fall”into reproach and the snare of the devil.

1 Timothy 6:9 “But they that will be rich “fall into temptation”and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.”

Hebrews 4:11 “Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man “fall” after the same example of unbelief.”

Hebrews 6:4-8 “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall “fall away,”to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.”

Hebrews 10:38 “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man “draw back,” my soul shall have no pleasure in him.”

Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of them who “draw back”unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Acts 7:38-39 “ This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts “turned back”again into Egypt,”

Luke 9:62 “And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and “looking back,” is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Luke 17:32-33 “Remember Lot's wife.33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.”

Genesis 19:26 “But his wife “looked back”from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.”

Luke 8:13 “They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation “fall away.”

2 Peter 1:10 “Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, “ye shall never fall:”

2 Peter 3:17 “Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, “fall from”your own stedfastness.”

Revelation 2:5 “Remember therefore from whence thou art “fallen,”and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”

Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous “turneth away”from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 18:26 When a righteous man “turneth away”from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

Ezekiel 33:18 “When the righteous “turneth from”his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.”

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

2 minutes ago, Stewardofthemystery said:

More verses confirming the prophecy of the falling away from the faith….

1 Timothy 4:1 “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall “depart from the faith,”giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Matthew 7:26-27 “And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and “it fell:”and great was the fall of it.”

Matthew 15:14 “Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall “fall”into the ditch.”

Luke 6:39 “And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both “fall” into the ditch?

1 Corinthians 10:12 “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he “fall.”

1 Timothy 3:6 “Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride “he fall”into the condemnation of the devil.

1 Timothy 3:7 “Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest “he fall”into reproach and the snare of the devil.

1 Timothy 6:9 “But they that will be rich “fall into temptation”and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.”

Hebrews 4:11 “Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man “fall” after the same example of unbelief.”

Hebrews 6:4-8 “For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall “fall away,”to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.”

Hebrews 10:38 “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man “draw back,” my soul shall have no pleasure in him.”

Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of them who “draw back”unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Acts 7:38-39 “ This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts “turned back”again into Egypt,”

Luke 9:62 “And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and “looking back,” is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Luke 17:32-33 “Remember Lot's wife.33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.”

Genesis 19:26 “But his wife “looked back”from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.”

Luke 8:13 “They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation “fall away.”

2 Peter 1:10 “Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, “ye shall never fall:”

2 Peter 3:17 “Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, “fall from”your own stedfastness.”

Revelation 2:5 “Remember therefore from whence thou art “fallen,”and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”

Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous “turneth away”from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 18:26 When a righteous man “turneth away”from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Ezekiel 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

Ezekiel 33:18 “When the righteous “turneth from”his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.”

@Stewardofthemystery Searching verses there. Just goes to show how prayer and the Scriptures daily are vital for spiritual life: not that true spiritual life is lost among the truly born again, but we need to be filled with the Spirit.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,417
  • Content Per Day:  8.21
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Stewardofthemystery Searching verses there. Just goes to show how prayer and the Scriptures daily are vital for spiritual life: not that true spiritual life is lost among the truly born again, but we need to be filled with the Spirit.

The "falling away" clearly refers to the generalized move away from Scriptural truth.  A previous poster noted that the US just finished celebrating "Pride month" with many churches participating.  And you nailed the problem:  "we need to be filled with the Spirit".  But how many evangelical believers understand what this means?  Or HOW to be filled with the Spirit.  Many are rather confused and think being indwelt with the Holy Spirit IS the filling, which it is not?  And how many evangelical pastors even preach/teach about the need to be filled with the Spirit?  Much less HOW to be filled.

Yet, Paul warned about NOT "grieving the Spirit" in Eph 4:30 before he commands believers to be "filled with the Spirit" in Eph 5:18.  He also commanded belivers to "walk by means of the Spirit" in Gal 5:16, which is the same as being filled with the Spirit.  And he gave us the results of walking by means of the Spirit:  we will NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

And then Paul warned believers about "quenching the Spirit" in 1 Thess 5:19.  

So, we have the command to be filled with the Spirit, phrased two ways:  Eph 5:18 and Gal 5:16, and 2 commands to NOT grieve the Spirit or quench the Spirit:  Eph 4:30 and 1 Thess 5:19.  

How many evangelical pastors teach on any of these verses?

A culture of evangelicals that don't even understand any of these verses means that they have fallen away (from the truth).  They can't understand the truth of Scripture apart from the guidance by the Holy Spirit.  And when believers AREN'T filled with the Spirit, they ARE fulfilling the lusts of the flesh, and therefor ARE grieving and/or quenching the Holy Spirit.

• Loved it! 1

In the parable of the 10 virgins we notice 5 are called wise and 5 are called foolish.

The foolish took no oil for their lamps, but the wise took oil in their vessels to light their lamp. They were to await the Bridegrooms return, which represents the return of Christ.

The fact that they are all called virgins tells me they are all people of the faith in Christ.

Paul said in 
2 Corinthians 11:2
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

So these 10 were called to keep themselves pure for the Bridegroom, which is Christ.

Also all 10 had lamps, which tells me all 10 had Gods written words.

In 
Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

So the difference between the virgins was 5 wise had “oil in their vessels”and the 5 foolish had none, which then caused their lamps to go out.

The oil in this parable represents the anointing oil of the Holy Spirit which illuminates our eyes of understanding into Gods written words. 

In the law God gave many types and shadows in natural things to symbolize and foreshadow spiritual truths to be revealed later by the Spirit.

In the law golden olive oil was used to light the lamp that burned in the tabernacle of the congregation. This light was meant to stay lit continually in the tabernacle of the congregation .

This light represents the Light of the Lord, which is to burn inside the vessels of the Church.

The golden olive oil was also to be used to anoint the ministers of the Lord, for to sanctify and consecrate them.
Jesus said in 

John 17:17-19
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.”

There are 2 types of wisdom, there is the wisdom that comes from above by God, and there is the wisdom of the world.

It is written that God made “foolish”the wisdom of the world, which partly explains why the 5 without oil were called “foolish.”

It is the anointing oil of the Holy Spirit that illuminates our understanding in Gods words.

Paul said in 

Ephesians 1:17-18
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,”

So without the Holy Spirit you are left in the dark.

Paul said in 1Th 5:19 - Quench G4570 not the Spirit.

Notice the word Quench is the same as “gone out” in the parable.

Mat 25:8 - And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are “gone out.”G4570

In Revelation 2:5 Jesus said

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent”

These were those who had left their first love and had fallen back into sin. They were in danger of having their lights put out.

So keep the faith and keep those lamps burning bright.

Peace and God bless

Jesus said Matthew 5:13 “Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour,(G3471) wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.” 

When the salt loses its savour it becomes "foolish".

Notice the word usage in the phrase “lose savour” is also shown as “become a fool”, and to “make foolish” (G3471)

The KJV translates Strongs G3471 in the following manner: lose savour (2x), become a fool (1x), make foolish (1x).

And this is what happens when people listen to “fools” or the “foolish” doctrine of "carnally" minded men.

Romans 1:22 “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,(G3471)

1 Corinthians 1:20 “Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish (G3471) the wisdom of this world?

So now you know the difference between the 5 "foolish" virgins who had no oil,(Holy Spirit) and the 5 wise virgins who had the anointing oil of the Holy Spirit to lighten their lamps.

And we also now know why Jesus said the foolish salt that had lost his savour would be cast out, and trodden under foot of men.

It is written in Jeremiah 12:10 “Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

The foolish virgins had the written words of God, which are like a lamp, but they did not have the anointing oil of the Holy Spirit to "illuminate" their eyes of understanding in it.

They listened to fools instead, and became foolish; like the blind guides leading the blind.

Seek the Wisdom that comes only from above, and not the foolish wisdom of this world.

Peace and God bless