IGNORED

Tattoo Removal ~ ~ Ethics of Tattoo Removal ~ ~ Is it more Painful than Tattoos, And is it something a Christian at heart should Prayerfully Consider ? ? ?

believeinHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,635
  • Content Per Day:  12.17
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/1/2024 at 12:24 PM, Scott Free said:

can be used as a conversation starter

PS: @Scott Free My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also.

All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have talked seemed to have had them inked in as a conversation started in witness.

3 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

I had no idea she had em

@Renskedejonge

If the truth is known, so do so many other churchgoing women - and men.

..in the rural Bible Belt. Just about every person in three of the four sides of my family (bio parents, step parents) have multiple tattoos. Most of them are biblical (crosses between the shoulder blades are the most common ones) getting tattoos when your old enough is pretty much expected in the family.

source: reddit

FHII said:

I was told it was addictive, but for me it was not. .. I don't regret it..  Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor .. I am not ashamed of it, but it has no bearing on my salvation.  .. We got a lot of folks inked in our Church. Myself, the Pastor, his daughter and grand daughter included. Now, even my wife

christianityboard dot com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, farouk said:

All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have talked seemed to have had them inked in as a conversation started in witness.

Tattoos are an important identity signifier. They are a member of the Jesus Gang? why not, who am I to judge. I would rather speak through demonstration. People who rely too much on words are not threatening, just annoying.

39 minutes ago, farouk said:

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also.

John 3:16, the most beautiful thought ever written. How could she regret that kind of tattoo? A dim reflection of the real tattoo that adorns her inner self.

• Well Said! 1

18 hours ago, believeinHim said:

I have no problem with CBD oil, or CBD cream. Nor with CBD gummies, either. I also take several of my own medications. 

Yeah, I think psychiatrist are way too eager to give dangerous mind bending drugs to mild disorders that cause even more symptoms for them to label and treat. If I find something that is not industrial strength to self medicate a mild distress I will go for it.  

Edited by Scott Free

13 hours ago, Scott Free said:

John 3:16, the most beautiful thought ever written. How could she regret that kind of tattoo? A dim reflection of the real tattoo that adorns her inner self.

Hi @Scott Free

Like you imply, it's the transformation from the inner and spiritual testimony that speaks volumes in testimony.

There's also a lot of evidence that many Christian men and women that get inked up with faith based designs don't afterwards regret being tattooed.

Mayflower said:

"I think the pastor's wife has a faith tattoo.... quite a few in my church have faith based tattoos and my friend and I were talking about them....I've seen tattoos that have a lot of meaning like mine. I feel mine is special and thankful I got it. I haven't once felt guilty for getting it."

Heather A. said:

"I waited 5 years before getting it. .. Reno also has a lot of tattoo places. Carson City has a few. Most people travel to Reno or Las Vegas for it. .. I have 1 tattoo and I got it in Reno. .. I do have a cross tattoo. "

..in the rural Bible Belt. Just about every person in three of the four sides of my family (bio parents, step parents) have multiple tattoos. Most of them are biblical (crosses between the shoulder blades are the most common ones) getting tattoos when your old enough is pretty much expected in the family.

source: reddit

FHII said:

I was told it was addictive, but for me it was not. .. I don't regret it..  Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor .. I am not ashamed of it, but it has no bearing on my salvation.  .. We got a lot of folks inked in our Church. Myself, the Pastor, his daughter and grand daughter included. Now, even my wife

It seems even that some Christians who are tattoo-less even regret not having gotten tattooed years back with a Bible verse that would likely have given them a testimony tool:

FYI:

I think when I was a young Christian, a scripture or Christian art Tattoo would have helped me stake a claim as a Christian and made people aware early on. It would have helped sort out friends from the start. So I regret not having that as an option during that time. .. If I found myself in a similar situation to when I was young, I'd probably have a tattoo.

source: Dave L christianityboard dot com

I am not one of those Christians who have a problem with tattoos.. and if I was younger... I might even get a little one that says... IT IS FINISHED.

source: Addy christianityboard dot com

14 minutes ago, farouk said:

There's also a lot of evidence that many Christian men and women that get inked up with faith based designs don't afterwards regret being tattooed.

Random doodling is always a regrettable stain. If it represents an accomplishment or affiliation, that seems more inline with what tattoos were made for.

8 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

If it represents an accomplishment or affiliation, that seems more inline with what tattoos were made for.

@Scott Free

Some ppl think it's inappropriate.

Tattoos are unlady-like. That is why I would never have one.

source: Cachalot christianityboard dot com

Others actually think it's a real honor. A lot of ppl with whatever military connections they may have regard it as a real honor to go through with tattooing.

GillDouglas said:

My wife has talked about this possibility, but she has said she'd have a hard time deciding what to put permanently on her body. She has been urged by other military spouses to get one.

christianforums dot com

Decades back, some ppl might have tried to maintain a narrative that "nice young ladies don't get tattooed"......but actually in recent years and decades this is exactly what might indeed happen, in many cases, including among the most conservative in outlook:

juliannenw said:

I am a nurse in a cardiac ICU. I am also pretty heavily tattooed. I am a well educated, well rounded nurse, and was raised with strong morals and manners. .. I am an extremely traditional person.

allnurses dot com

GodsGrace said:

"almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types. .."

godlywoman413 said:

"I have some tattoos that I had gotten as a younger person. Mine are not anything questionable."

(So it's often the most conservative of ppl that are tattooed; what godlywoman413 says is not unusual; the idea that it's a sign of being some kind of way out radical doesn't fit.

This is so self-evident; it's hard for legalists to fight the facts.

And of course, with such a customary background, the potential in theory for faith based tattoos is huge.)

9 minutes ago, farouk said:

Tattoos are unlady-like. That is why I would never have one.

I agree, I would be disheartened if my wife marred her beauty.

Edited by Scott Free

1 minute ago, Scott Free said:

I agree, it is like putting graffiti on the Michelangelo's David. I would be disheartened if my wife marred her beauty.

@Scott Free What you quoted is what Cachalot said.

I guess you mean that your dw does not have a tattoo of any size or description.

Today it's become like getting an extra pair or two of ear piercings.